Rule V Leg #46 - Draft Thread Topic

Posted by ff09 on 11/1/2014 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pumpkinmcp on 11/1/2014 3:54:00 PM (view original):
I'm pretty irritated that when I check this on Friday it says my time slot isn't until Monday and now all of a sudden I've been skipped in the draft and nobody sitemailed me. I am fine with doing timed rounds on weekends, but it said 11/3 when I last checked it for my time slot.

In fact the only sitemail I've received is from Sinfonian saying my draft slot is Monday.

Okay well, I will take Pascual Perez from Montreal, but this sucks a lot.

I don't even know if I should bother sending a sitemail because the people drafting after me certainly did, even if the people before me did not.
It does suck that you weren't sitemailed about the time/day on the clock.  I guess the big question is did you lose out on someone because of it.  That's when it turns from just being irritated versus actually getting jammed.
Yes I did, actually.
11/1/2014 4:11 PM
Deleted
11/1/2014 9:13 PM (edited)
Stay in your time slots guys. Coach has not picked yet!
11/1/2014 4:52 PM
Deleted.
11/1/2014 8:04 PM (edited)
Posted by tridentric on 11/1/2014 4:52:00 PM (view original):
Stay in your time slots guys. Coach has not picked yet!
THIS!  Guys, untimed through the weekend. Specifically said this in my sitemail to all of you.  This has spiraled out of control today.  Was working all day, so sorry I couldn't catch this sooner. 

I'm giving coach until Monday to check in, then I'll probably have to go to the waitlist.  Meanwhile STOP DRAFTING.

Thanks.

11/1/2014 7:52 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 11/1/2014 12:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mussopini23 on 11/1/2014 12:25:00 PM (view original):
am I assuming that I can pick at any time since my time slot came & went?
The timed portion of the 2nd round schedule started yesterday but it continues today (spans over two days) so the remaining times shown are for today (so your time isn't until 6pm EST).  In fact, up until a day or two ago, we weren't going to be able to pick until Monday but people questioned why we had to wait that long.
NO. Started yesterday, and picks up again on Monday.  In part because I couldn't be around to police things today.  In part because we've NEVER had timed draft over the weekends.  ARRRRRGH!
11/1/2014 7:53 PM
I don't know what else to do other than say that any picks after coach's time slot are null and void until Monday.  It would be helpful if everyone would just delete their draft picks from the forum. Sitemail coming....
11/1/2014 7:55 PM
Posted by sinfonian11 on 11/1/2014 7:55:00 PM (view original):
I don't know what else to do other than say that any picks after coach's time slot are null and void until Monday.  It would be helpful if everyone would just delete their draft picks from the forum. Sitemail coming....
I was about to post to suggest this.
11/1/2014 7:56 PM
I'd like to say that timed schedules that span over multiple days isn't ideal (especially when the date portion which allows people to identify which day their time applies disappears) but split schedules which span across a larger span (instead of just the next day) is absolutely a bad idea.  It didn't help that people were questioning the schedule as it was so people got confused when their time was suppose to occur lest they miss their slot.

Next time, don't even both starting 6 picks on a Friday to be followed by 18 picks on the Monday.  Either get them all done before on Friday, span them over Friday/Saturday, or just hold off everything until Monday.

At the very least put a date beside everyone's schedule time so we can tell when we need to make our selection.
11/1/2014 9:21 PM (edited)
Posted by buddhagamer on 11/1/2014 8:58:00 PM (view original):
I'd like to say that timed schedules that span over multiple days isn't ideal (especially when the date portion which allows people to identify which day their time applies disappears) but split schedules which span across a larger span (instead of just the next day) is absolutely a bad idea.  It didn't help that people were questioning the schedule as it was so people got confused when their time was suppose to occur lest they miss their slot.

Next time, don't even both starting 8 picks on a Friday to be followed by 16 picks on the Monday.  Either get them all done before on Friday, span them over Friday/Saturday, or just hold off everything until Monday.

At the very least put a date beside everyone's schedule time so we can tell when we need to make our selection.
Yeah, I meant to put the date beside coach's slot, but I missed it.  That's my fault.  Probably should have held off until Monday, but trying to keep things moving.
11/1/2014 9:04 PM
Posted by sinfonian11 on 11/1/2014 9:04:00 PM (view original):

Next time, don't even both starting 8 picks on a Friday to be followed by 16 picks on the Monday.  Either get them all done before on Friday, span them over Friday/Saturday, or just hold off everything until Monday.

Yeah, I meant to put the date beside coach's slot, but I missed it.  That's my fault.  Probably should have held off until Monday, but trying to keep things moving.
Well by the sounds of it, if coach doesn't contact you by Monday, it sounds likely Monday's schedule will likely go out the window as well unless a replacement on the waitlist is already to jump right in with a selection so I'm thinking it might get delayed even further.
11/1/2014 9:12 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 11/1/2014 9:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sinfonian11 on 11/1/2014 9:04:00 PM (view original):

Well by the sounds of it, if coach doesn't contact you by Monday, it sounds likely Monday's schedule will likely go out the window as well unless a replacement on the waitlist is already to jump right in with a selection so I'm thinking it might get delayed even further.
jose can u c will be ready. He was on standby once already.  Sitemailing him tonight so he's ready to go on Monday.
11/1/2014 9:14 PM
I for one appreciate sinfonian's effort to KEEP THINKGS GOING.  It has always been said that the best part of this league is the draft.  And unfortunately typically there are always of couple days of nothing happening due to one or two owners.     
11/2/2014 7:44 AM
I have ZERO problem deleting my pick & picking things back up on Monday - my fault for not really reading the sitemails or thread that said exactly that, but obviously I wasn't the only one.   On another note, I understand that there are things that happen that hold up the draft or keepers or what not, & I have been a culprit on more than 1 occasion but as this has happened, it re-emphasizes that people do have lives & things going on outside of this Rule V league.  I love it, it's the ONLY league I really participate in on this site.  As a grown man, I will say that I apologize for not paying attention to detail & drafting.   I think Sin does a FANTASTIC job - & that is an understatement.  I am deleting my pick 
11/2/2014 12:52 PM
I think it's better for people to be a little patient over the course of ~1 week than it is to mess up a draft for a team you're going to use for like two months.
11/2/2014 8:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...18 Next ▸
Rule V Leg #46 - Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.