Commentary for DH $52M Draft League LXVI Topic

Thanks bds. Rebounds, turnovers, fouls will be an issue for me, but not scoring.

I'm not sure why people would want to play McHale at SF when he's only 97% there. There's no reason other than rebounding to do that, and to me a slight rebounding edge (that you can mostly make up elsewhere anyway) is not worth playing one of your top 2 guys at a position where he is 3% less effective.
9/12/2019 11:29 AM
I am really hoping, for no reason other than fun, that I can pull off 4 20+ PPG scorers.
9/12/2019 12:46 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 9/12/2019 11:29:00 AM (view original):
Thanks bds. Rebounds, turnovers, fouls will be an issue for me, but not scoring.

I'm not sure why people would want to play McHale at SF when he's only 97% there. There's no reason other than rebounding to do that, and to me a slight rebounding edge (that you can mostly make up elsewhere anyway) is not worth playing one of your top 2 guys at a position where he is 3% less effective.
I screwed up my McHale team the season you topped me in the division in the ODL. IIRC, I had Mutombo, McHale, D. Marshall, R. Allen, and D. Harper.

This missteps were Mutombo and Harper. I should have snagged a better PG who could do more in the 3rd or a better SG and just waited on a D only guard in the 6th. With Marshall and McHale, I had 2/3 front line guys who could provide elite defense at the three positions so Mutombo was stupid. I should have grabbed an elite rebounder who didn't need as much D like Przybilla much later.

I feel like the key to unlocked McHale is elite rebounding everywhere else, with 2 other elite defenders and 2 three point bombers. You nailed 2/3... TBD on the rebounding but I think you might pull that off.
9/12/2019 12:52 PM
Posted by robusk on 9/12/2019 12:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tarheel1991 on 9/12/2019 11:29:00 AM (view original):

I screwed up my McHale team the season you topped me in the division in the ODL. IIRC, I had Mutombo, McHale, D. Marshall, R. Allen, and D. Harper.

This missteps were Mutombo and Harper. I should have snagged a better PG who could do more in the 3rd or a better SG and just waited on a D only guard in the 6th. With Marshall and McHale, I had 2/3 front line guys who could provide elite defense at the three positions so Mutombo was stupid. I should have grabbed an elite rebounder who didn't need as much D like Przybilla much later.

I feel like the key to unlocked McHale is elite rebounding everywhere else, with 2 other elite defenders and 2 three point bombers. You nailed 2/3... TBD on the rebounding but I think you might pull that off.
Yeah, I'm definitely gambling that my offensive efficiency is enough to make up for below-average rebounding. You're probably going to chuckle (or at least say, "huh?") when you see the undrafted guy I got to back up Tyler and McHale; I can't remember anyone ever using him before and it may be a really dumb idea. He's a defensive liability but he shoots really efficiently and can guard the 2/3/4, meaning at least I have some flexibility in moving him around defensively.

I'm pretty sure I have WAY too many turnovers, though. The problem is Stockton; he just turns it over a bunch for a guy with usage that low. I probably should have targeted lower TO guys at other spots, but didn't pay much attention to it until too late. I don't think I've had Stockton before so this will be a learning experience.
9/13/2019 2:21 PM
I picked a weird time to have 3 2nd round picks (10 picks in total apart)
9/13/2019 9:11 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 9/13/2019 9:11:00 PM (view original):
Is this for DH or ODL?
9/14/2019 9:51 AM
Posted by robusk on 9/14/2019 9:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jhsukow on 9/13/2019 9:11:00 PM (view original):
Is this for DH or ODL?
Oops. ODL.
9/14/2019 10:32 AM
What can I say I got caught up in the pennsylvania hater speak.It was a quick job and a tough job. Sorry for the delay fellas.
1)pennsylvania -
2) redbooda -
3) maglor1 -
4) hoopsdude -
5) jhsukow -
6) ysw128 -
7)bds9992 -
8)samuelyork93 -
9)ronsouth1 -
10)mikee1 -
11)midge -
12) tarheel1991
13) Sappy -
14)amerk1180 -
15)dBKC -
16)robusk -
17)dh555 -
19)gerryred
20)longtallbrad -

9/15/2019 1:19 AM
Thanks for the awesome evals bds9992.
9/15/2019 11:24 PM
Posted by vancem on 9/15/2019 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the awesome evals bds9992.
Oh yeah I meant to say the same thing. It’s a lot of work and I really appreciate you doing it. Nice job.
9/15/2019 11:38 PM
As far as the Tiny Archibald comments etc. I almost took him in the 3rd round but after taking Dr J there was just about no way to get the amount of 3's that I wanted. I figured that I was going to get either Dame Lillard or Kemba walker in the 6th and they both have similar usage and defense with less negative numbers than Tiny . . . and a lot more 3's. Then for a brief moment I thought about taking both Tiny and Oscar Roberston on the 3rd. Then play slow down to cut down on the turnovers. The final piece would have been a jethroegg moment drafting Elvin Hayes in the 6th. That would give Wilt some help up front with awesome defense.
9/16/2019 12:04 AM
BDS, well done on the write ups. I have no idea if this team will be good or terrible, just wanted to try something different. Maybe be a little bit unpredictable along the way.
9/16/2019 8:41 AM
great job on the evals bds...thanks for doing it

"I see a first or second round exit in your future "

you nailed it...oscar has a nice supporting cast but i dont think they are a contender
9/16/2019 1:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15
Commentary for DH $52M Draft League LXVI Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.