ODL 70 Commentary Topic

Curry and Barkley seems to be just plain fun to build around.

We need Robusk, when is last time Moses fell to 19
1/7/2019 10:32 PM
Posted by 24kpyrite on 1/7/2019 10:32:00 PM (view original):
Curry and Barkley seems to be just plain fun to build around.

We need Robusk, when is last time Moses fell to 19
Curry and Barkley is such a badass combo.

Last 10 drafts for Moses Malone:
4 ysw128
5 milest
8 mikee1
8 thomcat
12 vancem (via benhoidal)
12 jkaye24
10 24kpyrite
13 milest
10 dh555
1/7/2019 10:54 PM
I was gonna take Moses instead of DJ, but I feel like he's hard to build around at this cap (I mean I haven't played this cap for like 3 years, at least I remember it being hard). $10 mil+ for a guy without high usage or 90+ D, and who turns it over a ton for his usage level, is just tough to swallow, even when it comes with monster rebounding, low fouls, and great shooting.
1/7/2019 11:22 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 1/7/2019 11:24:00 PM (view original):
I was gonna take Moses instead of DJ, but I feel like he's hard to build around at this cap (I mean I haven't played this cap for like 3 years, at least I remember it being hard). $10 mil+ for a guy without high usage or 90+ D, and who turns it over a ton for his usage level, is just tough to swallow, even when it comes with monster rebounding, low fouls, and great shooting.
I like DJ but I don't know if I would have taken him quite that early. I'm targeting efficient usage with hopefully some assists or rebounds or bit of both in that spot. DJ at the turn is about where I want him but I also think there were only 4 players left on the board at that spot that were of a lot better value... so it isn't much of a reach.
1/8/2019 12:38 AM
Ouch didn't know how ugly that Hakeem pick was. Skill-set just not unique enough?
1/8/2019 10:28 AM
Posted by NotoriousJ on 1/8/2019 10:28:00 AM (view original):
Ouch didn't know how ugly that Hakeem pick was. Skill-set just not unique enough?
His best seasons tend to involve some combinations of low shooting percentages or high turnovers or low rebounding for the position or high fouls. Usually at least two of those and sometimes more.
1/8/2019 10:50 AM
plus some of those seasons are a little pricey
1/8/2019 11:15 AM
yes the salary cap is the one thing I have no idea about
1/8/2019 11:18 AM
that is the beauty of this theme
1/8/2019 11:23 AM
I'm tired of winning between 39 and 45 games. I've tried "theme" type teams before like high assist, high D or super efficient. Always get the same result. So I'm trying something i'm not sure I've seen done (at least recently or I just didn't notice it). Probably will blow up in my face.
1/8/2019 11:45 AM
Posted by jcred5 on 1/8/2019 11:45:00 AM (view original):
I'm tired of winning between 39 and 45 games. I've tried "theme" type teams before like high assist, high D or super efficient. Always get the same result. So I'm trying something i'm not sure I've seen done (at least recently or I just didn't notice it). Probably will blow up in my face.
Personally, I don't usually try and go with a theme in a big boy league like this. It could work. Ben did okay with an assist team not that far back. DH sometimes does well with the all D/low TO set up. I think the best thing is usually just flexibility, defined scoring and balance (using pretty generic terms here). You gotta let the draft come to you.
1/8/2019 11:54 AM
Speaking of which: I made a list of 5 guys from which I needed to get in the second to make trading down feel okay. That list is now at three with a lot of picks to go. Not a great start. Combined with the fact that ben managed to both move UP in the first and still get TWO fifth round picks instead on one of his sixes. I got my work cut out for me this season.
1/8/2019 11:55 AM
Posted by robusk on 1/8/2019 12:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tarheel1991 on 1/7/2019 11:24:00 PM (view original):
I like DJ but I don't know if I would have taken him quite that early. I'm targeting efficient usage with hopefully some assists or rebounds or bit of both in that spot. DJ at the turn is about where I want him but I also think there were only 4 players left on the board at that spot that were of a lot better value... so it isn't much of a reach.
Oh yeah DJ was unquestionably a reach; you can tell I'm more used to playing the $52 mil cap lately. DJ is probably a luxury I can't afford at this cap, with a large salary for under 3000 minutes and very low usage. But I do think he provides pretty good flexibility to build around from a conceptual standpoint, it just comes down to making the dollars work.
1/8/2019 12:04 PM
so nice he had to say it twice
1/8/2019 12:23 PM
yeah, yeah
1/8/2019 2:02 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸
ODL 70 Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.