Rule V Leg #46 - Draft Thread Topic

I thought I'd remembered us doing Saturdays sometimes and never Sundays but I could well be wrong
10/31/2014 1:44 PM
I would just do it anyway. I'll help remind people if they pick an ineligible player.
10/31/2014 1:50 PM
Carl Yastrzemski, BOS
10/31/2014 2:07 PM
Really shocked to see Rico manage to get through round 1 undrafted and Yaz to make it this far. Both are probably related, though.
10/31/2014 2:31 PM
Posted by alleyviper on 10/31/2014 2:31:00 PM (view original):
Really shocked to see Rico manage to get through round 1 undrafted and Yaz to make it this far. Both are probably related, though.
I'm guessing Fisk/Nomar getting both picked early and blocking the Red Sox probably helped get Rico through Round 1 until I could get him protected.  Yaz became expendable once I got Olerud (same goes for Yaz being blocked as well).
10/31/2014 2:59 PM
I guess I'm just as surprised that you'd view Yaz as expendable with Olerud in tow, since Yaz could easily be placed in the OF.

I mean, I'd still have pulled Rico back over him but Yaz would be the guy I'd have pulled back in your spot if I had lost Rico and Nomar in round 1.

10/31/2014 3:10 PM
Posted by alleyviper on 10/31/2014 3:10:00 PM (view original):
I guess I'm just as surprised that you'd view Yaz as expendable with Olerud in tow, since Yaz could easily be placed in the OF.

I mean, I'd still have pulled Rico back over him but Yaz would be the guy I'd have pulled back in your spot if I had lost Rico and Nomar in round 1.

I agree that if both Rico/Nomar were the two I lost in round #1, I would of probably protected Yaz as a result and played him in LF.  There are some other Red Sox outfielders who are still serviceable while I would probably have had to go elsewhere to find another SS once those two were gone so protecting Rico over Yaz was an easy decision for me.
10/31/2014 3:29 PM (edited)
Miami takes Dave Righetti from the New York Yankees
10/31/2014 11:23 PM
Toot toot, the AFT BOAT is setting sail for the Puget Sound

Scott Rolen, Cardinals. On my phone if someone will sitemail.
10/31/2014 11:30 PM
Posted by specsman on 10/31/2014 1:18:00 PM (view original):
Gary Sheffield Braves
specman's early pick is now valid.  ATL Sheffield is now his.
11/1/2014 9:42 AM
Page one updated.  llcoach is up...I'm sitemailing him right now.
11/1/2014 9:42 AM
am I assuming that I can pick at any time since my time slot came & went?
11/1/2014 12:25 PM
I'm pretty irritated that when I check this on Friday it says my time slot isn't until Monday and now all of a sudden I've been skipped in the draft and nobody sitemailed me. I am fine with doing timed rounds on weekends, but it said 11/3 when I last checked it for my time slot.

In fact the only sitemail I've received is from Sinfonian saying my draft slot is Monday.

Okay well, I will take DELETED, but this sucks a lot.

I don't even know if I should bother sending a sitemail because the people drafting after me certainly did, even if the people before me did not.
11/1/2014 9:27 PM (edited)
Posted by pumpkinmcp on 11/1/2014 3:54:00 PM (view original):
I'm pretty irritated that when I check this on Friday it says my time slot isn't until Monday and now all of a sudden I've been skipped in the draft and nobody sitemailed me. I am fine with doing timed rounds on weekends, but it said 11/3 when I last checked it for my time slot.

In fact the only sitemail I've received is from Sinfonian saying my draft slot is Monday.

Okay well, I will take Pascual Perez from Montreal, but this sucks a lot.

I don't even know if I should bother sending a sitemail because the people drafting after me certainly did, even if the people before me did not.
It does suck that you weren't sitemailed about the time/day on the clock.  I guess the big question is did you lose out on someone because of it.  That's when it turns from just being irritated versus actually getting jammed.
11/1/2014 3:57 PM
removed
11/1/2014 8:53 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...18 Next ▸
Rule V Leg #46 - Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.