West Virginia is not elite Topic

Posted by ksparks on 2/16/2024 4:53:00 PM (view original):
It's ironic, Alek, how you seem to be slamming those that use the "big class" method (in particular, SD) yet you keep telling us how you're going to use that same method to win a natty. Talking out of both sides of your mouth...and both ends.
I’m only doing it to prove a point to sports douche that he’s no rare breed. And I have no choice based on the structure of the classes I was delt with. So once that’s settled I will be cutting it down, I’ve been transparent about this since day one. So shut your strawberry shortcake hole.
2/16/2024 5:46 PM
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 2/16/2024 5:47:00 PM (view original):
It's ironic, Alek, how you seem to be slamming those that use the "big class" method (in particular, SD) yet you keep telling us how you're going to use that same method to win a natty. Talking out of both sides of your mouth...and both ends.
I’m only doing it to prove a point to sports douche that he’s no rare breed. And I have no choice based on the structure of the classes I was delt with. So once that’s settled I will be cutting it down, I’ve been transparent about this since day one. So shut your strawberry shortcake hole.
I never said I'm a rare breed. I just said that I'm a good coach and playing my way is no guarantee of victory. Several good coaches have taken over my teams with loaded big classes already in place and didn't win the NC. You just admitted on the Big East board that recruiting the big class is hard, and I don't think the team you built is good enough to win the NC. We'll see.
2/16/2024 5:57 PM
2/16/2024 6:10 PM
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 2/16/2024 4:00:00 PM (view original):
It’s the same stupid concept. Everyone can do it. Nobody is low enough to do it. Spending $40 to be great 25% of the cycles.
Have you seen Sd's Kentucky stats? Not to mention the number of TE's he has and tired skilled position players.
He's going against the traditional Gd playbook/ formation ways.
2/16/2024 6:30 PM
Posted by matthewjohns on 2/16/2024 6:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 2/16/2024 4:00:00 PM (view original):
It’s the same stupid concept. Everyone can do it. Nobody is low enough to do it. Spending $40 to be great 25% of the cycles.
Have you seen Sd's Kentucky stats? Not to mention the number of TE's he has and tired skilled position players.
He's going against the traditional Gd playbook/ formation ways.
What world?
2/16/2024 6:33 PM
Posted by sportsdouche on 2/16/2024 5:57:00 PM (view original):
I never said I'm a rare breed. I just said that I'm a good coach and playing my way is no guarantee of victory. Several good coaches have taken over my teams with loaded big classes already in place and didn't win the NC. You just admitted on the Big East board that recruiting the big class is hard, and I don't think the team you built is good enough to win the NC. We'll see.
“Several good coaches have taken over my teams with loaded big classes already in place and didn't win the NC“ so errrrr you rare huh?

my class was higher than yours. Stop.
2/16/2024 6:34 PM
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 2/16/2024 6:36:00 PM (view original):
“Several good coaches have taken over my teams with loaded big classes already in place and didn't win the NC“ so errrrr you rare huh?

We’ll see
2/16/2024 7:02 PM
Posted by sportsdouche on 2/16/2024 7:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 2/16/2024 6:36:00 PM (view original):

We’ll see
Future guy here. I saw, witnessed and will say without a doubt SD will say "We'll See" more than one more time.
And he won 2 National Championships with using only 4 skilled position players. All 4 tied for the Heisman, first time in history.
Home Depot theme.
2/16/2024 10:58 PM
Are we comparing D*** sizes or sticking to the subject. Bc his only stiffs once every 4 seasons.
2/17/2024 12:49 AM (edited)
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 2/17/2024 12:49:00 AM (view original):
Are we comparing D*** sizes or sticking to the subject. Bc his only stiffs once every 4 seasons.
2/17/2024 8:00 AM
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 2/17/2024 12:49:00 AM (view original):
My teams are competitive in the years before they peak. In Year 1, we almost always make the playoffs. We almost always lose, but so do half of the other teams. Year 2 is almost always a return to the playoffs, and maybe a win or two. This is the level of success most coaches can really ever hope for. Year 3, we're a top 10 team good for at least a playoff win or two and usually more. Year 4, we're the favorite for the NC. That's how I like to play. I know other coaches can do it better. cebrake won at Bryant/Connecticut playing a version of my system and jay9 took over my Yost/Penn team and won almost every title for a year. Those guys are great coaches, two of the best, so it was easy for them. You still have to be able to recruit and game plan at a high level to win. You seem to think you'll do this easily. We'll see.
2/17/2024 3:45 PM (edited)
Too long didn’t read.
2/17/2024 9:15 PM
All I know is you probably wrote about how other coaches can’t do what you do and taking credit for going 38-21 in 4 seasons. Taking credit like USC takes credit for Patrick Mahomes being cut from the same cloth as USC DNA Lincoln Riley.
2/17/2024 9:18 PM
The only metric available at the moment besides my recruiting class being higher than yours is that you went 2-11 Year 1 with the class. I’m 3-0, playing all the FR.
2/17/2024 11:09 PM
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 2/17/2024 11:09:00 PM (view original):
The only metric available at the moment besides my recruiting class being higher than yours is that you went 2-11 Year 1 with the class. I’m 3-0, playing all the FR.
Only metric you can really compare it on is conference wins in the Big class freshman year. Pick up another one there this year and you are ahead of schedule.

i think you're in good shape for year 4. You're going to have to win a couple coin flips without the 12 RS Seniors douche had.
2/18/2024 12:06 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...17 Next ▸
West Virginia is not elite Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.