Savage XIII Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by robusk on 11/12/2023 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 11/12/2023 6:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 11/12/2023 5:25:00 PM (view original):
curious to see the 5 cp3 seasons you choose robusk...i second guessed myself constantly when i had him

is wilt in your 3rd tier?

Yeah. I’m lower on Wilt and Steph than probably everyone.
Those are the obvious ones.

1617 is really low minutes but I will probably go with it because it is probably the best quality.

After that I think probably 1213?
Those are the five I rate highest as well. A couple of others that you might consider using if 16-17 minutes scared you, but 16-17 is so damn good.
11/12/2023 6:53 PM
I’ll have plenty of time to tinker, but I don’t think I’ll have a problem choosing the top 5 Mailman seasons. His top 5 efg% seasons seem like good candidates. 96/97 is the standout. I think it’s a mistake to use any other in regular draft leagues. The other 4 are amazingly consistent.
11/12/2023 7:42 PM
Posted by ashamael on 11/12/2023 6:50:00 PM (view original):
Rob said in regards to CP3:

He is in my third tier, tier one is one person, tier two is two people, tier three is five people.

I'm the same with Lebron. He's so far ahead of anybody else it's not even funny. As for tiers after that, that's difficult to think about. I'd say I have 13 people who are top 10 worthy in my mind, so I'll start with a 1-4-8 spread.

1 is Bron. No argument.

2 is Wilt, Curry, Giannis, MJ (not necessarily in that order). Wilt's minutes are balanced in my mind with Giannis' per-minute greatness. Steph's 3s are unparalleled and are a great equalizer. MJ gives you such a huge back court advantage in so many areas.

3 is CP3, Kareem, Shaq, Dwight, Admiral, Jokic, and two undrafted at this moment.

Keep in mind that I'm not Rob, and that I haven't won four of these and been top 5 virtually every one of them since the first few. He understands how to make lower minute guys shine. I think I would botch Giannis because of that. Otherwise, he'd easily be my #2 overall player.
I am slower adapting to Jokic than everyone else, just like I am with Dr. J.
11/12/2023 7:49 PM
Posted by robusk on 11/12/2023 7:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 11/12/2023 6:50:00 PM (view original):
Rob said in regards to CP3:

He is in my third tier, tier one is one person, tier two is two people, tier three is five people.

I'm the same with Lebron. He's so far ahead of anybody else it's not even funny. As for tiers after that, that's difficult to think about. I'd say I have 13 people who are top 10 worthy in my mind, so I'll start with a 1-4-8 spread.

1 is Bron. No argument.

2 is Wilt, Curry, Giannis, MJ (not necessarily in that order). Wilt's minutes are balanced in my mind with Giannis' per-minute greatness. Steph's 3s are unparalleled and are a great equalizer. MJ gives you such a huge back court advantage in so many areas.

3 is CP3, Kareem, Shaq, Dwight, Admiral, Jokic, and two undrafted at this moment.

Keep in mind that I'm not Rob, and that I haven't won four of these and been top 5 virtually every one of them since the first few. He understands how to make lower minute guys shine. I think I would botch Giannis because of that. Otherwise, he'd easily be my #2 overall player.
I am slower adapting to Jokic than everyone else, just like I am with Dr. J.
The two undrafted were Mailman & Harden, both of whom I have ahead of Jokic. It's a long season, but if he keeps up what he's doing right now, he might surge to the top of this tier for me and maybe even in the bottom of tier 2. That defense is hard to stomach, but nobody else gives you what he does at any position, much less center.
11/12/2023 8:16 PM
dbkc ending back up with Harden is frightening. He was my goal at 15 but couldn't pass up Shaq at 12 when that opportunity rose. I think building around Harden is miles easier than it's going to be around Shaq, but Shaq is Shaq, so I'll give it a shot.
11/12/2023 8:17 PM
I had intended to take Harden. I like him. I’ve won with him. I also have a high tolerance for his turnovers and poor shooting games. But I looked a little closer and couldn’t find 5 seasons I thought I could win with. Same with Anthony Davis (glad he went before Malone). Since this is my first time in this format I went with 5 seasons I have confidence in.
11/12/2023 8:25 PM
Welcome to Savage, man. You'll re-evaluate your opinion on some guys in here after playing the other draft leagues for years. I've finished 2nd with Harden twice, I think, and one of them I just missed by 4 points when Kinoa had an amazing playoff run to pass me on the very last day.
11/12/2023 8:27 PM
Posted by ashamael on 11/12/2023 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Welcome to Savage, man. You'll re-evaluate your opinion on some guys in here after playing the other draft leagues for years. I've finished 2nd with Harden twice, I think, and one of them I just missed by 4 points when Kinoa had an amazing playoff run to pass me on the very last day.
Ash is a beast with Harden. I also have a couple of podium finishes with Harden, including 3rd place last year (but I’m very proud of world 5, which went 72-10 with a ring)

Interested to see how you value players throughout the draft. It’s fun to try to draft 5 teams at once. Everyone has a different strategy. Welcome to Savage.
11/12/2023 8:33 PM
There’s a lot I’ll have to figure out. Like building the teams. Do I mix them up some or load up a team with all of the best versions? How many (preferably) unplayable seasons can I bury without a cap? All part of the strategy, I’m sure.

This is a great way to use different seasons. I’ve played multiple leagues where you’re either assigned a random season or you have a lesser season while other owners use the best ones.
11/12/2023 8:44 PM
Posted by uptowngbv on 11/12/2023 8:25:00 PM (view original):
I had intended to take Harden. I like him. I’ve won with him. I also have a high tolerance for his turnovers and poor shooting games. But I looked a little closer and couldn’t find 5 seasons I thought I could win with. Same with Anthony Davis (glad he went before Malone). Since this is my first time in this format I went with 5 seasons I have confidence in.
Love seeing someone so experienced jump into to Savage. My favorite seasons are when I finish in the 20s.
11/12/2023 8:45 PM
Question on the scoresheet, which is better:
1) see all team stats, followed by all of opponent stats (example: tm ppg, tm reb, tm ast, opp ppg, opp reb, opp ast)
2) team and opp stats alternating (example: tm ppg, opp ppg, tm reb, opp reb, tm ast, opp ast)
11/12/2023 10:49 PM
Posted by uptowngbv on 11/12/2023 8:44:00 PM (view original):
There’s a lot I’ll have to figure out. Like building the teams. Do I mix them up some or load up a team with all of the best versions? How many (preferably) unplayable seasons can I bury without a cap? All part of the strategy, I’m sure.

This is a great way to use different seasons. I’ve played multiple leagues where you’re either assigned a random season or you have a lesser season while other owners use the best ones.
Those are the million dollar questions. I’ve been playing since S1 and I still am trying to figure those parts out
11/12/2023 10:52 PM
Posted by robusk on 11/12/2023 10:49:00 PM (view original):
1) see all team stats, followed by all of opponent stats (example: tm ppg, tm reb, tm ast, opp ppg, opp reb, opp ast)
2) team and opp stats alternating (example: tm ppg, opp ppg, tm reb, opp reb, tm ast, opp ast)
For me, it's 2 by far
11/12/2023 10:53 PM
Posted by raggedclaws on 11/12/2023 10:53:00 PM (view original):
For me, it's 2 by far
I agree
11/12/2023 11:15 PM

also small request (don’t know of our breaks your code, is so, okay): could you freeze the owner column and the column heads so that when you scroll you can see who is what row? There’s so many categories that you lose who is who when scrolling to the right, and on the individual teams page lose what column is what stat when scrolling down.
11/13/2023 12:15 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...38 Next ▸
Savage XIII Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.