The Albatross Draft S1 Topic

I am always in the middle in these theme league drafts.

I guess it is a good thing my big board went ten deep.
12/7/2020 6:53 PM
My quick, unscientific survey suggests to me that I don't mind picking towards the back. I think the most important thing is to avoid a real landmine. Though the worst six guys aren't getting picked at all I guess.
12/7/2020 7:22 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 12/7/2020 7:22:00 PM (view original):
My quick, unscientific survey suggests to me that I don't mind picking towards the back. I think the most important thing is to avoid a real landmine. Though the worst six guys aren't getting picked at all I guess.
I’d agree but I also think everyone might have a different definition of what “the best/the worst” means, and that will be interesting to see.
12/7/2020 7:28 PM
Speaking of, I was thinking of making this a running league with some variations between seasons. Any ideas? (Example: banning the 1st round pick of the champ, etc)
12/7/2020 7:29 PM
Posted by dBKC on 12/7/2020 7:29:00 PM (view original):
Speaking of, I was thinking of making this a running league with some variations between seasons. Any ideas? (Example: banning the 1st round pick of the champ, etc)
I think you could rotate all of the playoff picks in and out. Playoff teams 1st round pick is banned for two seasons, 2nd round pick banned for one season.

I think this would help with intentional/unintentional copy cat drafts.
12/7/2020 7:44 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 12/7/2020 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dBKC on 12/7/2020 7:29:00 PM (view original):
I think you could rotate all of the playoff picks in and out. Playoff teams 1st round pick is banned for two seasons, 2nd round pick banned for one season.

I think this would help with intentional/unintentional copy cat drafts.
I like this or a variation of it.

Should we also then come up with 12+ more albatross players to take their place next season?
12/7/2020 7:46 PM
Yeah. I think you arrived at a fair number with 60
12/7/2020 7:54 PM
Posted by dBKC on 12/7/2020 7:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tarheel1991 on 12/7/2020 7:22:00 PM (view original):
I’d agree but I also think everyone might have a different definition of what “the best/the worst” means, and that will be interesting to see.
I think there will be a variety of opinions on who the "best" picks are, but I suspect we will largely agree who are the "worst."

There are at least 3-4 guys that I would be really shocked to see drafted.
12/7/2020 8:08 PM
Just a thought, but having to pick a 3rd guy, maybe in the $3-5M range, sounds good to me. Just find 30 "meh" role-players that got a little shine IRL(Barbosa is a name that just came to mind). If we see a lot of similar teams this season, this might be a way to counter that a little in S2. We'll see during this season if this idea is good or not.
12/7/2020 8:14 PM
Posted by dBKC on 12/7/2020 6:35:00 PM (view original):
That’s fine. Everyone use this time to get your boards together please, that way we don’t have frequent delays.
Fun fact - never use a draft board in any WIS draft. Call me crazy.
12/7/2020 9:06 PM
Posted by jpevans31 on 12/7/2020 8:15:00 PM (view original):
Just a thought, but having to pick a 3rd guy, maybe in the $3-5M range, sounds good to me. Just find 30 "meh" role-players that got a little shine IRL(Barbosa is a name that just came to mind). If we see a lot of similar teams this season, this might be a way to counter that a little in S2. We'll see during this season if this idea is good or not.
I love it (if we get to many similar teams this go-round). If that’s the case then this might be good way to prevent that. I think we’ll be okay and see some unique teams, but if not then this will help.
12/7/2020 10:19 PM
I was thinking a 3rd albatross would be the way to go to insure we had different teams.

I also thought it would be fun to try a run with 4 or 5 albatrosses at some point. That may also be the pain meds talking.
12/8/2020 3:49 AM
I believe like almost all drafts the advantage is in the first 10 picks or so and being able to select one of the actually good albatrosses; It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
12/8/2020 5:27 AM
Great I pick 11th... lol

maybe I will be the “or so”
12/8/2020 6:36 AM
Sephy, get us going. I need me some albatross today.
12/8/2020 7:39 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸
The Albatross Draft S1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.