Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

I didnt think anything would be able to top the Montreal Boston game for a long time. Having not be alive for most of the 80's I rarely  have ever seen games like this. for some reason it just makes it easier to sleep at night 
2/14/2011 7:53 AM
old time hockey indeed.....even Mario is whining again
2/14/2011 9:18 AM
Mario is completely right to be "whining". What happened with BOS/MTL and PIT/NYI was not hockey. It was embarassing.
2/14/2011 1:02 PM
maybe he should check the stats first b4 opening his mouth....the Pens lead the NHL in majors....not to mention Matt Cooke...
2/14/2011 1:10 PM
Lemieux is a hypocrit because it was finally his team as a target this time. It was hockey. The Pens bullied and laughed at the isles last time, including headshots. Props to the isles for payback, something the league wouldn't do.
2/14/2011 4:20 PM
And if the pens don't believe the league handled it correctly, then go back after them. Rivalries are awesome and I doubt one fan will miss the rematch
2/14/2011 4:24 PM
I bet the two disgusted parties, andr and gm, don't miss the rematch or at least the highlights
2/14/2011 4:25 PM
I wonder if Lemieux will be fined for his comments....doubtful....the isles were fined $100,000 for the events....the pens $0....its even in the rulebook when a player leaves the bench to fight (Godard)....the coach gets suspended to....what did pens coach get....0

The Coach(es) of the team(s) whose player(s) (including goalkeepers) left the players’ bench(es) or penalty bench(es)during an altercation shall be suspended, pending a review by the Commissioner. The Coach(es) also will be fined a maximum of ten thousand dollars ($10,000).

2/14/2011 7:12 PM
a league of hypocrits indeed
2/14/2011 7:15 PM
Talked to a guy who lives close to Sid. He said Sid is back home with his parents in Nova Scotia and hasn't begun skating yet. He still has nausea and headaches. Doesn't look good for his reutrn this year.
2/15/2011 11:01 AM
Posted by andru2797 on 2/14/2011 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Mario is completely right to be "whining". What happened with BOS/MTL and PIT/NYI was not hockey. It was embarassing.
Hell no! They're just establishing the pecking order!  What you've been watching for the last 20 years has been mass confusion.  Nobody knows who outranks who!

2/15/2011 2:39 PM
It's not like this kind of thing has not happen before in the NHL...A Team or teams bringing in the goons for a single game.   

Mario's point is well taken. But if he's going to be critical about this, he should also include the fact a player from his own team has gotten away with 'stuff' and is considered one of (if the not THE ) dirtiest players in the league.  What I mean by getting away, is the fact the suspensions Cooke has received are a joke when you consider the number times...

But let's face..the way the NHL (Mr Campbell) hands out fines and suspensions is a JOKE!!   They are now taking into account the "result' of the infraction.  A guy gets a broken jaw..you're gone for 6...guy gets up walks away..2-3 games (if any at all).  That's just STUPID..not surprising though..the NHL has never had any real constistency..and therefore punishments don't carry any real weight.  As long as the NHL is unwilling to hand out any suspension that really mean anything AND be constist about it, you will get another GOON SHOW some time future...
2/15/2011 5:04 PM
11:23 AM:
The Pens used the following line combinations at practice:

Sterling-Staal-Dupuis
Cooke-Adams-Kennedy
Rupp-Talbot-Conner
Godard-Vitale-Craig

11:18 AM:
The Pens are on the ice for practice. Nick Johnson, who suffered an upper-body injury in Friday's practice is not on the ice. No Kunitz, Letestu, Tangradi or Jeffrey for now.

I just can't figure out how they are doing this.......they should be free-falling through the standings with this many injuries.
2/19/2011 11:58 AM
Rumor has Kovalev coming back to the Burgh. I can't see this move, as Kovy is all about himself, and doesn't fit well with the team concept, especially now with the rash of injuries we've had.  Yuk!
2/20/2011 7:52 AM
Mixed thoughts about Kovy.  I don't think of him as a system guy but rather a free-wheelin type.  Would he be energized coming here and do whatever's asked of him or would he just go through the motions and play out the season?

It's clear the Pens need forwards.  Healthy preferably and able to score if at all possible.  I can only assume he can still pull the trigger and if so would be a nice addition to the PP.  I think I'd roll the dice here if the cost is something like a 3rd round pick or less.
2/20/2011 8:59 AM
◂ Prev 1...59|60|61|62|63...78 Next ▸
Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.