Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Scoresheet!!

Rosters

1. ty84moss
- LeBron James, Joel Embiid, Serge Ibaka, Alonzo Mourning, Kevon Looney, Jarred Vanderbilt, Bradley Beal, Mason Plumlee, Anthony Mason, Wendell Carter, George Hill, Michael Smith

2. albiband0 - Wilt Chamberlain, Paul George, Nikola Vucevic, Clyde Drexler, Kyle Anderson, John Henson, Lonzo Ball, Kyle O'Quinn, Anderson Varejao, D'Angelo Russell, Paul Reed, Taj Gibson

3. dh555 - Steph Curry, Oscar Robertson, Bill Walton, Robert Parish, Michael Porter, JaVale McGee, Tree Rollins, Kemba Walker, Hot Rod Williams, Onyeka Okongwu, Lamar Odom, Terrence Jones

4. jhsukow - Giannis Antetokounmpo, Gary Payton, Kobe Bryant, Mitchell Robinson, Willis Reed, Deandre Ayton, Jamario Moon, Josh Hart, Josh Smith, Grant Hill, Mark Eaton, Shane Battier

5. gerryred - Michael Jordan, Dikembe Mutombo, Buck Williams, Andrei Kirilenko, Mark Price, Otto Porter, Jose Calderon, Al Jefferson, Troy Murphy, Roy Tarpley, Erick Dampier, J.R. Smith

6. steelers821 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Luca Doncic, Marcus Camby, Sidney Moncrief, Bo Outlaw, Russell Westbrook, Kermit Washington, Rodney McCray, Gordon Hayward, Arvydas Sabonis, Joel Przybilla, James Johnson

7. 24kpyrite - Dwight Howard, Kyrie Irving, Ben Simmons, Patrick Ewing, Al Horford, Bobby Portis, Tobias Harris, CJ McCollum, Mo Bamba, Gary Payton II, Marcus Smart, Rasheed Wallace

8. jethroeg - Shaquille O'Neal, Elton Brand, Ray Allen, Deron Williams, Marques Johnson, Mikal Bridges, Caldwell Jones, Tracy McGrady, Kirk Hinrich, Charles Oakley, Joe Johnson, Bob Dandridge

9. benhoidal - David Robinson, Jrue Holiday, Christian Wood, Derrick Favors, Chris Boucher, Eric Bledsoe, Paul Pierce, Amir Johnson, Terry Tyler, Samuel Dalembert, Dewayne Dedmon, Larry Sanders

10. ncmusician_7 - Chris Paul, Hassan Whiteside, Jarrett Allen, Montrezl Harrell, Richaun Holmes, Jaylen Brown, Brandan Wright, Kevin Johnson, Reggie Miller, Chris Webber, Jameer Nelson, Theo Ratliff

11. raggedclaws - Rudy Gobert, Damian Lillard, Shawn Kemp, Donyell Marshall, Andre Iguodala, Dirk Nowitzki, Ed Davis, Donovan Mitchell, De'Anthony Melton, Jaren Jackson Jr., Don Buse, Terry Rozier

12. berkelon - Karl Malone, Artis Gilmore, Manu Ginobili, Chauncey Billups, Kenneth Faried, Chris Andersen, Mookie Blaylock, JaMychal Green, Kyle Korver, Terrell Brandon, Bismack Biyombo, Michael Beasley

13. midge - Nikola Jokic, Bobby Jones, Walt Frazier, Jayson Tatum, Domantas Sabonis, Dave Cowens, Alvin Robertson, A.C. Green, T.J. McConnell, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Bailey Howell, Bob Gross

14. 20ks - James Harden, Moses Malone, Horace Grant, Gerald Wallace, Robert Covington, Enes Kanter, Nicolas Batum, Khris Middleton, Wes Unseld, Charlie Ward, Paul Westphal, Dana Barros

15. amerk1180 - Anthony Davis, Bill Russell, Klay Thompson, Brent Barry, Joakim Noah, Derek Harper, Dan Roundfield, Chris Mullin, Ja Morant, Vince Carter, Yao Ming, Elgin Baylor

16. jcred5 - Kevin Durant, Clint Capela, Larry Nance, Pau Gasol, Mike Conley, Andrew Bynum, Eddie Jones, Bob Lanier, Fat Lever, Dwight Powell, Baron Davis, Kris Humphries

17. jkaye24 - Charles Barkley, Kevin McHale, Steve Nash, Danny Green, Emeka Okafor, Ivica Zubac, Zion Williamson, Walker Kessler, Cedric Maxwell, Gheorghe Muresan, LaMelo Ball, Josh Giddey

18. jpevans31 - Kawhi Leonard, Scottie Pippen, Draymond Green, Dale Davis, Andrew Bogut, Dejounte Murray, Carlos Boozer, De'Aaron Fox, Clifford Ray, Robert Horry, Joe Ingles, Gus Johnson

19. dbkc - DeAndre Jordan, Magic Johnson, Shawn Marion, Jonas Valanciunas, Anfernee Hardaway, Amare Stoudemire, Nic Claxton, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. Terry Porter, Bill Bridges, Jusuf Nurkic, Ron Harper

20. ashamael - Larry Bird, Tyson Chandler, Jason Kidd, Zach LaVine, Robert Williams, Jakob Poeltl, Marcin Gortat, Brandon Ingram, Victor Oladipo, Thaddeus Young, Clarence Weatherspoon, Mark West

21. edsortails - Kevin Garnett, John Stockton, Andre Drummond, Jerry Lucas, Jerry West, Pascal Siakam, Bob McAdoo, Paul Pressey, Mo Cheeks, Evan Mobley, Nate McMillan, Kristaps Porzingis

22. pbandj - Dennis Rodman, Ben Wallace, Karl-Anthony Towns, Devin Booker, Tyrese Haliburton, Desmond Bane, Aaron Gordon, Rajon Rondo, Myles Turner, Tom Boerwinkle, James Worthy, Adrian Dantley

23. robusk - Hakeem Olajuwon, Dwyane Wade, Jimmy Butler, Kyle Lowry, Brandon Clarke, Larry Nance Jr., Paul Millsap, Andris Biedrins, Nerlens Noel, Marquese Chriss, Cedric Ceballos, Thomas Bryant

24. chewy3344 - Tim Duncan, Julius Erving, Bam Adebayo, John Collins, Kevin Love, Delon Wright, Daniel Gafford, Marvin Williams, Patrick Beverley, Jeremy Lamb, Tyus Jones, Maxi Kleber
5/19/2023 8:29 PM (edited)
x
4/17/2023 7:02 PM

[Scene: A montage of footage showing Benhoidal, a fictional World Three champion, winning numerous battles with ease. Dramatic music plays in the background as the camera zooms in on Ben's smug grin each time he emerges victorious.]

Voiceover: "In World Three, there's one name that strikes fear into the hearts of every opponent: Benhoidal. He's won battle after battle, tournament after tournament, and he's become unbeatable. But is that really fair? Should one person be allowed to dominate so completely?"

[Cut to a shot of a bustling city, where our fictional political candidate, Robusk, is standing on a soapbox, addressing a crowd of people.]

Robusk: "My fellow players, it's time for a change. It's time to put an end to the free wins that Benhoidal has been getting for too long. We need to level the playing field and give everyone a fair shot at victory."

[Cut back to footage of Benhoidal, this time with a red "X" superimposed over his face.]

Voiceover: "Benhoidal has had his fun for too long. It's time to take him down a notch and show him that he's not invincible. But we need your help to do it. We need every player to band together and fight for a fair and just World Three."

[Cut back to Robusk, standing on his soapbox.]

Robusk: "So I'm asking you, my fellow players, to join me in this fight. Let's put an end to the free wins that Benhoidal has been getting, and let's make World Three a fair and exciting game for everyone. Join me, Robusk, and together we can take on the challenge and change the game forever."

[Fade to black.]

Will you join robusk and put one of your three best team in World Three?

Votes: 16
(Last vote received: 4/27/2023 7:18 AM)
4/17/2023 9:06 PM

[Camera opens to a black and white image of a person staring at a computer screen, frustrated and confused.]

Narrator: "Do you ever feel like the world is just too complex to understand? Are you tired of feeling powerless and unable to solve the problems that affect your daily life? Well, we have a message for you."

[Scene cuts to a colorful, energetic political rally with people cheering and waving signs that say "Think critically!" and "Solve problems, don't blame randomness!"]

Narrator: "In this campaign, we believe in the power of problem-solving and critical thinking. We believe that blaming simulation randomness or variance is nothing more than a cop-out for those who lack the skills and determination to face complex issues head-on."

[Cut to a person typing on a computer, with various graphs and charts on the screen.]

Narrator: "Our candidate knows that the world is a complicated place, and that randomness and variance play a role in many of the challenges we face. But instead of using these factors as an excuse, our candidate has the critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities to tackle any issue, no matter how daunting."

[Cut to a shot of the candidate addressing a crowd, with a banner in the background that reads "Solve Problems, Don't Blame Randomness!"]

Candidate: "We need leaders who are willing to do the hard work of problem-solving, even when it's not easy. We need leaders who understand that blaming randomness or variance is just another way of saying 'I don't know how to fix this.' And most importantly, we need leaders who are committed to finding solutions that work for all of us, not just the few."

[Cut back to the energetic political rally, with people chanting "Think critically! Solve problems!"]

Narrator: "Join our movement today and be a part of a community that values critical thinking and problem-solving above all else. Together, we can build a better world for everyone."

Votes: 13
(Last vote received: 4/20/2023 2:51 PM)
4/17/2023 9:10 PM
[Scene opens on a bustling town square filled with diverse individuals going about their daily business. A charismatic candidate steps up to the podium, smiling and waving to the crowd.]

Candidate: "Hello, my fellow community members! It's an honor to speak with you today about an issue that's close to my heart: the importance of working together. This is a community that only functions when we all work together, and that means each and every one of us has a role to play. One way we can support each other is by using a proxy vote when we're not available."

[Cut to a busy mother with two children tugging at her pant legs, trying to get her attention.]

Candidate: "Let's face it, life can be hectic. Sometimes you just can't make it to the forums when it is time to pick. But that doesn't mean your pick can't be made. Using a proxy is an easy way to make sure your interests are represented, even if you can't be there in person."

[Cut to a busy executive running between meetings.]

Candidate: "And even if you can't send a complete list, just a couple of names on a list helps. Every pick counts, and every voice matters. By sending a proxy, you're respecting your fellow brothers and sisters by ensuring that their voices are heard too."

[Cut to a young couple sitting on a bench, smiling and holding hands.]

Candidate: "So let's work together to make our community stronger. Let's respect each other and the power of our collective voice. Send a proxy and make your voice heard, even when you can't be there in person. Together, we can build a better future for ourselves and for generations to come. Thank you."

[The crowd cheers as the candidate smiles and waves, walking offstage.]

I vow to proxy when I am within a reasonable number of picks and know I will be unavailable for several hours.
(Last vote received: 4/27/2023 7:19 AM)
4/17/2023 9:23 PM (edited)

As a member of this community, I know that there are hardworking and dedicated individuals who strive to make the most of the opportunities presented to them. However, there are also those who are lazy and choose not to put in the effort required to achieve success.

Furthermore, fear often paralyzes some members of our community, preventing them from taking the necessary risks to improve their lives. But perhaps the most troubling issue is the exploitation of flaws in the simulation, which undermines the integrity of the system and benefits only a select few.

These individuals who are lazy, scared, and exploitative often choose to solve fewer problems instead of more, even when it comes to important matters such as SimLeague playoffs. They rest players during critical games instead of trying to win every single match. This is unacceptable and goes against the spirit of competition.

But there is hope. By joining me, we can give a voice to those who want to see an end to the practice of player rest in the SimLeague playoffs. No more lopsided box scores, no more sitting out the best players. It's time to restore fairness and equality to the game.

Let's take a stand against laziness, fear, and exploitation. Let's work together to make the SimLeague playoffs a level playing field where every player has an equal chance to win. Join me in this fight and let's bring back the true meaning of competition.

Demand anti-tank rules are adopted in the league constitution.

Votes: 15
(Last vote received: 4/27/2023 7:20 AM)
4/17/2023 9:21 PM

[The scene opens with a group of excited individuals gathered around a table, preparing for a draft. Everyone is eager to make a deal and get the best picks possible. Suddenly, one person seems to be stuck, frantically trying to make a trade.]

Narrator: It's draft day, and everyone is excited to get started. But what happens when one person gets stuck trying to make a trade?

[Cut to a shot of the frustrated person still trying to make a trade, while everyone else waits impatiently.]

Narrator: They delay the draft for everyone else, causing frustration and wasted time.

[Cut back to the group, now looking annoyed and impatient.]

Narrator: Don't be that person. If you haven't been able to trade your pick by the time your draft slot arrives, then don't delay the draft by several hours by continuing to try and make a trade.

[Cut to a shot of a clock ticking down, as the narrator continues to speak.]

Narrator: Time is precious, and everyone else is eager to get started. Don't let your inability to make a trade hold everyone else up. Make your pick and let the draft continue.

[Cut to a shot of the group, now happy and laughing, as the draft continues smoothly.]

Narrator: Keep the draft moving, keep everyone happy, and make your picks on time. Vote smart, vote responsible, and let's make this draft a success.

Votes: 14
(Last vote received: 4/27/2023 7:20 AM)
4/17/2023 9:48 PM

[Scene opens to a dimly lit room where a man is slouched in front of his computer, surrounded by empty bottles of alcohol. The sound of clacking keys fills the room as he feverishly types away at his keyboard.]

Narrator: "In today's digital age, it's easier than ever to express your thoughts and opinions online. But what happens when you've had too much to drink?"

[The man pauses for a moment, staring blankly at his computer screen. Suddenly, his fingers start moving again, typing out a series of increasingly inappropriate comments on a political forum.]

Narrator: "Drinking and posting online can have serious consequences. Not only can it damage your reputation, but it can also harm your relationships, career, and future opportunities."

[Cut to a montage of headlines from news articles about people losing their jobs, facing public backlash, and even getting arrested for online behavior while under the influence.]

Narrator: "Don't let one drunken mistake ruin your life. Remember, what you say online stays online forever. Think before you post, and never drink and type."

[Cut back to the man in the dimly lit room, slumped over his keyboard. He looks up at the camera with a look of regret.]

Man: "I never realized how much damage I could do with just a few careless words. Don't make the same mistake I did."

[End with a message urging viewers to drink responsibly and think twice before posting anything online.]

Narrator: "Paid for by the Campaign for Responsible Digital Citizenship."

Votes: 14
(Last vote received: 4/27/2023 7:21 AM)
4/17/2023 9:55 PM
EXT. SPICE FARM - DAY

A man, 30s, sits in a field of spice plants, looking up at the sky. He is clothes are covered in spicy takes such as, "Duncan is a 2nd rounder" and "Gary Payton should go higher than MJ"

MAN: (to himself) I wish I could travel to the other worlds. I would love to see all the different foul trouble substitutions and primary defense positioning.

Suddenly, a bright light appears in the sky. The man shields his eyes and watches as a portal opens up. A figure steps through the portal and lands in front of him.

FIGURE: Greetings, jhsukow. I come from a distant world.

jhsukow is stunned. He has never seen anything like this before.

JHSUKOW: Who are you? FIGURE: I am known as many things. I am a Warrior. I am a Wizard. I ...am Magic. I spent some time as a Grizzly, but you...you can call me Agent Zero. I travel between worlds. I have come to this world to help you.

JHSUKOW: Help me? With what?

AGENT ZERO: With Savage.

jhsukow laughs.

JHSUKOW: I suck at Savage!

AGENT ZERO: I know. Literally, everyone knows. That is why I am here. I can help you win.

jhsukow is skeptical, but he is also desperate. He has been trying to win in Savage for years, but he has never been able to do it.

JHSUKOW: Okay. What do you want me to do?

AGENT ZERO: You are a spice farmer, aren’t you?

JHSUKOW: ...Yeah.

AGENT ZERO: Then bring... THE SPICE!

JHSUKOW: But...my takes... they aren't good. They are mostly just poor photoshops.

AGENT ZERO: Do you want to remain the worst Savage player or do you want to win? Listen, jhsukow. I am going to tell you the same thing I told Javaris Crittenton. Pick one.
(Last vote received: 4/27/2023 7:21 AM)
4/17/2023 10:44 PM (edited)
Great stuff Rob! To those looking to invade the third world, be warned. My team will be better than yours.
4/17/2023 10:50 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 4/17/2023 10:50:00 PM (view original):
Great stuff Rob! To those looking to invade the third world, be warned. My team will be better than yours.
4/18/2023 7:17 AM
My actual premise on W3 is that, yes, ben puts his best team there as a general rule but he is also probably getting like 10-15 free wins every season by everyone just conceding that world to him. I have even waltzed my way to 5 finals in that world (the same as ben) by putting only my 3rd best team there every season (more than I have made in any other world despite being my middling team), which is a testament to just how absurdly weak that world is every season. I think he is (wisely) using the ben intimidation factor to scare everyone off from putting solid teams there to create an advantage for himself and there are probably some easy wins there for other enterprising owners (as I have demonstrated 10 seasons in a row).

And yes, this is gamesmanship by me but I also have silently watched ben get away with this 10 seasons in a row... and I have to generate content for this season one way or another.
4/18/2023 9:30 AM (edited)

Listen, jhsukow. I am going to tell you the same thing I told Javaris Crittenton. Pick one.

4/18/2023 9:31 AM
It is a much more compelling argument to suggest we put our 3rd best team in world 3. My tired brain read “Ben and Rob account for half of the finals berths” last night.
4/18/2023 9:40 AM

Introducing the "Grumpy Grandpa's Basketball Defensive Statistical Ratings"!

Are you tired of unreliable defensive ratings ruining your basketball experience? Do you want to hear the opinions of a cantankerous old man who can't stop yelling into the void about them? Look no further than Grumpy Grandpa's Basketball Defensive Statistical Ratings!

Our ratings are based on years of grumbling and complaining, with absolutely no consideration for actual defensive skill or ability. Grumpy Grandpa has watched countless games from his rocking chair and is ready to share his unfiltered and nonsensical opinions with the world.

So why trust a fancy computer algorithm when you can have the musings of an angry old man? Order now and receive a free magnifying glass so you can read the tiny font on the back of the packaging where Grumpy Grandpa's complaints are printed in full detail.

Grumpy Grandpa's Basketball Defensive Statistical Ratings - because sometimes the best ratings come from the loudest voices!

4/19/2023 4:43 PM
1|2|3...42 Next ▸
Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.