doing this to liven the sight, best player u have seen at all positions??LIVE,u haven't seen wagner, cobb or the babe

7/5/2015 4:25 PM
c- bench
1b -frank Thomas, hit balls looked like singles, landed in the seats
2b-,pedroia,,,
3b--Schmidt boggs, tie
ss- ???I say nomar, probly ozzie
of-bugs bunny,,,bonds, Henderson,maybe ichiro,,, like to say yaz, id be wrong
7/5/2015 4:35 PM
course, pedro,saw him whiff a dozen or so, cpl times, act like nothing happened
7/5/2015 4:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
C - Bench    
1B - McGwire
2B - Morgan (WIS curse be damned)
3B - Schmidt
SS - Ozzie
OF - Mantle
OF - Lynn
OF - Reggie

SP - Ryan
CP - Gossage

Many of these choices are influenced by time/place, especially the Angels and Yankees involved.  I've been to so many games over the years that I've seen most of the players from the mid-60s on, so I went with people that either were outstanding on their own (like Morgan) or who I saw do wonderful things time after time (Lynn, Ryan, Reggie ...).
7/5/2015 5:30 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

C - Ted Simmons (a great hitter, could hit from both sides of the plate, and had the long hair that my Old Man never let me have)
1B - McGwire (PED's be damned, his batting practices before games were legendary)
2B - Tommy Herr (he and Ozzie made quite the double-play combo)
3B - George Brett (great hitter and always seemed like such a down-to-earth kind of guy)
SS - Ozzie (his highlight reel is like no other)
LF - Albert Pujols (I know he's a 1B/DH now but he was in LF before that)
CF - Willie McGee (because he was such a cool guy)
RF - Clemente (favorite player of all-time)

SP - Clemens (couldn't stand him but I have to give credit)
CP - Sutter (when he first introduced that split-finger pitch, he was as unhittable as they come)

7/5/2015 5:58 PM
SP- Bob Gibson
RP- Ardolis Chapman
C- Johnny Bench
1B- Eddie Murray
2B- Joe Morgan
SS- Ozzie Smith
3B- Brooks Robinson
LF- Ricky Henderson
CF- Willie Mays
RF- Roberto Clemente
DH- Edgar Martinez
7/5/2015 8:49 PM
C- Ivan Rodriguez (wish I saw Bench during the first half of his career)
1B-Albert Pujols (lots of choices, tough to choose)
2B-Roberto Alomar
SS-Barry Larkin (O.Smith also great...never saw Yount or Trammell live)
3B-Mike Schmidt
LF-Barry Bonds
CF-Ken Griffey Jr.
RF-Vladimir Guerrero (batting practice always a treat, bonus points)

SP-Randy Johnson (even more intimidating live)
SP-Dwight Gooden (at least for a few seasons...wow)
7/6/2015 8:17 PM (edited)
C-  Pudge Rodriguez
1b- Pujols, like house of bayne said, lots of choices. Will Clark always played well when I'd see him live)
2b- Lou Whitaker, he's not in the HOF because, why?
SS- Robin Yount
3B- Brooks Robinson, with apologies to Mike Schmidt
LF- Barry Bonds was there when he hit his tainted # 73
CF- Fred Lynn (for a few years in the mid to late 70s, he was as good as anybody I ever saw)
RF- Al Kaline
DH- Carl Yastrzemski, 'cuz I saw him live and he was a great one, has to be on the team somewhere. 

SP- Catfish Hunter 
SP- Steve Carlton
SP- Randy Johnson
SP- Tim Lincecum, made it a point to run up for his starts in SF during his two year hey-day.  Wicked good for a short time

7/6/2015 2:12 AM
pudge was so good,, if I never saw johnny bench,,, bonus points , for freddy lynn, brett, puckett,yount,trammell,ok, but grew up in the nomar, jeter arod, era,,,wish I was old enough to see al kaline, clemente, willie and hank,,,
7/6/2015 3:20 AM
and lou whitaker should have a bust
7/6/2015 3:21 AM
Posted by cleansox on 7/6/2015 3:21:00 AM (view original):
and lou whitaker should have a bust
Whitaker-Trammel is the best DP combo I've ever seen.  Growing up in LA, I had Russell-Lopes ... blech.  I remember watching Opening Day one year in a buddy's dorm room, big Dodger fan.  First batter (SF), grounder to Russell at SS, and I call it: "Put him on second - Russell will airmail the throw" and sure enough he did.  Fugly DP combo, don't know how they lasted as long as they did.
7/6/2015 9:29 AM
you'd figure with the name bill Russell, be good at something, sure couldn't hit,davey lopes, tho, was one fast sunuvagun,run like the wind
7/6/2015 10:28 AM
other dp combos of note, vizquel and Robbie Alomar,(they could hit) ,tommy herr and ozzie, but the tigers had the best for a long time, kudos to frank white and anyone,,,
7/6/2015 10:40 AM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.