Willy and the Poor Boys Topic

4/10/2013 4:45 PM
4/10/2013 6:49 PM
4/11/2013 10:38 AM
This is not about the NRA at all.

This is about individual freedom vs Federal Power.

Gun Bans dont reduce crime or prevent shootings, we know this. It is a proven fact.

So why are all the Democrats trying to force this on us?

To give more power to the Federal Government.

Same old story!
4/11/2013 12:20 PM (edited)
4/11/2013 12:17 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 4/11/2013 12:20:00 PM (view original):
This is not about the NRA at all.

This is about individual freedom vs Federal Power.

Gun Bans dont reduce crime or prevent shootings, we know this. It is a proven fact.

So why are all the Democrats trying to force this on us?

To give more power to the Federal Government.

Same old story!
1. Yes it is.
2. What about my freedom to life?
3. That is an outright lie!
4. No one is forcing anything...76% of the population is FOR restrictions.
5. I would rather give the power to the federal government then to some fat red neck southern sheriff but then that's me.
4/11/2013 12:22 PM
And notice that these cartoons never really address an issue.

They are very generic. NRA is Bad, people who are opposed to gun bans are crazy.

They are not trying to make an actual point, just turn people who may not be informed on this issue to their side.

And even with the massive media and pop culture blitz this is still a divided issue.
4/11/2013 12:23 PM
THEY ARE CARTOONS YOU DIPSHIT! Were you dropped on your head as a child or were you born that way?
4/11/2013 12:25 PM
Posted by rcrusso on 4/11/2013 12:25:00 PM (view original):
THEY ARE CARTOONS YOU DIPSHIT! Were you dropped on your head as a child or were you born that way?
Its just a cartoon...

For those of you who dont recognize it this was a cartoon from the 30s implying a global Jewish Conspiracy.

You cannot post tons of political cartoons trumeting a single message and then act like they are just simple jokes!

It is a political message and can be responded to as such.

Nice try though to try to spread propoganda and then imply that it is harmless.
4/11/2013 12:29 PM
My response was not to imply that it was a simple joke....I was responding to your statement that they never really address an issue. My question to you is, how long have you been admiring the one you posted? I have no doubt about where your sentiments are on the subject.
4/11/2013 12:35 PM
4/11/2013 1:46 PM
Posted by rcrusso on 4/11/2013 12:35:00 PM (view original):
My response was not to imply that it was a simple joke....I was responding to your statement that they never really address an issue. My question to you is, how long have you been admiring the one you posted? I have no doubt about where your sentiments are on the subject.
Actually it took me about 2 minutes on google to find some Nazi Cartoons from the 30s.

And my point was that they were not actually making fun of an issue, where it makes a comment about the actual issue.

If there is a cartoon where Obama's policies are compared to a failing business that addresses a specific topic.

If there is a cartoon that makes Obama look crazy it is just making fun of Obama in general.

1st is tougher. it takes thought and some basis in fact.

It is easy to just take a picture of the people you are opposed to and make them crazy. No thought or logic needed.
4/11/2013 2:35 PM
No clear understanding of what you are trying unsuccessfully to say Peggy.
4/11/2013 2:43 PM

I will try to make this simple for you...

Say someone writes a post about the Bush invasion of Iraq was bad because of the loss of American life, cost to us that was mostly borrowed and the level of instability that it caused in the area.

That has some facts and basis in it. We dont have to agree but it is a jumping off point for discussion.

If someone just posts a picture of Bush looking stupid with the Caption "Bush lied and people died" we dont really have anything to discuss.

Cartoons can address an issue. They can be funny but address the actual issues.

Cartoons that make an NRA member look crazy isnt addressing an issue.

4/11/2013 2:49 PM
But NRA members ARE crazy. But let us say you may be right about a cartoon. If we just post a picture of Ted Nugent without comment are we making NRA members look crazy or are we just posting a REAL crazy person?
4/11/2013 2:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...25 Next ▸
Willy and the Poor Boys Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.