DH $52M Draft League LII Evaluations Topic

After a lot of play testing I saw the Drexler was taking too many shots away from the Admiral. Nick Anderson at 31 mpg gives me excellent EFG%, tons of 3s, okay rebounding okay assists, very low turnovers and fouls but alas weak defense. Now Drexler at 16 MPG becomes and absolute super stud sub that will be in the games alot whenever Harden is out. Basically this team is going to rely on very good defensive rebounding, good assists and low fouls and low turnovers to win games. The defense is good but not great. I may regret picking Drexler over Rondo in the 4th round. If Bill Russell takes 15 shots per game too often then that will really hurt. I think that this team is a playoff team but making it into the top 8 will be a push.
1/9/2016 2:41 PM
Posted by vancem on 1/9/2016 2:41:00 PM (view original):
After a lot of play testing I saw the Drexler was taking too many shots away from the Admiral. Nick Anderson at 31 mpg gives me excellent EFG%, tons of 3s, okay rebounding okay assists, very low turnovers and fouls but alas weak defense. Now Drexler at 16 MPG becomes and absolute super stud sub that will be in the games alot whenever Harden is out. Basically this team is going to rely on very good defensive rebounding, good assists and low fouls and low turnovers to win games. The defense is good but not great. I may regret picking Drexler over Rondo in the 4th round. If Bill Russell takes 15 shots per game too often then that will really hurt. I think that this team is a playoff team but making it into the top 8 will be a push.
Mason was a great pickup for you. Similar problem with Grant Hill. Drafted him then trying to figure out how to crank him down. For some reason, Mullin was still around at 140.  With Shaq, Mullin and Porter maybe I'll have enough shots taken from him to filter out some of that negative while retaining his positives. High AST% should also help me. Concerned about ORB% and D not more than adequate. Will be on the bubble, as usual (except for last season) . 
1/9/2016 3:33 PM
So as long as we have a drafted player on our roster we can use an undrafted player any salary for as many minutes as we want. Is that correct?
1/9/2016 10:34 PM
Posted by vancem on 1/9/2016 10:34:00 PM (view original):
So as long as we have a drafted player on our roster we can use an undrafted player any salary for as many minutes as we want. Is that correct?
correct...no minute restrictions on undrafted players
1/10/2016 12:33 AM
Just checking. There's only a couple of undrafted guys that temp me.
1/10/2016 12:47 AM
I like the cjok1051 team in spite of the average rebounding and the fairly low defense at the PF and C positions. Lebron will be an average rebounder at SF and Gasol will be a bit below average at PF. I'm curious about the choice to take Rondo which pushed Lebron to SF when some really good rebounding SFs were available there. A stronger rebounder at SF like Anthony Mason and keeping Lebron at the PG position would have meant rebounding dominance. However, I love that team still. David Robinson will go for 30 points against them and Russell will get his boards but Lebron and MJ will combine for 70 points and it will be over.
1/10/2016 1:42 AM
I was desperately hoping Mason would fall to the 6th... When I took Rondo it was partly selecting the best player available, the other was to aquire an elite level assist man. I figured MJ and LeBron would work better together if there was a dynamic dime dropper along side. I then took two absolute board grabbing studs to man the post. Neither have great defense, but far from horrid. Pau at the four is this teams efficient glue guy who does a bit of everything well. All in all I am more proud of this draft than any other. We shall see.
1/10/2016 2:03 AM
I agree with you on Rondo. The level synergy between MJ and Lebron is based only primarily on the assists they provide each other, and while the number of those assists are good, they are not off the chart. Rondo is that final piece. He'll pretty much bring a second ball onto the court. 
1/10/2016 8:46 AM
Thanks for the explanation. I am really looking forward to seeing how well that team does. I'm also hoping to be in a different division. Based on the players available Dalembert and Pryzbilla did really fit the need. You really did a better job of drafting in the 5th and 6th rounds that I thought you could do cjok1051. GL in the season. 
1/10/2016 12:08 PM
Posted by cjok1051 on 1/10/2016 2:03:00 AM (view original):
I was desperately hoping Mason would fall to the 6th... When I took Rondo it was partly selecting the best player available, the other was to aquire an elite level assist man. I figured MJ and LeBron would work better together if there was a dynamic dime dropper along side. I then took two absolute board grabbing studs to man the post. Neither have great defense, but far from horrid. Pau at the four is this teams efficient glue guy who does a bit of everything well. All in all I am more proud of this draft than any other. We shall see.
I would disagree. Pau is not 'that' strong of a rebounder. A few teams made a mistake by not selecting earlier (maybe even me)- but I think there were better fits for this team out there. Especially when you consider that Rondo was selected and negating the need for Pau's nice ast% at the 4 or 5. The usage wasn't needed and none of his other numbers are 'off the charts'. A better rebounder and defender could have been had and would have made this team better than Pau. The Pau selection could have been considered a good to great pick if a rebounder/defender had been drafted to play the 3 instead of Rondo- Mason would have still given you all the ast you needed when you consider Pau was already drafted- I don't hate either pick or player as a stand alone- but they don't make a lot of sense together with the 2 guys already on the roster. Dalembert & Przbilla were probably about as good as you could have done. I may be the lone wolf on this- but that's cool with me.. We'll find out once the season starts...
1/10/2016 12:31 PM (edited)
I will make an effort to finish evals today...
1/10/2016 12:29 PM
Posted by milest on 1/10/2016 12:29:00 PM (view original):
I will make an effort to finish evals today...
OK. I'll round the boys up and get them to work out for you in the gym. 
1/10/2016 12:42 PM
I've sent my division draft to scud along with short evals. 
1/10/2016 12:42 PM
Posted by milest on 1/10/2016 12:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cjok1051 on 1/10/2016 2:03:00 AM (view original):
I would disagree. Pau is not 'that' strong of a rebounder. A few teams made a mistake by not selecting earlier (maybe even me)- but I think there were better fits for this team out there. Especially when you consider that Rondo was selected and negating the need for Pau's nice ast% at the 4 or 5. The usage wasn't needed and none of his other numbers are 'off the charts'. A better rebounder and defender could have been had and would have made this team better than Pau. The Pau selection could have been considered a good to great pick if a rebounder/defender had been drafted to play the 3 instead of Rondo- Mason would have still given you all the ast you needed when you consider Pau was already drafted- I don't hate either pick or player as a stand alone- but they don't make a lot of sense together with the 2 guys already on the roster. Dalembert & Przbilla were probably about as good as you could have done. I may be the lone wolf on this- but that's cool with me.. We'll find out once the season starts...
Pau is the third scorer for this team that Mason couldn't be. I've seen too many failed teams that only rely on a couple scoring options regardless of how great they are. Having scoring only from the back court and none in the front is a recipe for disaster. (and visa/versa) I firmly believe Pau Gasol is one of the most underrated players in the SIM (depending on the season used) especially as a supplemental scoring second or third option. Not to mention he plays a clean game.
1/10/2016 12:50 PM
Yes, I do like Pau quite a bit. One season my team had the best or second best record with Pau as my PF. That team was great but lost to a mikee1 Wilt team in the playoffs sadly enough. That team won't ever be replicated as Anfernee Hardaway will never ever again be a late 2nd round pick in this league. He used to go in the 4th round lol and that was one of my title teams. The stating lineup for the Pau team was --- Moses Malone, Pau Gasol, AC Green, Clyde Drexler and Anfernee Hardaway. Man do I miss the good old days!
1/11/2016 4:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League LII Evaluations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.