ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

I'm not sure if that's another tie-breaker or if it's factored with the pitching coach.
2/25/2018 5:39 AM
Have any of your drivers ever overflowed the office toilet?
2/26/2018 11:11 AM
No.
2/26/2018 11:53 AM
https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=7018143

Would you trade a no-power, great eye minor league 3B for this guy (his new home would be Madison)?

2/27/2018 10:25 AM
Yes, he'll be more than adequate in LF. I might even try 2B to maximize his value.
2/27/2018 10:35 AM
Where will Arrieta, Cobb, and Lynn end up? When will they sign?
2/27/2018 11:26 AM
I thought Darvish would start the ball rolling but I guess not. It's probably going to take a ST injury to get these guys on a team. Pretty sure Boras is Arrieta's agent so it may take a Boras death to get him signed. I thought the Yanks would be in play but, from what I've read, they are not.
2/27/2018 12:06 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/27/2018 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Yes, he'll be more than adequate in LF. I might even try 2B to maximize his value.
To expand on this, is there some ratio you are looking at to determine if the offensive output outweighs the detriment in the field?
2/27/2018 8:18 PM
Yes. I don't have time to look for it right now but I use a very basic formula for Positive Plays Per Season and compare it to what is average for that particular season. Then I check to see the RC27 of said player over the last couple of seasons to see if he's above average for the position. Average, or close, in the field and above average/well above average at the plate means he's worth playing IF my pitching staff can handle the workload.
2/27/2018 9:15 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Was just looking over the HBD updates and realized the last one was from 2016 and said this: Our next two planned updates will focus on player development patterns and an "optimize rosters" action for the Edit Rosters page.

Did they ever get around to changing that? The player development pattern change would be a huge change to make advanced scouting more relevant. Unless I've missed something in the current system, I don't think a guy will have ratings go up 2 one year, and 6 the next year, or start in the 30s and make it to the 80s unless there's unique circumstances.

Do you agree? Unless I've missed a change, I've been continuing to assume steady progression, and once it starts to slow down, it won't speed up again.
2/28/2018 5:42 PM
The changes were never made. You are correct, player progression is standard for each and all. For example, 10, 5, 3, 1, 1. Or something along those lines. First full season will be equaled, more or less, by the next 4.
2/28/2018 5:54 PM
Is there any reason to take a superstar player to arb at all? I mean I guess you might save a little money that first arb season, but if he has an 80+ patience rating and will play for you forever, why not just sign him LT his first arb season since his LT asking price may increase over the next season or two.
2/28/2018 6:46 PM
Ironically, came here to ask a similar question. I have sometimes seen players who were extended LT "early" and have wondered about the wisdom or strategy in not exhausting arb years.

Then I inherited this guy:

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=7916595

He will arb for $1.7 or sign LT for $7.6. How much more will his LT be next season?
2/28/2018 9:26 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...1144|1145|1146|1147|1148...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.