Previous coach promised minutes? Topic

That was the purpose of this exercise.  One simple admission of imperfection in the face of strong evidence would have gone miles toward redeeming his image.  I was trying to provide that opportunity.
9/5/2012 2:05 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 9/5/2012 2:05:00 PM (view original):
That was the purpose of this exercise.  One simple admission of imperfection in the face of strong evidence would have gone miles toward redeeming his image.  I was trying to provide that opportunity.

+1

9/5/2012 2:54 PM
I've made several concessions throughout the course of this thread and realize I'm not always right because I'm not perfect.

If you had provided ANY evidence - not to mention your claim of strong evidence - I would have conceded to being wrong.

The fact is no contradiction exists. As much as you want it to exist, it doesn't.

Person A can use context to decide which of the several definitions of a word Person B was using WITHOUT Person B ever implying anything at all. That's what you're missing. 

Now I need to give a grade-school level lesson on finding meaning through context on an HD message board just to show you there isn't a contradiciton in something.  *biggest eye roll of all time*

If that didn't show you how your witch-hunt to show I contradicted something is in vain, then nothing will, and I'm done dealing with you. Rant in the streets all day that I contradicted something and see if I care. I know better, and so will anyone with an ounce of sense.
9/5/2012 2:54 PM
Person A can use context to decide which of the several definitions of a word Person B was using WITHOUT Person B ever implying anything at all. That's what you're missing.
In which case, Person A should not stick to believing that you say what you mean and mean what you say, without trusting their own judgment about what you mean.  This leads us directly back to the first example.  That's what you're missing.
Now I need to give a grade-school level lesson on finding meaning through context on an HD message board just to show you there isn't a contradiciton in something.  *biggest eye roll of all time*

If that didn't show you how your witch-hunt to show I contradicted something is in vain, then nothing will, and I'm done dealing with you. Rant in the streets all day that I contradicted something and see if I care. I know better, and so will anyone with an ounce of sense.
Would this qualify as a personal attack, if someone said it to you?  I've been respectful and used neutral language throughout this exchange.
9/5/2012 3:09 PM
If "anyone with an ounce of sense" would agree with you, do you mean to suggest that the over 2 dozen coaches other than yourself who have posted in the last 20 pages of this thread have a combined 0 ounces of sense?  Because I don't see anyone agreeing with you on this or anything else.
9/5/2012 3:12 PM
Wow, he still can't admit it. 
9/5/2012 3:19 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 9/5/2012 3:19:00 PM (view original):
You're seriously surprised?
9/5/2012 3:20 PM
Posted by ryrun on 9/5/2012 3:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 9/5/2012 3:19:00 PM (view original):
You're seriously surprised?
Not in the least, actually.  Maybe a bit disappointed.
9/5/2012 3:26 PM
did anybody else notice how often bisitza says "im done dealing with you" or "im done dealing with people until they..." and how often he backs it up? a man is only as good as his word, they say. coincidence? i think not
9/5/2012 4:06 PM
He's only "done dealing" until it looks like someone else might get in the last word.
9/5/2012 4:21 PM
gillipie,  I actually thought he was coming around when you began to explain how his team is not great and how he could improve.  I guess I was way wrong, very, very wrong
9/5/2012 4:22 PM
Posted by ryrun on 9/3/2012 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zbrent716 on 9/3/2012 2:44:00 PM (view original):
The biggest problem with the silent treatment is often the fact that you have to announce that you are giving people the silent treatment.
+1

Also, who really believes that will be his last post of this thread? 
A dozen pages ago.
9/5/2012 4:36 PM
Too bad I never said I was done posting in the thread. I've said several times I MAY be done or that I'm done dealing with certain people regarding certain issues, but have not once said I was done posting altogether. I will make that determination whenever I want, the same as any of you are free to stop posting whenever you want.

The only reason I am really still posting is because I am entertained by how many off-topic points people can try to argue with me about because they are unwilling to admit I was right. When I said that wasn't even necessary, all they had to do was agree to disagree, NOT ONE PERSON even did that.

This thread would have been over a long time ago if no one went on witch hunts in an effort to prove me wrong about SOMETHING, ANYTHING because you couldn't stand not to do it.

Now that all of those efforts have failed and proven fruitless, what else are you going to attack? More of the words I choose to use in my posts? A new topic you bring up just for that purpose? Something completely off the wall?

Stop in your quest to prove me wrong. Just agree to disagree and move on already, cause it's not going to happen.
9/6/2012 9:14 AM
last word
9/6/2012 10:34 AM
Gee. How predictable. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.
9/6/2012 10:51 AM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28|29...32 Next ▸
Previous coach promised minutes? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.