Midge's Funk52 LXXX Commentary Topic

I’m looking forward to Chewy’s evals, he did a great job on them last season.
5/28/2023 8:24 PM
The All-Undrafted Team:

C: Tom Boerwinkle, Emeka Okafor, Kyle O’Quinn
PF: Buck Williams, Willis Reed
SF: Chris Webber, Marvin Williams
SG: Clyde Drexler, Bradley Beal
PG: Deron Williams, Oscar Robertson, Steve Nash

Honorable Mention: Clifford Ray, Enes Kanter, Andrew Bynum, Joel Przybilla, Dan Gadzuric, Mo Bamba, DeMarcus Cousins, Ryan Anderson, Charlie Edge, Ray Allen, Eddie Jones, Jose Calderon, Kevin Johnson, Mark Price, Jamaal Tinsley, Mookie Blaylock, Ja Morant

5/30/2023 5:21 PM (edited)
I'm surprised nobody picked up the 1300-minute Drexler post draft.
5/30/2023 12:26 PM
Posted by beloud on 5/30/2023 12:26:00 PM (view original):
I'm surprised nobody picked up the 1300-minute Drexler post draft.
I drafted him last season and came close to picking him in this draft's sixth round. He's still a quality starter, but that 1300 minutes is one of the sim's best backup options. Let it be known that he's the perfect sub for Oladipo's best season.
5/30/2023 12:38 PM
I drafted Derek Harper. :)
5/30/2023 12:39 PM
Deron Williams was drafted by jethroeg
5/30/2023 4:20 PM
Posted by PBandJ on 5/30/2023 4:20:00 PM (view original):
Deron Williams was drafted by jethroeg
jethroeg wasn’t even in the draft.
5/30/2023 4:58 PM
that's just how good he is...
5/30/2023 6:02 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 5/30/2023 5:21:00 PM (view original):
The All-Undrafted Team:

Honorable Mention: Clifford Ray, Enes Kanter, Andrew Bynum, Joel Przybilla, Dan Gadzuric, Mo Bamba, DeMarcus Cousins, Ryan Anderson, Charlie Edge, Ray Allen, Eddie Jones, Jose Calderon, Kevin Johnson, Mark Price, Jamaal Tinsley, Mookie Blaylock, Ja Morant

Buck, Clyde, Deron are surprising
and will be drafted in future drafts.
Oscar is a salary cap casualty
Nash is an ast% casualty.
Is it me or has the recent ast% tweak
made swayed the strategy in favor of the
board lords?
5/30/2023 7:25 PM
Posted by seapilots on 5/30/2023 7:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by longtallbrad on 5/30/2023 5:21:00 PM (view original):
The All-Undrafted Team:

Buck, Clyde, Deron are surprising
and will be drafted in future drafts.
Oscar is a salary cap casualty
Nash is an ast% casualty.
Is it me or has the recent ast% tweak
made swayed the strategy in favor of the
board lords?
Yeah I’ve noticed the winning teams lately have completely forgone assist%. I guess the system is thinking assists aren’t that important anymore.
5/30/2023 7:30 PM
Just doesn’t seem like they’re worth the money.
5/30/2023 7:37 PM
I don’t like the way they have some centers and power forwards rated either 99% or 100% at the guard positions. If you pick a normal team with good rebounding they will get killed in rebounding. This rebounding overkill is almost as bad as State Farm teams were. If teams try to do that in real the other team can go small and run them off the court. If you try that here you get destroyed.
5/30/2023 7:49 PM
Posted by Midge on 5/30/2023 7:49:00 PM (view original):
I don’t like the way they have some centers and power forwards rated either 99% or 100% at the guard positions. If you pick a normal team with good rebounding they will get killed in rebounding. This rebounding overkill is almost as bad as State Farm teams were. If teams try to do that in real the other team can go small and run them off the court. If you try that here you get destroyed.
Yep. The system has been deviating away from real life for awhile. What made draymond green so great in real life is that he played like a guard at the forward/center position. Here what makes him great is to plug him into the smaller positions.
5/30/2023 7:54 PM
plug him into smaller positions has always been sound strategy w WIS NBA sim (is what she said)
5/30/2023 8:07 PM
Maybe an idea for the future….to lighten the load, have the winner of each conference split evals? That would make it a lot easier and more timely
5/30/2023 8:59 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Midge's Funk52 LXXX Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.