$50 Million dh555 Blackout League Topic

whoops

Chris Person = Wesley Person
4/1/2016 11:18 PM
Posted by dh555 on 4/1/2016 11:16:00 PM (view original):
what do you guys think about taking some pgs off the list?

Steve Francis
Sleepy Floyd
John Wall
Antonio Daniels

and it might be fun to let in some of those great 80s scorers...give them a chance to really shine

George Gervin
Adrian Dantley
Alex English

thoughts?
Well , I was kind of hoping that the tie between the 52 mil draft and this blacklist draft be solidified for future season. This may make people consider the blacklist draft eligibility when picking their 6th round picks in the 52 mil draft. If this prospect is to your displeasure, a variant can be only those drafted in the first 5 rounds be blacklisted, preventing people to try something funny in the 6th round. No matter what, I will abide by majority decision.
4/1/2016 11:54 PM
I'm okay with unblacklisting those 7 players. I'll go with along with the majority too.

I do think the Alex English belongs in the $52 Million league and should be blacklisted the more that I think about it. Especially as a shooting guard. George Gervin is on the bubble to me. He does play good defense and his EFG% is pretty solid in the $52 Million league.
4/2/2016 8:49 PM (edited)
My vote- take no one off the blacklist. Ramp up the difficulty.
4/2/2016 2:46 PM
What's going to be the strategy here? Defensive or offensive squads? There should be a lot of variety.
4/2/2016 9:09 PM
Posted by mikee1 on 4/2/2016 2:46:00 PM (view original):
My vote- take no one off the blacklist. Ramp up the difficulty.
I agree. I think we could have a rolling 3 season list of 52 drafted players.
4/2/2016 9:39 PM
Posted by vancem on 4/2/2016 8:49:00 PM (view original):
I'm okay with unblacklisting those 7 players. I'll go with along with the majority too.

I do think the Alex English belongs in the $52 Million league and should be blacklisted the more that I think about it. Especially as a shooting guard. George Gervin is on the bubble to me. He does play good defense and his EFG% is pretty solid in the $52 Million league.
Wait vancem your still running this league?
4/3/2016 6:53 AM
Posted by maglor1 on 4/1/2016 11:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 4/1/2016 11:16:00 PM (view original):
what do you guys think about taking some pgs off the list?

Steve Francis
Sleepy Floyd
John Wall
Antonio Daniels

and it might be fun to let in some of those great 80s scorers...give them a chance to really shine

George Gervin
Adrian Dantley
Alex English

thoughts?
Well , I was kind of hoping that the tie between the 52 mil draft and this blacklist draft be solidified for future season. This may make people consider the blacklist draft eligibility when picking their 6th round picks in the 52 mil draft. If this prospect is to your displeasure, a variant can be only those drafted in the first 5 rounds be blacklisted, preventing people to try something funny in the 6th round. No matter what, I will abide by majority decision.
I agree with maglor. For me, the appeal of this blackout league lessens quite a bit if we start second-guessing and tinkering with the list of players actually drafted in the dh52 league. I like the idea of maintaining the tie between the leagues pretty faithfully.
4/3/2016 6:58 AM
No I can't run the league right now.

I have gone back and forth on this. But the overall idea that I had was to blackout all of the players that were drafted in the last dh555 $52 Million league. I don't want to have the final say on it but if I did I would go with LTB's reasoning. There's still plenty of players available at all postions to build a team. The $50 MIllion cap allows owners to draft who they want.

If I have the final say then I say keep the original blacklist. Then we can move forward to fill the league with less owner uncertainty and confusion. Thanks.
4/3/2016 12:02 PM
I'd say keep the list. If it's an ongoing league there will be times when guts like Francis, Wall, and Dantley won't be picked. Finding the best unpicked gems is part of the fun.
4/3/2016 5:38 PM
I can't decide if I want to go for a defensive squad or an offensive squad.
4/7/2016 11:04 PM
bump
4/12/2016 11:19 AM
sorry if i missed it. is this a draft or just a theme?
4/13/2016 11:31 PM
It started out as a theme, but now it's a draft, which will be run by me as soon as we have 24 owners.
4/13/2016 11:56 PM
◂ Prev 123
$50 Million dh555 Blackout League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.