ashamael-Big Ben/Billups

uptowngbv-A.Hardaway/S.Nash

banditone-B.Russell/B.McAdoo
4/8/2016 9:45 AM (edited)
Reserved
4/4/2016 6:40 PM
Reserved
4/4/2016 6:41 PM
Looking forward to a point guard with high assists and 3s and a low usage high creb% big man at the turn!
4/4/2016 7:37 PM
I will keep that in mind when I pick right in front of you, thanks for the tip
4/4/2016 8:28 PM
I'll be using 1966-67 Wilt
4/6/2016 10:38 AM
Just to start some chatter....
It might look crazy to trade up into the 2nd to grab Tyson Chandler, but I spent a lot of time playing out the draft in my head and filling in my team accordingly. I felt like I had to make a move to be competitive. I drafted $19.5 mill in the first 2 rounds, so even though Marion, Marshall (I spent a lot of time playing with my potential roster trying to make Amare work) and a few other guys on the board when I drafted looked mighty tempting, I needed to stick to a plan that I could live with. I could go into more detail, but don,t wanna give away my plans. Ha, but the chances of Chandler or another guy I like being on the board at my 3rd round spot were slim, so to get him and make my plan work- I had to move... It's my first ODL- so I really have no idea what I'm doing anyway. LOL
4/7/2016 10:30 PM (edited)
Posted by milest on 4/7/2016 10:30:00 PM (view original):
Just to start some chatter....
It might look crazy to trade up into the 2nd to grab Tyson Chandler, but I spent a lot of time playing out the draft in my head and filling in my team accordingly. I felt like I had to make a move to be competitive. I drafted $19.5 mill in the first 2 rounds, so even though Marion, Marshall (I spent a lot of time playing with my potential roster trying to make Amare work) and a few other guys on the board when I drafted looked mighty tempting, I needed to stick to a plan that I could live with. I could go into more detail, but don,t wanna give away my plans. Ha, but the chances of Chandler or another guy I like being on the board at my 3rd round spot were slim, so to get him and make my plan work- I had to move... It's my first ODL- so I really have no idea what I'm doing anyway. LOL
First of all, I think trading into the 2nd is ALWAYS a smart move.

Second, it's interesting, but bigs haven't been going quickly or slowly. I find it very strange that Artis went halfway through the 2nd, but Anthony Davis probably went a little early, too. For you to respond by trading up for Tyson isn't a bad move at all. First of all, of course he's a bad cat. Second, Tim Duncan isn't a great rebounder, which is why it makes sense to get one of the stud rebounders. I anticipate you'll have a little bit of a problem with turnovers and/or defense, but that is a great trio.

I think Tim, Oscar, and Tyson has the makings of a top 5 or 7 starting lineup. I'm curious to see where you go from here. (think I might be able to say that about everyone)
4/7/2016 10:35 PM
As for my own process, I had a different plan six hours ago. Then I thought of something, which I'm going to execute in the 3rd round.

Before you can execute, you have to imagine. That's one of the great things about this league, because while you're brainstorming you're on the clock to execute. If you're certain about one plan, you might be screwed if you realize, for some reason, that your plan is doomed.

Luckily, I picked a guy in Bobby J who is perfect for my new plan. I could've waited until the 5th to get certain lower usage SF's, but none of them are as good as BJ. Not only do I think that grade A role players make your higher usage players better, but I think they're worth just as much as grade A high usage players, in the sense that you need defense, blocks, steals, and assists in certain places in order to raise your squad to a certain standard.

Immediately after I picked BJ, I realized I could've picked Hakeem. If I did that......I don't know, maybe it would've worked, but I have no idea how to find lower usage guys after the 2nd round that would fit with Paul and Olajuwon. It's a mouth-watering duo, but even now, as I try to imagine what that team would look like, I can't.

VERY excited to make this 3rd round pick, without giving you any kind of hint as to who he is.
4/7/2016 10:46 PM (edited)
Posted by bds9992 on 4/7/2016 10:46:00 PM (view original):
As for my own process, I had a different plan six hours ago. Then I thought of something, which I'm going to execute in the 3rd round.

Before you can execute, you have to imagine. That's one of the great things about this league, because while you're brainstorming you're on the clock to execute. If you're certain about one plan, you might be screwed if you realize, for some reason, that your plan is doomed.

Luckily, I picked a guy in Bobby J who is perfect for my new plan. I could've waited until the 5th to get certain lower usage SF's, but none of them are as good as BJ. Not only do I think that grade A role players make your higher usage players better, but I think they're worth just as much as grade A high usage players, in the sense that you need defense, blocks, steals, and assists in certain places in order to raise your squad to a certain standard.

Immediately after I picked BJ, I realized I could've picked Hakeem. If I did that......I don't know, maybe it would've worked, but I have no idea how to find lower usage guys after the 2nd round that would fit with Paul and Olajuwon. It's a mouth-watering duo, but even now, as I try to imagine what that team would look like, I can't.

VERY excited to make this 3rd round pick, without giving you any kind of hint as to who he is.
Ha. My plan coming into the draft is totally different from the team I am drafting... Since it's my 1st season, I looked at the previous 2 drafts... I had 3 1st round targets.. All 3 would have fit a particular plan, but are versatile enough to fit any plan and at least 1 of them 'should' be there... I was then really hoping to get 1 particular player in the 2nd- which according to the past 2 drafts, I was right at his ADP.... If I landed him, I was praying I could make the same trade that I ended up making- and take a player that was drafted shortly after that spot, so that part would have worked... Well- None of my 3 1st round targets were there when I picked, so my original plan was over... My 2nd round dream pick wouldn't have been there anyway. The original plan still could have worked without him.. I probably would have tried to trade out of that pick- but Ash tried to trade out of a pick just a few spots earlier and had no takers... So yes, plans are always changing.. All in all, I'm happy with my draft so far..
4/7/2016 11:43 PM
Honestly I wanted Porter, but when I saw Hakeem hadn't been drafted and knowing I wanted a good scoring option with an all-around game, I knew I'd be stupid to not take him. Marion was what I felt was the better pick between a bunch of options. I have it set to use Hakeem's highest season. It is costly sure, but I only need 11 mpg between PF/C and I'll find that easily. It just sets me up to not need a huge scoring option in the backcourt and therefore broadens my options.
4/8/2016 8:06 AM
I set a goal for 14500 mins. I didn't see how I could get enough competitive mins if I drafted Marion or Amare...

4/8/2016 11:29 AM
Posted by milest on 4/8/2016 11:29:00 AM (view original):
I set a goal for 14500 mins. I didn't see how I could get enough competitive mins if I drafted Marion or Amare...

um... I like the direction you're taking (and/or hope you're in my division)?
4/8/2016 12:40 PM
Posted by copernicus on 4/8/2016 12:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milest on 4/8/2016 11:29:00 AM (view original):

um... I like the direction you're taking (and/or hope you're in my division)?
Me too. I haven't even looked at your draft so far, but if it's anything like your typical DH 52 teams, you'll be an easy 8 wins
4/8/2016 2:14 PM
not for a team running 14500 minutes kid (and ps I just went to the conference finals in that 52m league)
4/8/2016 2:18 PM
1|2|3...11 Next ▸
ODL 60 Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.