ODL 59 Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by ashamael on 1/27/2016 8:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by slymonium on 1/27/2016 8:35:00 PM (view original):
But yea, if you're drafting Dr., I think you gotta use the 54% season
Yeah, and that season sucks on the defensive boards (hard to use at the 3) and gives no 3s (hard to use at the 2).  I've just never been a fan of the Doctor in this league.  How many times has he won a ring here, anyway?

edit: looks like one (on this engine, anyway).

I think if you had Donyell at the 3 Doc might work at the 2
1/28/2016 10:18 AM
the 52 Doc (80-81) is a little better on boards, passing and minutes, but a little worse on TO's and fouls.
1/28/2016 3:03 PM
What is a foodstamp sub?
1/29/2016 10:13 AM
07-08 Mardy Collins playing legit backup minutes.
1/29/2016 11:43 AM
When will evals be done...not trying to be a jerk, just wondering
1/29/2016 8:54 PM
ughh...rl gettin in the way...just finished yours hardened

should be able to get some more done tonight and will have time tomorrow to hopefully do the rest

thank you banditone haha

1/31/2016 10:18 PM
Thanks dh.

I appreciate the kind words about my team...I don't usually get that kind of review...haha.

I love the reviews because it gives me a snapshot into another players mind. Often I am prejudiced by my own thoughts and it serves as a counter balance for me.
2/1/2016 1:42 PM
(sorry ash but ben has taken your title).

Dude, give him a couple of years and the title of ODL's resident guru isn't the only thing he'll take!  He's my kryptonite in this sim.  Fantastic owner & competitior.

Great evals, dh. I enjoyed reading them tremendously.
2/1/2016 8:41 PM
thanks DH - btw 62% asg rate is well above the penalty floor but yeah it's a concern (allegedly)
2/1/2016 9:19 PM
"As for playoffs...I think I'll just play it safe and say leibo, ben, sly, ash, or hardened will win it all. I like my odds there haha"

Bulletin board material in the Blues locker room!
2/1/2016 9:29 PM
and yes I did think about Kobe for a minute but the $$$ was a problem
2/1/2016 9:47 PM
you know.....I was imaging a Ward/Pierce backcourt. missed out on Ward by a hair.

Even if had gotten it, I find myself thinking that I don't know how I ended up with this plan!

Anybody else have anti-déjà vu?

This ODL draft messes with me in substantial ways. I really want to do this well, but I've......well, I had a good season last year, but I have cause for concern with this team. I guess I could blame it on a bad trade and a super close call with PG's, but......dang.

It's almost like my intentions don't transfer to reality all that easily. Anybody know what I mean?
2/1/2016 11:39 PM
Nice work on the evals dh. And I hope you have nothing in common with Ted Cruz.
2/2/2016 12:21 AM
I couldn't agree with you more on your critique of my team dh.  That is EXACTLY how I felt.  Also why I dislike the ODL way more than your 52 mil league and my decade leagues, which I do MUCH better in.  Why?  Because I am a good drafter of talent.  This league proves every time I am a TERRIBLE drafter of bargains, which is all this ODL is....how good can you pick players who will perform well for the money you spend for them.  I HATE that rationale, and I tell myself every time I am done with the ODL and just sticking to the other ones.  But then I always talk myself into it saying "OK, DON'T do it again!  Don't draft the high priced guys this time...and then the draft comes and I juSt CANNOT bring me to pass up on Hakeem, McHale or Brand late in the 2nd round lol.  

This league just defies basketball knowledge though.  Drafting Ben Wallace or DeAndre Jordan midway thru the 1st round instead of someone like Julius Erving, Olajuwon, or McHale is ridiculous really, but happens in this league every time because their salary is MUCH cheaper.  I just can't reconcile that philosophy in my mind and why I doubt I will ever be a high playoff seed in the ODL.  It just is what it is. 
2/2/2016 11:58 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
ODL 59 Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.