DH52 LI: Rosters, Open Commentary and Evals Topic

sixer is looking short on 3s, but those are clearly not as essential as they once were.  I think a lot rides on who the other wing is and which position English is playing.

I don't get the Bird-Hakeem pairing.  That's a lot of usage out of the starting gate, especially when you add Carter.  Either uptown has forgotten everything he knew about the sim, or he's playing mad scientist and trying to exploit some loophole in the algorithm, or he's farting around and having fun.

Four good players on eleibowitz's squad.  The scorers aren't very efficient, though.  I expect McGrady will win some and lose some.

dh's foursome also looks a tad high on usage.  I've never been a fan of Amare in the sim, but I can't deny that he's an efficient, volume scorer.  He just puts his team at a rebounding disadvantage, but I guess DeAndre is one of the best possible bigs to pair him with.

cjok is definitely farting around and having fun, but also clearly working a strategy.  Usage calculations aside, I wonder if there's going to be enough offense on this team.  Still, it's a worthy experiment.  It'll be interesting to see if Hill's shooting efficiency gets a boost.

scud can always find a good fifth rounder.  I'm not sure what it'll take to pull this squad together, though.  Big Artis tends to make more of a splash in the draft than during the season, and Josh seems to be one of those cats who doesn't have the impact his best season would suggest.  Maybe Pippen's real-life ability to make his teammates better and more cohesive will ooze through into the sim.

iccoachb has picked up four good players.  I'm liking the Magic-Nance-Klay trio.  This squad desperately needs rebounding help with the remaining picks, since Davis isn't a strong boarder at the 4 or 5 in this league.

I loved bandit's start with Penny and Marion, but the addition of Marques and Mullin suggests that Marion is playing PF which is not the most advantageous position for him in this sim.  And the team might be on track to be low on assists.  Is there a center out there who can bring what's needed to pull this group into a competitive unit?
9/30/2015 1:56 PM
Pennsylvania: David Robinson - Bobby Jones- Kyle Korver - Deron Williams ------ so far above average D - good low post scoring with Korver's 3's to keep collapsing D honest -- overall high efgs. NEEDS: rebounds & additional scorer

SELF ANALYSIS ---- because, well because everyone must think I'm irrelevant
9/30/2015 2:04 PM
Thinking that Boerwinkle is a steal at # 85.
9/30/2015 2:07 PM
Posted by pennsylvania on 9/30/2015 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Pennsylvania: David Robinson - Bobby Jones- Kyle Korver - Deron Williams ------ so far above average D - good low post scoring with Korver's 3's to keep collapsing D honest -- overall high efgs. NEEDS: rebounds & additional scorer

You're not irrelevant...you're just team #6, and uptown has gotten to the first five so far.  And I started from the other end of the draft, just because.

Your teams almost always have good D and great efg, and always seem low on rebounding to me but end up doing well in that department anyway. 

9/30/2015 4:43 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 9/30/2015 4:43:00 PM (view original):

You're not irrelevant...you're just team #6, and uptown has gotten to the first five so far.  And I started from the other end of the draft, just because.

Your teams almost always have good D and great efg, and always seem low on rebounding to me but end up doing well in that department anyway. 

This post is irrelevant
9/30/2015 4:46 PM
Posted by slymonium on 9/30/2015 4:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by longtallbrad on 9/30/2015 4:43:00 PM (view original):

This post is irrelevant
Nah, it's just a sign that I'm procrastinating at work...
9/30/2015 5:15 PM
I'll try to get some more evaluations done on my work pc by tomorrow afternoon. I tried to do some on my kid's tablet and the format got screwed up. I'm going to scrap the round by round analysis.

Thanks for the evals, ltb.
9/30/2015 6:15 PM

Four good players on eleibowitz's squad. The scorers aren't very efficient, though. I expect McGrady will win some and lose some

Yeah agreed LTB. Looking to win the possession battle. Very low TOs. Plus trying to keep fouls low as well
9/30/2015 8:12 PM (edited)
I just could NOT resist taking Kevin Love in the 5th round, and throwing him in there with Dwight Howard, Marcus Camby and Serge Ibaka and saying to everyone, "I DARE you to try and outrebound me!" lol.  Plus he helps with 3's off the bench.

Instructions to Jerry West--chuck up as many shots as you want!

Now i just have to hope there is a usable PG/SG left when I get to my final 2 picks.  At least with West, he can go in at the point of SG, depending on who's available.  Gives me SOME versatility.  Love my starting D though--4 90 or more rated guys!  Allowed me to take Love and bring him off the bench and maybe hide that horrible D a bit.
10/10/2015 12:05 AM (edited)
Gerald Wallace at 111. Yum. Really like him paired with Kidd.
10/1/2015 11:21 PM
Yeah I regret passing on Wallace for Green.
10/2/2015 6:55 AM
this is also the best Coachb teamever
10/2/2015 2:46 PM
Bump, because the evals are in place now on page 1.
10/9/2015 11:43 AM
Posted by jhsukow on 10/2/2015 2:46:00 PM (view original):
this is also the best Coachb teamever
Except he ruined it by using a lot of wrong player-seasons
10/9/2015 5:57 PM
◂ Prev 123
DH52 LI: Rosters, Open Commentary and Evals Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.