yatzr recruit tool 2.4 - Connection error fix Topic

8/1/2015 edit - WIS updated their site to force https (which I fully support, better security is great), but it broke the tool because the tool was using http for everything. I updated the tool to use https. Grab version 2.4 at the gdreports page linked below.

If you've used the recruit tool in the last few weeks, you may have noticed some seemingly incomplete data, or even inconsistent behavior from one recruit update to the next. This was due to an issue where some of the threads failed to login correctly, and then they'd essentially do no work. I never figured out what the cause of this was. I'm assuming something changed with WIS since it just started happening recently. I've updated the tool to handle this situation better, so definitely update to version 2.2.

As always, if you come across anything that doesn't seem quite right, please let me know.

http://gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/recruit.htm
8/1/2015 10:36 PM (edited)
Thanks yatzr

WIS should be slipping you some cash for the work you do for their game.
6/24/2015 4:31 AM
It was their change in log in procedure that started all of this a month or so ago. They've now changed it again I believe as I don't have to log in every 30 minutes now. This has probably had the knock on effect with the recruiting tool?
6/24/2015 7:24 AM
Snagged up again. Trying to AC call 50 recruits ...won't go past 20 and it stops. Tried it 3x. 20 recruits now have 3 calls each. The rest nadda
6/28/2015 4:16 PM
I am having issues as well.  Can't send full amount of AC scouts.  Tried to update/download recruits again and it got hung on 6550 of 6965 recruits.   Since the tool would not allow me to send scouts, I tried to manually search for some of my flagged prospects on the WIS recruit page.  Apparently they do not exist.  I can't find any trace of them in WIS database
6/28/2015 8:12 PM
I am running version 2.2
6/28/2015 8:15 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 6/28/2015 4:16:00 PM (view original):
Snagged up again. Trying to AC call 50 recruits ...won't go past 20 and it stops. Tried it 3x. 20 recruits now have 3 calls each. The rest nadda
When you say it stops, does it actually say "complete" or "errored out"? Or does it just hang in the middle of progress? If you have a log.txt file, email that to me and I can see if there's anything in there.
6/28/2015 9:17 PM
Mine stops at 20 AC calls. (of 60 or so) No message
6/28/2015 10:49 PM
I'm still having similar problems to phimutau in that the tool picks up players are nowhere on the actual WIS search so presumably out of vision. This is using 2.2 and 1-16 threads makes no difference. BUT, it doesn't happen every time so effectively it does work but having to double check before sending AC scout to players I can never sign
6/29/2015 6:30 AM
Posted by polarsi on 6/29/2015 6:30:00 AM (view original):
I'm still having similar problems to phimutau in that the tool picks up players are nowhere on the actual WIS search so presumably out of vision. This is using 2.2 and 1-16 threads makes no difference. BUT, it doesn't happen every time so effectively it does work but having to double check before sending AC scout to players I can never sign
So you're saying guys show up with a black name, but they're not actually in your vision? If it ever screws up, it should be the other way around where there's a guy with a red name that is actually in your vision.
6/29/2015 9:41 AM
I closed the tool and exited out of it, then hit new and just redownloaded my current team and year, then I updated the recruits.  After I did that it started working fine again.  I did end up finding the missing  D2 QB that I was trying to recruit, he ended up being in a different world, LOL.  In Warner he was showing up in the recruiting tool, but not WIS.  Today I found him in Wilkinson on my summary page for my Texas State team.  I guess it was just a weird glitch yesterday. 
6/29/2015 10:52 AM
Still a problem. I think what stops the mass recruiting is when it gets snagged on a recruit you are not supposed to see. He shows up in your vision but when you check WIS recruit page he isn't there

Edit: Works both ways. Will also show a player on the WIS page that doesn't show on the recruiting tool ..and vice versa

6/29/2015 9:09 PM (edited)
Posted by realist9900 on 6/29/2015 8:47:00 PM (view original):
Still a problem. I think what stops the mass recruiting is when it gets snagged on a recruit you are not supposed to see. He shows up in your vision but when you check WIS recruit page he isn't there
That sounds very plausible. Everybody that's had the problem has teams in multiple worlds. phimutau mentioned finding a recruit in the tool that belonged to a different world. My guess right now is that WIS (yet again) changed something with logins or changing which team you're on and that my process for telling the tool which team you want is failing. Each thread could be landing on a different team...you might be getting recruits from every world you're in.
6/29/2015 9:09 PM
Ugh, I think this one was all my fault. In the last version, I set it up to handle the failed logins that some threads were seeing. When it was handling that, it never redirected the thread to the correct team. If you had multiple teams, there was a chance the thread would be logged into the wrong team and pull in recruits for the other team.

I believe I fixed that particular issue in this version, and I really apologize for the error. I hope it didn't completely fudge up anybody's recruiting classes.
http://gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/yatzr_recruit_tool_2.3.jar

If anyone tries it out, please let me know if it does or doesn't fix the issue.
6/29/2015 9:31 PM
Same problem the first time I tried but I went back, deleted the entire season 99 and started again. Looks like it might have worked. Will check further as i try and catchup before signings tomorrow.
6/29/2015 9:51 PM
1234 Next ▸
yatzr recruit tool 2.4 - Connection error fix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.