DH52 Draft League L- Rosters and Your Commentary Topic

1. scudmissle - Wilt Chamberlain, Willis Reed, Walt Frazier, Sidney Moncreif, Paul Pierce, Edgar Jones, Rodrigue Beaubois
2. copernicus - LeBron James, Marcus Camby, Buck Williams, Ray Allen, Bo Outlaw, Emeka Okafor, Paul Westphal
3. thomcat - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Deron Williams, Bobby Jones, Eddie Jones, Spencer Haywood, Chris Andersen, Johnny Moore
4. longtallbrad - Michael Jordan, Dikembe Mutombo, Shawn Kemp, Mark Price, Draymond Green, Eric Bledeoe, Nene Hilario
5. vancem - Moses Malone, Gary Payton, Patrick Ewing, Nick Anderson, Clarence Weatherspoon, George Hill, John Henson
6. dh555 - Shaquille O'Neal, Kevin McHale, Jerry Lucas, Derek Harper, Jamaal Tinsley, Nicolas Batun, Antonio McDyess
7. hoopsdude - Dwight Howard- Mookie Blaylock, Bob Lanier, Clyde Drexler, Cedric Maxwell, Brendan Wright, Nikola Vucevic 
8. sixernuggets - David Robinson, Tyson Chandler, Steve Nash, A.C. Green, Vince Carter, Jon Barry, Kermit Washington
9. jt7king - Karl Malone, Joakim Noah, Andrei Kirilenko, Brent Barry, John Wall, Russell Westbrook, Toni Kukoc
10. ysw128 - Stephen Curry, Oscar Robertson, Tom Boerwinkle, Mel Daniels, Paul Pressey, Roy Tarpley, Thebo Sefolosha
11. pennsylvania - Larry Bird, Bill Walton, Maurice Cheeks, Andre Iguodala, Sam Bowie, Elvin Hayes, David Thompson
12. uptowngbv - Dwyane Wade, Elton Brand, Horace Grant, Tracy McGrady, Nate McMillan, Red Robbins, Dan Gadzuric
13. slymonium - Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, Chris Webber, Charlie Ward, Tree Rollins, Clifford Ray, Jeff Teague
14. jkaye24 - Ben Wallace, Donyell Marshall, Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Jose Calderon, Ryan Anderson, Dominique Wilkins
15. 98average - Dennis Rodman, Alonzo Mourning, Robert Parish, Terrell Brandon, Hassan Whiteside, Rodney McCray, Larry Sanders! 
16. milest - Chris Paul, Bob McAdoo, Anthony Mason, Dan Roundfield, Grant Hill, Mark Jackson, Anderson Varejao 
17. jcred5 - John Stockton, Manu Ginobli, Amare Stoudamire, Andre Drummond, Paul Millsap, Goran Dragic, Cedric Ceballos
18. jhsukow - Tim Duncan, Chauncey Billups,Terry Porter, Gerald Wallace, Andrew Bogut, Danny Granger, Blake Griffin
19. mikee1- Charles Barkley, Anfernee Hardaway, Rudy Gobert, Kevin Love Arvydas Sabonis, Dirk Npwitztke, Bobby Phills
20. eleibowitz - Jason Kidd, DeAndre Jordan, James Harden, Marcus Johnson, Andrew Bynum, Al Horford, Carmelo Anthony
21. banditone - Artis Gilmore, Scottie Pippen, Larry Nance, Jerry West, Wesley Person, JR Smith, Chris Gatling
22. amerk1180 - Magic Johnson, Bill Russell, Klay Thompson, Walt Bellamy, Alvin Robertson, Kosta Koufos, Chris Mullin
23. cjok1051- Hakeem Olajuwon, Julius Erving, Rajon Rondo, Danny Green, Jason Terry, Kris Humphries, Kenneth Faried
24. iccoachb - Kevin Garnett, Shawn Marion, Serge Ibaka, Kawhi Leonard, Mark Eaton, Joe Dumars, Doug Christie
7/3/2015 7:34 AM (edited)
The first 9 picks make sense to me.  The first four are just about locks in that order.  I would have preferred Moses and should have taken him, but I let tradition and common wisdom guide my hand.  Just last season I bombed out with Shaq, and I didn't want to retreat to the comforting arms of Dwight just yet.  I want to prove to myself I can construct a contender around another player. 

Curry went a bit higher than I expected.  Time will establish the range in which he ultimately settles, but his D rating for his most recent season makes him a bona fide sim stud now.  

My gut says that Rodman shouldn't drop below about 12 in this league.

I'm not convinced Big Ben belongs in the first round (having taken him there myself in the past).  His stats are pretty, but I haven't seen him materialize as the kind of player you can build around to great success.  At any rate, I don't think he should go above the 20th spot.   

6/24/2015 3:34 PM
I've always felt that way about Ben too LTB.  Gives you nothing offensively, doesn't rebound as well as Rodman.  Only thing he gives you over Rodman is Blocks.  Rodman probably shouldn't be a top ten pick either for the same reason as Ben, but his ability to board like none other puts him in that 10-15 range.

As for me, figured taking Magic was the best coarse of action, then just hope one of three bigs I like are still left for me four picks later.
6/24/2015 4:58 PM
Probably would not happen to  top tier owner, but took Ben a couple of seasons ago and felt like I was digging out of an offensive hole for most of the rest of the draft. In the end lost the rebound advantage anyway. 
6/24/2015 5:13 PM
I took Big Ben several seasons ago, and ended up feeling like there were too many games in which he just didn't show up at all in the box score.  He seemed to underperform as a rebounder.  Again, on paper, he gives you a lot and plays a clean game as great defenders go.  I just think he's best as a second rounder at this point.  I'd put him in the top two in the sim for bigs that give you basically no offense. 

Rodman's big edge, pure and simple, is that he can play SF without penalty.  That means the two reasons to take him are: 1) you're investing in a squad that will dominate the boards, or 2) you're aiming to take a big who is a subpar rebounder for this league but does other things really well (like score, a lot and efficiently).  The flexibility he provides is why I think he's still a top 10 player and shouldn't fall outside the top 12.  I remember when he used to be a top 3 pick, back when we were adjusting to a sim overhaul.

I'm still trying to make up my mind about Hakeem.  I drafted him a few seasons back and bombed out for some clear reasons.  I think I surrounded him with guys that made for a fearsome defensive squad, but they fouled like they each had eight arms and they shot woefully.  Olajuwon gives you so much it's tempting to try to build around him.  No question that a better job of that can be done than I did.  I think at this point he's a legit low first round / high second round pick.

6/24/2015 7:52 PM
yea id rather go hakeem over gilmore at this point...not really sure why gilmore>hakeem was such a lock in the first place....i guess because everyone used to obsess over efg and creb...imo hakeem is easier to build around in this league

gilmore is still great...but like ben/rodman, youre still searching for that scorer

6/24/2015 9:36 PM
ben over rodman makes no sense

i kinda think jkaye thought he was drafted already and forgot about him

6/24/2015 9:38 PM
so my top 10 would be this...

wilt
lebron
kareem
jordan
moses
howard
shaq
malone
rodman
drob

5-10 constantly changes

im guessing a lot of you would have a similar top 10...so who do you think is #11 now or do you think someone else deserves to be in the top 10?

curry might be that #11 right now...tho id still take cp3 over him

6/24/2015 9:48 PM
I like two of Paul's seasons over Curry personally. Just wish Curry could give more minutes. But I don't think its a reach at all with all that he gives you. Both of them along with Durant and a couple of others are in my second tier of superstars to build around.
6/24/2015 10:04 PM
Just grades to start out with...
6/25/2015 1:47 AM (edited)
16. milest - Chris Paul, Bob McAdoo

Grade B-

15. 98average - Dennis Rodman, Alonzo Mourning

Grade A (Of course)

14. jkaye24 - Ben Wallace, Donyell Marshall

Grade A-

13. slymonium - Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis

Grade B-

12. uptowngbv - Dwyane Wade, Elton Brand

Grade B-

11. pennsylvania - Larry Bird, Bill Walton

Grade C+

10. ysw128 - Stephen Curry, Oscar Robertson

Grade C

9. jt7king - Karl Malone, Joakim Noah

Grade C-
6/26/2015 5:42 AM (edited)
24. iccoachb - Kevin Garnett, Shawn Marion

Grade D+

23. cjok1051- Hakeem Olajuwon, Julius Erving

Grade B-

22. amerk1180 - Magic Johnson, Bill Russell

Grade D-

21. banditone - Artis Gilmore, Scottie Pippen

Grade C-

20. eleibowitz - Jason Kidd, DeAndre Jordan

Grade A-

19. mikee1- Charles Barkley, Anfernee Hardawy

Grade C+

18. jhsukow - Tim Duncan, Chauncey Billups

Grade B

17. jcred5 - John StocktonManu Ginobli

Grade B+
6/26/2015 4:59 AM (edited)
Wow dude. D-?  Really?  Russell is usually a late 1st rounder and Johnson is usually 3-5 picks earlier than I got him.  In terms of value, I thought I did pretty well.  I can find a scorer later.

A LOT of knowledgeable people would make a solid argument that Magic and Russell are two of the top five to ever play the game...at least two of the top ten, yet somehow together--they are a D-minus???  
6/28/2015 6:18 PM (edited)
I'm sure the grades are based on quality of team, not on terms of value where you picked a guy up relative to previous drafts.
6/25/2015 9:01 AM
Posted by dh555 on 6/24/2015 9:38:00 PM (view original):
ben over rodman makes no sense

i kinda think jkaye thought he was drafted already and forgot about him

accurate.

I will say, the only thing you lose with Rodman is the stretch 3 in the SIM. I got that with Marshall so at least I can gain an advantage that way.

I will also say, I don't see any Rodman championships in the past 25 DH seasons so the advantage can't be that special...
6/25/2015 8:16 PM
123456 Next ▸
DH52 Draft League L- Rosters and Your Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.