WIS made me change my password (?) Topic

Has anyone else found at some point that to log in they had to change the password for this site? I had had the same one for 3-4 years here. I held off doing it in case it was some kind of hacking. But I could not get in here without a new password. 

I am not the only one that has had to change it at WIS' insistence, right? 

7/6/2015 4:01 PM
Nope, you're not alone.  First time I've had to change mine.  Perhaps this is the big update they've been promising ...
7/6/2015 4:33 PM
They made me change mine today also. I've had the same one since 07.
7/6/2015 4:33 PM
I had to change mine today also.
7/6/2015 4:41 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
R O S E
7/6/2015 5:13 PM
wait, you've got aliasesesesesess?   Isn't that the thing Wilford Brimley talks about in those commercials?
7/6/2015 5:46 PM
Yep. Password is now hunter2.
7/6/2015 6:14 PM
I am Keyser Söze.
7/6/2015 6:21 PM
This means they updated their database in some way which COULD mean they're actually working on something and an implementation is on the way. COULD...
7/6/2015 6:52 PM
7/6/2015 7:54 PM
able to get in with the old pw today.
7/7/2015 1:17 AM
received the following message today and had to change my password of 12+ years. I believe we'll all be receiving this notification.

redwingscup,

We recently strengthened our password requirements for signing into the site. You will be required to change your password the next time you sign in.

New passwords must be 8 characters or longer and must include at least 1 character from three of the following four character sets: lowercase letter, uppercase letter, number, character symbol.

On Monday, July 13th, all users that have not strengthened their password will be automatically signed out of the site. In advance of this date, we strongly urge you to verify the email address associated with this account is current. Doing so will ensure any future password retrievals work smoothly.

Thank you,

WhatIfSports.com

7/7/2015 1:17 PM (edited)
got the same thing
7/7/2015 1:10 PM
plus UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE COMING IN THE WEEKS AHEAD!  Unless of course they have a time machine and give us update announcements in the weeks past. And to be fair, 600 weeks from now is in the weeks ahead.
7/7/2015 4:18 PM
12 Next ▸
WIS made me change my password (?) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.