Commentary Thread DH $52M Draft League LXVIII Topic

penn, think about what this **** is doing inside you - it's ugly, it's like cancer eating away at you - be better
4/8/2020 5:09 PM (edited)
Posted by dBKC on 4/8/2020 1:02:00 PM (view original):
(sent from my typewriter)
bwahahaha
4/8/2020 4:36 PM
Posted by copernicus on 4/8/2020 3:26:00 PM (view original):
this is how you choose to spend your time?
Didn't you hear, he has two active law practices 280 miles apart (but also endless time to post hilarious rants on a fringe simulation sports website)
4/8/2020 4:39 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 4/8/2020 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Does this happen every draft in this league? This may be my last season here.
just ignore penn
4/8/2020 4:39 PM
Look I am frustrated too, but complaining about it isn't going to get anyone anywhere. I will give you this Penn, I do see people getting upset and offended too easily anymore and this whole verbal battle is a prime example of it.
Also on a basketball note, I am really happy you are not going to be using a certain player this year because I always want to draft him but you always take him first.
4/8/2020 4:40 PM
This is less about liberalism and conservatism and more about a lack of frustration tolerance. The "politics" are just a convenient expression negative energy that has nowhere else to go. I'm retired, and I know that sitting around with a singular interest is not good. People like Penn, are usually giving and sensitive people on a one-to-one basis. There is an anonymity here that for some, expresses the worst side of oneself. Varying your interests and volunteering in the community (after this crisis) are good antidotes to an unhealthy anger funneled into one interest like this game. The other thing, which I think has been mentioned, is that we have no idea what the guy we are waiting for is currently going through. This is particularly true with what we are experiencing now. And, if the guy is just a laggard, welcome to the human condition. No point in twisting yourself into knots about what cannot be controlled.
4/8/2020 6:39 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 4/8/2020 4:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 4/8/2020 3:26:00 PM (view original):
this is how you choose to spend your time?
Didn't you hear, he has two active law practices 280 miles apart (but also endless time to post hilarious rants on a fringe simulation sports website)
well, but dont we all now...
4/8/2020 7:23 PM
The obvious point being that despite my Real job, I have the ability to do more than 1 thing at a time --- unlike others.

PS - It's telling that I'm perceived as a "bad guy" while stating the obvious - while others INVENT excuses/explanations supported with NOTHING other than their need to say something - without regard to the TRUTH
4/8/2020 8:18 PM
Posted by pennsylvania on 4/8/2020 8:18:00 PM (view original):
The obvious point being that despite my Real job, I have the ability to do more than 1 thing at a time --- unlike others.

PS - It's telling that I'm perceived as a "bad guy" while stating the obvious - while others INVENT excuses/explanations supported with NOTHING other than their need to say something - without regard to the TRUTH
Nobody thinks you're a bad guy for getting irritated about people being slow/late to make their picks--well, at least that's only a small part of it. It's mainly because you have a spectacular talent for morphing your complaints about people sometimes being slow to make draft picks on a nerdy simulation sports website into a bonkers rant about politics and/or the decline of American society as a whole.
4/8/2020 8:31 PM
It's interesting that last season we had the same type of delay at the # 2 spot. In that draft redbooda was late to draft due to being sick with pneumonia. dh555 made the selection for him. So with the virus going on it now could be same type of situation with midge.
4/8/2020 10:31 PM
Posted by vancem on 4/8/2020 10:31:00 PM (view original):
It's interesting that last season we had the same type of delay at the # 2 spot. In that draft redbooda was late to draft due to being sick with pneumonia. dh555 made the selection for him. So with the virus going on it now could be same type of situation with midge.
deja vu...steph at #2 both times too
4/9/2020 12:31 AM
Thanks dh555.
4/9/2020 1:19 AM
I just made Kawhi Leonard a first round pick. I really wanted John Stockton. Thanks a lot dh555!
4/10/2020 1:13 AM
Posted by vancem on 4/10/2020 1:13:00 AM (view original):
I just made Kawhi Leonard a first round pick. I really wanted John Stockton. Thanks a lot dh555!
awww come on vance...you cant be surprised there...he was the obvious pick

if it makes you feel any better i was definitely thinking about a stockton/kawhi backcourt haha
4/10/2020 1:32 AM
btw...in case its going unnoticed...dbkc is turning into another uvasooner in this league

hes won 3 out of the last 5 titles...and the last two times hes had barkley he won the title and lost in the conf finals...i know who im picking last in the division draft
4/10/2020 1:37 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...17 Next ▸
Commentary Thread DH $52M Draft League LXVIII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.