$50 Million dh555 Blackout League Topic

Honestly, I feel like there are guards that'll make it fun. Rod Strickland, Micheal Ray Richardson, Fat Lever, and a lot of shooters. I don't think we need to expand the blacklist, but I'll go with the majority.
3/28/2016 10:28 PM
I would also do a draft, but do want to mention that a lot of owners may be about to do the ODL/SSDL/ hopefully the clone draft/ and then a blacklist draft.
3/28/2016 10:56 PM
Okay I'm in no hurry. What if we did a parallel draft with 2 conference drafts at the same time with 12 owners in each draft? It worked really well in the ABA parallel draft but my team took second place.
3/28/2016 11:41 PM
i like the idea of exclusive players down the board. maybe we'll see more partial seasons, but i'm confident that the options are out there.
3/29/2016 1:22 AM
I'm down with whatever you guys decide but if I had a choice would leave list as is. But again I'll go with whatever you guys decide
3/29/2016 5:17 AM
I'm in
3/29/2016 2:22 PM
in
3/29/2016 4:45 PM
So who is the top draft pick here?
3/30/2016 9:14 PM
i don't think there is one. maybe 6 or 7. my thoughts so far are Mychal Thompson, Brad Daugherty, Kyle Lowry, Damian Lillard, Kevin Martin, Dale Ellis.....
3/30/2016 9:19 PM
I'm not disclosing my picks but I like yours ha ha. Since this league's my idea do I get the banditone exception for the number one pick every season lol?
3/30/2016 9:37 PM
I'm in.. I just don't see how the $50 mill cap will be reached. 47 or 48 is probably much more practical.
4/1/2016 1:46 PM
Posted by milest on 4/1/2016 1:46:00 PM (view original):
I'm in.. I just don't see how the $50 mill cap will be reached. 47 or 48 is probably much more practical.
I tried to make some teams with none of the teams sharing any player with each other and I easily burned through $ 52 million .in most of them.
4/1/2016 2:24 PM
I had the original idea down as not being a draft league and thus the $50 Million Cap. But at a $50 million cap it becomes like the DDL and you can plan on drafting extra minutes and pick your favorite players. I like it well enough but agree that it's a high cap for this type of blackout draft league. Has there ever been another blackout draft league before? Or is this a first?
4/1/2016 7:04 PM
Posted by vancem on 4/1/2016 7:04:00 PM (view original):
I had the original idea down as not being a draft league and thus the $50 Million Cap. But at a $50 million cap it becomes like the DDL and you can plan on drafting extra minutes and pick your favorite players. I like it well enough but agree that it's a high cap for this type of blackout draft league. Has there ever been another blackout draft league before? Or is this a first?
Long time ago, I think there were some drafts where a few player ( or was it any player from 50 greatest NBA player list? ) was banned, but the current blackout probably is first to (1) blacklist more than 100 players and (2) tie in the blacklist to a draft.

I always like the idea of having some extra minutes, because that will allow me to change the line up against certain opponents. If minutes are tight, there will be certain teams you just don't have much of an answer for other than praying to the random gods. Extra minutes can allow us to be coaches as well. If minutes are tight, we are just general managers and not much more.
4/1/2016 11:00 PM
what do you guys think about taking some pgs off the list?

Steve Francis
Sleepy Floyd
John Wall
Antonio Daniels

and it might be fun to let in some of those great 80s scorers...give them a chance to really shine

George Gervin
Adrian Dantley
Alex English

thoughts?
4/1/2016 11:16 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
$50 Million dh555 Blackout League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.