DH $52M Draft League LII Evaluations Topic

Posted by vancem on 1/11/2016 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Yes, I do like Pau quite a bit. One season my team had the best or second best record with Pau as my PF. That team was great but lost to a mikee1 Wilt team in the playoffs sadly enough. That team won't ever be replicated as Anfernee Hardaway will never ever again be a late 2nd round pick in this league. He used to go in the 4th round lol and that was one of my title teams. The stating lineup for the Pau team was --- Moses Malone, Pau Gasol, AC Green, Clyde Drexler and Anfernee Hardaway. Man do I miss the good old days!
Wilt-Oakley-Mason-Pierce-Payton...doesn't seem so good in retrospect, but it brought me my only 52 title. Ugh
1/11/2016 5:30 PM
Jkaye24: Wilt, Anthony Davis,Gerald Wallace, Kevin Johnson, Ryan Anderson, Stick Person, Jeff Ruland

I'm not a fan the Davis season most likely to be used. I think its overrated. It's late, & I'm tired. I might be missing something- but I don't think this is a very strong team. I may be underestimating Wilt, which I- of all people- shouldn't do considering I just rode him to a title... Idk- I think there's a lot of minutes hidden in the 8-12...

Cjok1051: Lebron, Michael Jordan, Pau Gasol, Rajon Rondo, Sam Dalembert, Tim Hardaway, J Przybilla

Despite criticizing the 2 5th round picks earlier- they were great finds and great value. I probably would have gone a different route, but this one works... There may be enough asts here to see an efg boost. That would make this team hard to stop... So.. I'd have to say it is a favorite.

Sixernuggets: Moses, Deron WIliams, Marques Johnson, Bobby Phills, Dirk Nowitzki, Birdman, Joe Dumars

This team should be able to carry Dirk's weal OReb%. I'd probably like more asts, but will probably have enough as long as Deron is on the floor. Phills is a nice player, but I may have gambled and taken Pau in the 4th and hoped Phills made it to me in the 5th. I think I like this team

Ysw128: Kareem, Klay Thompson, Mo Cheeks, Derek Harper, Roy Tarpley, Russell Westbrook, Jahidi White

Klay Thompson at the 3 with 2 non-rebounding Gs looks like a ticket to the lottery.
I don't like Russell Westbrook. Looks like he probably won't play a lot of mins, but I'm not sure if there is a season of his that I like. I'm sure the season used will add needed boards at the G position, but it won't be enough to matter. Tarpley & White were a great attempt to get enough boards. If I am correct, they add up to exactly 48 mins/game.. Probably could not get a better 48 mins of rebounding%. The combo adds good efg, decent D, a lot of fouls, White comes with TOS, not sure about Roy.. Too late and tired and lazy too look. I seem to like most teams, I have to eventually pick some lottery teams.. I'll go with this one

Thomcat: Shaq, Camby, Terry Porter, Grant Hill, Andrew Bogut, Chris Mullin, Johnny Moore

I like Bogut (he'd look good on my team), but I think Mason might have made more sense. That would put Hill at the 2, limit TOs, provide good D, asts, and Dreb. The team was built fairly well to 'carry' Hill. Shaq is high usage and would help limit Hill's shots. Shaq also comes with low TOs compared to other big men who offer similar numbers -even if you stretch the meaning of 'similar'. Camby has one of the lowest TO averages in the SIM- I think- and Porter is about average in the TO department. He's not going to hurt you. Adding Mullin (more on that soon) and Moore to play with Hill will probably end up with a lot of TOs. The Mullin pick was pretty much a team killer, in my opinion. I don't want to say names, but I would have gone in a totally different direction. There are still Big Gs or SFs that offer very good D and good D that weren't drafted. I would have gone with one of those guys. I think the Grant Hill Lottery Curse will live on.

Hoopsdude: Mookie Blaylock, Joakim Noah, Amare Stoudemire, Gary Payton, Kevin Love, Paul Millsap, Brandon Knight

Gary Payton made this team start to look like it made some sense.. The Love made it more confusing- always does. Millsap was a very good selection. This team could get lit up by teams with a scoring tandem at F, but the starting back court should is strong defensively and should create TOs, while limiting their own TOs.

98average: D Howard, Shawn Kemp, Horace Grant, Sidney Moncrief, Darrell Armstrong, JR Smith, Erick Dampier

This team may be lacking in ast%. Dominant rebounding front court and a nice offensive rebounder at G (Moncrief). Great Defense. Great total EFG. I wish the SIM could build in a 'crazy' or maybe 'unpredictable' factor for guys like JR Smith.

Copernicus: Rodman, Ewing, Jerry Lucas, Kobe, Charlie Ward, Anderson Varejao, Paul Westphal

I like this team- but there are very few teams I don't like, it seems... There's more than plenty of rebounding, which may be rare with teams with Ewing. Plenty of good usage, which may be hard to get with a Lucas, Worm combo. This team features my favorite player of all time- Rodman -and 2 guys I couldn't stand- Ewing and Kobe.

Vancem: David Robinson, Bill Russell, James Harden, Clyde Drexler, Nick Anderson, Anthony Mason, Corey Alexander

Not sure why the Nick Anderson pick was made. I think he's a quality player- but does he fit on this squad? I feel like Mason was a nice find in the 6th, Alexander is one of the better PGs with less than 1000 mins.

Pennsylvania: Larry Bird, Bill Walton, Walt Frazier, Paul Pressey, Andre Iguoldala, Elvin Hayes, Sam Bowie

I'm thinking there were a lot of available players that would have made this team better than Andre Iguoldala. I like him, and can see him as nice backup to the Gs, but really, I'd have to say it was a bad pick considering the team needs and who was available. The 6th round players could make it all make sense though... We will see

The 6th round did make the team make more sense, but i feel like Iguodala was still a mistake considering who else was on the board,  and getting Hayes so late was lucky. I almost picked him over Daniels.
Def will be very good and EFG should be good enough. Not many 3s here.

Jcred5: Chris Paul, Donyell Marshall, Andre Drummond, Brent Barry, Dan Roundfield, Sabonis, Jon Barry

I like all of the players on this team. I don't really love the 6th round picks for this team.. I like both of those players in general- but Sabonis' not so good D is unhideable. I've drafted Both Barry's and am a fan of them in the SIM and in RL, but I don't think both of them fit on this roster. That said, this team will rebound well, have few TOs and shoot well- and the D will be good enough. That sounds like a recipe for success

I just looked up Jon Barry.. And I take back my statement if one particular season is used.. This team is good, regardless

Slymonium: Karl Malone, Shawn Marion, Tyson Chandler, T-Mac, Jose Calderon, George Hill, K Faried

Great team. The Calderon/Hill PG combo is as highly efficient. They shoot the ball very well and rarely turn the ball over, but they are weak defenders and could get torched at times in this league. A T-Mac/Matrix wing combo would be a dream to watch in real life and a nightmare for opposing teams. The same is probably true in WIS, although their D ratings probably aren't as high as they should be for most seasons.. This team would be a treat to watch in real life. with those 2 wing guys, A great Interior defender, rebounder, and ally oop finisher in Chandler- The Manimal coming off the bench, crashing the offensive boards and finishing on the break.. Not to mention a the Mailman. A legitimate MVP season- running with this team and playing with efficient PGs.. I'd be a big fan of this team in RL- so I have to rank it high in this league

Jhsukow: Stockton, Artis Gilmore, Kyle Korver, Ray Allen, Emeka Okafor, Carlos Boozer, G Gervin

This team started off with a lot promise.. But... S*** happens I guess. I'm not exactly sure how, but you probably could have found a way to recover from the Korver pick.. well established to have been an awful selection... I understande Usage was needed.. But Ray Allen probably wasn't the best option for your team at this point... I like him. But not on this team. This basically means he or Korver.. Or Wait for it.. The ICEMAN will be playing a lot of minutes at the 3.. This is not a winning Strategy. The overall D & Rebounding isn't going to hack it in this league.. I could be wrong...

Uptowngbv: D Wade, Elton Brand, Bobby Jones, Andrew Bynum, Goran Dragic, Jamario Moon, Dan Gadzuric

Wade Seems to be a beast in this league. Brand & Jones have great all around games. Bynum has a great EFG and the needed DREB%. The D started off strong and is still very good overall. Dragic is the only 3 pt shooter. Gadzurich is a monster on the boards, which was needed. Plenty of asts and a nice EFG..

Jt7king: Charles Barkley, Billups, Buck Williams, Kawhi Leonard, Mark Eaton, Charles Oakley, Jeff Teague

Nice team. Very Good D & Rebounding. Very good EFG and a nice amount of 3s & 3pt%. Oakley and Teague were perfect fits for this team. The 6th round can be huge in this league.. Even with Billups & Leonard, TOs may be a little high, but probably not enough to hurt. This is a Playoff team.

Dh555: Steph, Kevin Mchale, Steve Nash, Tree Rollins, Clifford Ray, Mark Price, Lamar Odom

Wondering why Lamar and what version. Not sure if he can provide enough asts to achieve a boost, and if he doesn't- it doesn't make sense. The 3 guard rotation is top notch when it comes to EFG and AST. A lot of TOs and not a lot of D could hurt, but they couild make this team special... Ray's Rebounding was needed. It comes with a lot of fouls and TOs if I remember correctly.. Even with Ray & Odom and the high ast% Guards, I'm not sure if an ast% boost can be achieved. If so- it obviously makes a huge difference... and would make this team very scary...

Milest: DeAndre Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Terrell Brandon, Hassan Whiteside, Antonio McDyess, Mel Daniels, Alex English

Looks like the best rebounding team in the league. The cumulative for the starting lineup is 147%... Will this team foul too much? Possibly. The D isn't as good as I would like- I think the EFG is decent. Shouldn't have excessive TOs. More comments after a certain player still on the board gets selected (if)

Samuelyork93: Ben Wallace, Dr J, Alvin Robertson, Bob Lanier, Kirk Hinrich, Jason Terry, Carmelo Anthony

Obviously a defensive heavy team. Is the EFG good enough? Are there enough 3s? I'm not sure.. I think this team could surprise some owners.

Mikee1: Durant, Mutombo, Robert Parish, Serge Ibaka, Nate McMillan, Kyrie Irving, Troy Murphy

Wondering which Parish will be used. This team has a lot of defensive potential even with the 6th round picks. Plenty of 3s at a good percentage and plenty of rebounding. This team will probably make the playoffs

Longtallbrad: Tim Duncan, Magic, Kirilenko, Willis Reed, Draymond Green, Jameer Nelson, Vince Carter

Interesting team. Very good D and Defensive Rebounding. Plenty of ast. There are a lot of possible season combos, but the best options seem obvious. I'd say this is certainly a playoff team, and anything can happen in the playoffs.

Amerk1180: Kevin Garnett, Manu Ginobili, Larry Nance, Rudy Gobert, Dana Barros, Paul Pierce, Kris Humphries

There's quite a bit to like about this team. High Efg, Good Reb%, and plenty of asts. May have trouble beating teams with guard heavy/efficient offenses, but not many holes in this team.

Scudmissile: J Kidd, Olajuwon, Jerry West, Chris Webber, AC Green, Charlie Edge, J Tinsley

This looks like a playoff team, I know what Kidd I would use- but he's not always the one others select. I like the 3 Forwards a lot. The overall D is excellent. Not sure if they have what it takes to win it all, but I see them as a contender

Eleibowitz: Penny Hardaway, Mourning, Tom Boerwinkle, Larry Sanders, Reggie Miler, Al Horford, Eric Bledsoe

Boerwinkle negates Mourning and Sander's Defensive versatility while the 3 are on the floor together. I'm wondering which Reggie & Bledsoe will be used. That could determine a lot. I'm not sure what to think about this team- but I don't think I like it.

Banditone: Pippen, Bob McAdoo, Jack Sikma, John Wall, Fat Lever, R Beaubois, Chris Gatling

I'm not sure about this team. I think McAdoo is a very good & underrated player in this league. I don't like Wall in general, and I don't like the combination of He, Sikma & Lever as far as EFG% goes. The D is nice, and there are other things to like, but I don't think this team will shoot the ball well enough to win.

1/12/2016 12:36 AM (edited)
ok, i have received all the smails for team rankings. will do the posting of them in a little while... just woke up. 7 am
1/12/2016 7:05 AM
                   jt7king

1. Banditone                         
  2. Jhsukow
  3. Ysw128
  4. Pennsylvania
  5. Hoopsdude
  6. Jkaye24
  7. Sixernuggets
  8. Milest
  9. Thomcat
10. Samuelyork93
11. Vancem
12. Jcred5
13. Amerk1180
14. 98average
15. Scudmissile
16. Copernicus
17. Slymonium
18. Longtallbrad
19. Eleibowitz
20. Mikee1
21. Uptowngbv
22. Dh555
23. Cjok1051
24. Jt7King

DH555

1. banditone
2. ysw128
3. jhsukow
4. jcred5
5. thomcat
6. pennsylvania
7. samuelyork93
8. hoopsdude
9. vancem
10. 98average
11 amerk1180
12. sixernuggets
13. mikee1
14. scudmissle
15. longtallbrad
16. copernicus
17. eleibowitz
18. jkaye24
19. cjok1051
20. slymonium

milest

1. jhsukow
  2. ysw128
  3. samuelyork93
  4. banditone
  5. thomcat
  6. pennsylvania
  7. jt7king 
  8. uptowngbv
  9. hoopsdude
10. sixersnugget
11. 98average
12. copernicus
13. vancem
14. scudmissle
15. eleibowitz
16. jkaye24
17. slymonium
18. mikee1
19. amerk1180
20. longtallbrad
21. jcred5
22. cjok1051

uptowngbv

1. banditone
   2. ysw128
   3. jhsukow
   4. thomcat
   5. samuelyork
   6. jcred
   7. hoopsdude
   8. pennsylvania
   9. 98average
10. sixersnuggets
11. vancem
12. milest
13. scudmissle
14. copernicus
15. longtallbrad
16. amerk
17. eliebowitz
18. jkaye
19. slymonium
20. cjok

random.org placed DH555 (1), uptowngbv (2), jt7king (3), and milest (4)

ATLANTIC - DH555          CENTRAL - UPTOWN          MIDWEST - JT7KING          PACIFIC - MILEST

dh555                                   uptown                                   jt7king                                      milest
       banditone                             ysw128                                  jhsukow                                   samuelyork
       jcred5                                    thomcat                                  pennsylvania                         hoopsdude
       vancem                                 98average                             amerk                                      sixersnuggets
       mikee1                                  scudmissle                            copernicus                              eleibowitz
       jkaye24                                 slymonium               `             cjok                                          longtallbrad                                  

1/12/2016 8:56 PM (edited)
Are these rankings listed 1=worst 24= best?
1/12/2016 11:01 AM
seems so, yes
1/12/2016 11:29 AM
I didn't include my team or DH.. I didn't know who the other 2 drafting were, so I added the rest.
1/12/2016 12:11 PM
that's ok, miles. i was thinking 20 teams were enough... lol. jt7 gave me all 24  
1/12/2016 2:38 PM
while i'm waiting for the 4th div. ranking submission, i'll post jt7king's evals that were included in his ranking's list. it's a good read

jt7king
To:
scudmissle
Received:
1/10/2016 12:21:00 PM
Subject:
division draft

1. Banditone: Pippen, Bob McAdoo, Jack Sikma, John Wall, Fat Lever, R Beaubois, Chris Gatling
Good start, but there’s a slim margin of error in these leagues. I drafted Wall before and even in a line-up that had 115% assists on the floor he barely got above 50% efg. I hope this team is in my division. 

2. Jhsukow: Stockton, Artis Gilmore, Kyle Korver, Ray Allen, Emeka Okafor, Carlos Boozer, G Gervin
Stockton and Gilmore could’ve been a great start. Personally, I’d like this team in my division because Barkley is going to eat up whoever their SF. 

3. Ysw128: Kareem, Klay Thompson, Mo Cheeks, Derek Harper, Roy Tarpley, Russell Westbrook
This team needed to nail its 6th round picks and got Russell Westbrook. I like the first 5 players individually just not as a team.

4. Pennsylvania: Larry Bird, Bill Walton, Walt Frazier, Paul Pressey, Andre Iguoldala, Elvin Hayes, Sam Bowie
It’s getting harder to rank the teams now. Team is decent enough, just think you can adjust defense against it.

5. Hoopsdude: Mookie Blaylock, Joakim Noah, Amare Stoudemire, Gary Payton, Kevin Love
Again, team looks decent. Not a fan of the amount of minutes in the post (Love and Stoudemire) that can’t play defense. One is ok, both is not imo.

6. Jkaye24: Wilt, Anthony Davis, Gerald Wallace, Kevin Johnson, Ryan Anderson
This team is better than I’ve ranked it. I may regret ranking the Wilt and the Kareem teams so lowly. I just think I match up well with them. 

7. Sixernuggets: Moses, Deron WIliams, Marques Johnson, Bobby Phills, Dirk Nowitzki
Didn’t like the Dirk pick. At this point one pick is enough to drop in these rankings.

8. Milest: DeAndre Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Terrell Brandon, Hassan Whiteside, Antonio McDyess, Mel Daniels, Alex English
Another team that I think is decent, but I think I’ll match up well with.

9. Thomcat: Shaq, Camby, Terry Porter, Grant Hill, Andrew Bogut
Mullin was a good 6th round pick in rounding out this team. Not a fan of Grant Hill taking shots away from Shaq.

10. Samuelyork93: Ben Wallace, Dr J, Alvin Robertson, Bob Lanier, Kirk Hinrich, Jason Terry, Carmelo Anthony
This team has moved up and down as I’ve ranked it. Good defense.

11. Vancem: David Robinson, Bill Russell, James Harden, Clyde Drexler, Nick Anderson, Anthony Mason, Corey Alexander
I know vance has done very well in these leagues, but I’m not sure about this team.

12. Jcred5: Chris Paul, Donyell Marshall, Andre Drummond, Brent Barry, Dan Roundfield, Sabonis, Jon Barry
Big fan of the first three picks. 

13. Amerk1180: Kevin Garnett, Manu Ginobili, Larry Nance, Rudy Gobert, Dana Barros, Paul Pierce, Kris Humphries
I like most of the picks Amerk made. I’m just not a big fan of Garnett. 

14. 98average: D Howard, Shawn Kemp, Horace Grant, Sidney Moncrief, Darrell Armstrong
This team moved itself up my board with the Armstrong and Smith late picks. Otherwise it would’ve been one-dimensional.

15. Scudmissile: J Kidd, Olajuwon, Jerry West, Chris Webber, AC Green, Charlie Edge, J Tinsley
I would’ve actually ranked this team lower, but I don’t like my match-up with Webber/Green/Edge.

16. Copernicus: Rodman, Ewing, Jerry Lucas, Kobe, Charlie Ward
This team could’ve been higher, but I’m assuming Kobe’s usage is going to be higher than Ewing and I don’t like that. Rest of the picks were good.

17. Slymonium: Karl Malone, Shawn Marion, Tyson Chandler, T-Mac, Jose Calderon, George Hill, K Faried
Interested to see how the Mailman and T-Mac do together
18. Longtallbrad: Tim Duncan, Magic, Kirilenko, Willis Reed, Draymond Green, Jameer Nelson, Vince Carter
Just a good team, top to bottom.

19. Eleibowitz: Penny Hardaway, Mourning, Tom Boerwinkle, Larry Sanders, Reggie Miler, Al Horford, Eric Bledsoe
See above.

20. Mikee1: Durant, Mutombo, Robert Parish, Serge Ibaka, Nate McMillan, Kyrie Irving, Troy Murphy
I don’t match-up well with this team. Solid.

21. Uptowngbv: D Wade, Elton Brand, Bobby Jones, Andrew Bynum, Goran Dragic, Jamario Moon, Dan Gadzuric
See above.

22. Dh555: Steph, Kevin Mchale, Steve Nash, Tree Rollins, Clifford Ray, Mark Price, Lamar Odom
Team will lose games because of fouls. Best offense in the league though.

23. Cjok1051: Lebron, Michael Jordan, Pau Gasol, Rajon Rondo
If cj had gone with a Lebron/MJ backcourt, the ranking would’ve been lower. Getting Gasol and Rondo, Dalembert late makes them the one team I don’t want anything to do with in my division. 

24. Jt7King
I like my team.
1/12/2016 2:54 PM
JT isn't going to get his wish, but is George Gervin at 71 def 4.6 FP48 by far the worst SF defensively?
1/12/2016 3:00 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 1/12/2016 3:00:00 PM (view original):
JT isn't going to get his wish, but is George Gervin at 71 def 4.6 FP48 by far the worst SF defensively?
I assumed he would be your 6th man. If Ryan Anderson is a starting SF than he's likely the worst defensive SF, which is why I have a Wilt team ranked so low.
Are you playing Ray as your 6th man with minutes at SF then? If it's Korver coming off the bench are you going to be light on usage when they sit?
1/12/2016 3:15 PM
1. Wade/Dragic
2. Jamario Moon/Dragic
3. Brand
4. Bobby Jones/Gadzuric
5. Bynum/Gadzuric

I like my usg balance. Jamario helps the lackluster rebounding in the front court. Light on assists but I'll live. I had originally taken Jones to pair with 13/14 K. Love. I hope Bynum turns out to be the better option. Should be interesting.
1/12/2016 6:58 PM
DIVISIONS ARE POSTED ABOVE!!
1/12/2016 8:57 PM
I'm not complaining but how does it work? I had cj ranked as highest, dh didn't. How did he end up in my division?
1/12/2016 9:14 PM (edited)
Posted by jt7king on 1/12/2016 9:14:00 PM (view original):
I'm not complaining but how does it work? I had cj ranked as highest, dh didn't. How did he end up in my division?
I don't understand either. I had LTB ranked 'better' than anyone else had him ranked, yet he is in my division. That really doesn't make sense.
1/12/2016 9:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League LII Evaluations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.