Scat 5 (RD6 22 Teams done) Topic

Actually, the deadline isn’t until tonight...I hope our lists didn’t get exposed before the deadline or something.
4/25/2019 11:26 AM
Posted by dBKC on 4/25/2019 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Actually, the deadline isn’t until tonight...I hope our lists didn’t get exposed before the deadline or something.
I guess they did.
4/25/2019 11:41 AM
Sorry this is all quite confusing. Can I get some clarification on when the round 4 submissions are due?
4/25/2019 11:55 AM
jhsukow
To:
gerryred
Received:
4/24/2019 1:32:00 AM
Subject:
Round 4 stating

Round 4 is due thursday at 8PM
4/25/2019 12:40 PM
Those were my 3rd round picks. I submitted them before anything was posted. If you want to be fair. Count my third round picks just like everyone else, including blocking duplicates for everyone and continue on to round 4. I'll stay in if that is the case but if my picks are all skipped and now exposed, that team is totally screwed.
4/25/2019 2:22 PM
I don't care what happens one way or another, but "if you want to be fair" does not apply here at all. What you are actually suggesting is that because you were 'swamped and missed the deadline' that we bend the rules of the entire process for the benefit of your team. Or else you quit.
If that is what happens, so be it, but I have a hard time believing anyone would consider that the path of fairness.
4/25/2019 3:10 PM
I didn't have a single player last season until round 4 and finished above .500
4/25/2019 4:41 PM
I never saw the deadline. I submitted my picks as fast as I could (which took quite a bit of time to research). All of this was before the results were announced and then I was told that I was skipped. I understand your perspective but try to consider it from mine. After all this is supposed to be fun - why such strict rules? Just make a decision either way, I won't be mad.
4/25/2019 4:49 PM
Posted by dBKC on 4/25/2019 7:23:00 AM (view original):
Looks like the rosters got updated on this page and Benji has a full 12 man roster with some good players. Benji, even though you missed a round, I think you should stick around. You added good players like McDyess this round.

Although I see Peja on his squad and he was on my round 3 list so I think that’s an oversight (sorry)
I’m sorry everyone. I’ve been a funeral all day for a person that means nothing to me. I’m all over the place and have clearly made at least one mistake here. I’m going try and make sense of it all now.
4/25/2019 5:15 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 4/25/2019 5:15:00 PM (view original):
Looks like the rosters got updated on this page and Benji has a full 12 man roster with some good players. Benji, even though you missed a round, I think you should stick around. You added good players like McDyess this round.

Although I see Peja on his squad and he was on my round 3 list so I think that’s an oversight (sorry)
I’m sorry everyone. I’ve been a funeral all day for a person that means nothing to me. I’m all over the place and have clearly made at least one mistake here. I’m going try and make sense of it all now.
Understandable. This is small in comparison to real life.
4/25/2019 5:32 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 4/25/2019 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jhsukow on 4/25/2019 5:15:00 PM (view original):

Understandable. This is small in comparison to real life.
No. It sucks. two weeks ago my son was in the hospital and that was more important than this. This is just sloppy. I don't want to make excuses, I just wanted to clarify why I am just responding to this now. This is the last thing I want to happen. This league more than any other league is built around the idea that I am competent and trustworthy. I have no idea why yesterday at 8:20 I would expose those lists like that.

The draft is frozen. I am going to think of what I think is fair and a solution that can make this still fun for everyone. And then I will seek your feedback,

You all have EVERY right to be frustrated with me and I am asking for a little grace and forgiveness right now.
4/25/2019 5:44 PM
Thanks for taking this so seriously but honestly it’s okay. No one should be upset. I’m not. Maybe any lists that were submitted after exposure that cancel out anyone on the exposed lists don’t count?

For example, if I had “player A” exposed and I was the only one who submitted that player *at the time* then I can’t get knocked out by someone who submitted after I was exposed? This would also benefit teams submitting after some of the lists were exposed because they would have a better idea of who might be available. So kind of a win-win for early submitters and later submitters? Just a thought.
4/25/2019 5:54 PM
Assuming no one copied everyone else's submissions

a) you could hide the Round 4 submissions and proceed with the deadline as planned. 18 people have already submitted their ballots; we could hope that the other six haven't seen the others, or just won't remember all of the names. If they do, good for them, but 18 ballots won't change.
4/25/2019 6:20 PM
I appreciate your willingness to own this and be forthcoming. The majority of ballots were submitted before you revealed what you revealed, so the damage will be small no matter how you want to handle this. It's OK. It's not ideal, but it's OK. I've always found you to be competent and trustworthy, and I have no trouble treating you with grace and understanding, considering what you've been dealing with lately.
4/25/2019 6:53 PM
I agree. I have seen so many names I don't remember any of them except the ones on my team. This is fun, and while we should take the draft seriously, I'm not going to fret about any decision that is made.
4/25/2019 10:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Scat 5 (RD6 22 Teams done) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.