$52 Million LV Draft Commentary Topic

Getting anxious, its getting closer to my next pick and neither one of my next two planned picks have gone yet........ though I am probably jinxing myself with this post haha
8/16/2016 4:03 PM
I usually always pick in the top ten of the lottery lol. Therefore, I NEVER get a shot at Big Shot Billups. He is the one guy I would love to try but never get the chance. Just to start a discussion, is there any particular player you have never used for some reason or maybe passed on and wish you didn't.

On the flipside, is there any player you have taken once or more than once and vowed to NEVER AGAIN take him?

I understand some can't be mentioned because they haven't been drafted yet, so I understand if you have to wait before answering.
8/17/2016 4:02 AM
I'd like to try Larry Bird in this league someday. Never had a shot at Wilt or Lebron, and wouldn't mind it but would rather not lose enough to earn it.

I've tried building around Duncan twice with limited success. I doubt I'll try again anytime soon.
8/17/2016 11:25 AM
i want to use my all time favorite player, Steve Nash, but i never have. i've never used LeBron or Wilt or Kevin Durant. working on it.
8/17/2016 12:14 PM
I've never used McHale. He is going to see some time at SF (97%)
8/17/2016 2:14 PM
McHale could surprise you some. He is a stud.
8/17/2016 2:53 PM
I feel I am going to regret taking Harden But I want my scoring to come from my guards, especially at the point, it has worked well for me in the past. I put MJ starting at the point with harden backing him up taking the rest of the PG minutes while also having harden start at the 2. Will it work? IDK. What I do know is that with harden and Jordan I am going to be taking more Free throws than most of you ;)
8/17/2016 3:53 PM
counting on WIS to generate anywhere near real life FTApm is a boondoggle
8/17/2016 4:00 PM
This is my 3rd time drafting Billups. One of my favorites. This team isn't what I was hoping for when I traded up with DH though. I feel like when you trade up that it's important to make the pick count with higher salaried guys that have multiple skills.
First, Green and Pippin were taken right before my Billups pick and I was really hoping I'd get one of those two. Then the top three guys left I was hoping for (Hakeem, O-Rob, Dr J) were gone before my acquired pick. I mean Mourning is great and all but is pretty similar to what I had in Duncan.
8/17/2016 4:09 PM
Once the other guy gets drafted, I'll get your takes on whether I made the right call.
8/17/2016 4:25 PM
This is my first time with Shaq. I think I went outside the box a little with my second pick (#49), taking Marcus Camby. My thoughts being that some Shaq teams tend to struggle on the boards a bit. Adding Camby to the front court will take care of that issue. My third pick is the one that I'm having a hard time with... Do I take one of the better available SF's, or do I gather Shaq another legit scoring threat... I'm going back and forth...
8/17/2016 4:30 PM
Posted by cjok1051 on 8/17/2016 4:30:00 PM (view original):
This is my first time with Shaq. I think I went outside the box a little with my second pick (#49), taking Marcus Camby. My thoughts being that some Shaq teams tend to struggle on the boards a bit. Adding Camby to the front court will take care of that issue. My third pick is the one that I'm having a hard time with... Do I take one of the better available SF's, or do I gather Shaq another legit scoring threat... I'm going back and forth...
Makes sense. Camby is just about perfect with Shaq - he boards, defends, blocks, and even passes a bit. Not very efficient offensively, but hopefully he's the last option on offense anyway.
8/17/2016 9:07 PM
Three players I've never used before - Robinson, Brand and Payton. My usage is already taken care of, and it's a decent start on nearly everything else. I need boards and threes. And mojo.
8/17/2016 9:08 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 8/17/2016 9:08:00 PM (view original):
Three players I've never used before - Robinson, Brand and Payton. My usage is already taken care of, and it's a decent start on nearly everything else. I need boards and threes. And mojo.
thats a monster team defensively right now....you know which payton youre using yet?
8/17/2016 9:42 PM
Posted by jt7king on 8/17/2016 4:09:00 PM (view original):
This is my 3rd time drafting Billups. One of my favorites. This team isn't what I was hoping for when I traded up with DH though. I feel like when you trade up that it's important to make the pick count with higher salaried guys that have multiple skills.
First, Green and Pippin were taken right before my Billups pick and I was really hoping I'd get one of those two. Then the top three guys left I was hoping for (Hakeem, O-Rob, Dr J) were gone before my acquired pick. I mean Mourning is great and all but is pretty similar to what I had in Duncan.
billups is awesome...id claim him as one of my guys if ltb didnt already beat me to it...hes guaranteed to go waaay over his rl assist total and always gets his 3s and a good chunk of his ftas

pay no attention to how poorly hes doing against you and the rest of the odl tho...i dunno what the hell is going on there
8/17/2016 9:46 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...19 Next ▸
$52 Million LV Draft Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.