May 26th Update - Feedback Topic

...and you will have to guess or try to figure out where the other 31 owners are putting their scouting money. Interesting.
5/27/2015 7:46 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 5/27/2015 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Seeing our first IFAs in Ford today. A little bit unsettling that I can't see current ratings for the players, and I only have 8 mil in the Intl scout budget. I can see that this will create a lot of 20s and 0s in the Intl, Coll, and HS scout budgets. Either you completely trust your scouts or you forget them.
I think everyone will find a comfort level somewhere between 0 and 20.    As I said in the other thread, the people howling the most didn't have 20m in college/HS.   I was comfortable between 10-14 with currents.    I imagine that my comfort level will be adjusted. 
5/27/2015 7:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/27/2015 7:44:00 PM (view original):
OK, I'll use small words so everyone can understand.

WifS wants people to play HBD.  It's kinda how they get our money.   
WifS would like said people to believe they can win.   In short order.   People who think they can win are more likely to hand them some money.
Therefore, the best way to create that feeling is to have said people believe it's an even playing field so they can win in short order.

Giving one team more or one team less resources does not create that playing field.

Now, please, stop.    Different budgets based on success/failure is the worst idea ever.    Please, patrickm885, come in and say "That, in fact, will never happen."
I'm just going to drop one observation on the whole "dynamic budgets" thing.

I was intimidated enough by the complexity of HBD before I started playing it.  I only started playing because I felt I wanted a more complex game than the other WiS offerings I'd played before.

Had I been told that, if I screwed anything up, I'd be penalized... beyond simply losing games and learning from it... I'd never have started playing.

That's not how you bring in new customers.
5/27/2015 8:09 PM
I see Mikey has turned yet another thread into a ******* match.
5/27/2015 8:17 PM
As soon as you create a situation where team A has more money to spend than team B you create a situation where no one wants team B. In order for the game to be a fair competition everyone has to start from the same place.
5/27/2015 10:03 PM
Everyone doesn't start from the same place.    But having the same budget creates the illusion that they do.    And that's exactly what is needed.  No one, no one at all would take a team if they were told "Hey, the team that won the WS last year has 195m and you, as a new owner, get to start with 185m.   Go get 'em, Tiger!!!"
5/27/2015 10:05 PM
My first franchise was Tampa Bay because I figured, as a city in Florida, I'd have access to prospects that could play ball year-round, instead of picking Minnesota where baseball lasts for like 6 months.

Boy was I wrong.
5/27/2015 10:22 PM
Heh. Funny story.
5/27/2015 10:54 PM
I guess the point of me sharing that is that I invested not a ton of time into researching the game before jumping in full bore. I would guess it's an anomaly but it does prove that people can join HBD because of sheer intrigue and not need to figure out the difference between a dynamic and static budget, etc.
5/27/2015 11:31 PM
If anyone's interested, I just got my first DitR:

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6622957

Seems like a pretty big jump, but unfortunately he doesn't look like a future ML player.
5/28/2015 8:56 AM
Hard to know with my 0 ADV but this guy Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Cam Tosoni got double digit bumps in contact and VL.   If the 17-40 jumps in con/pow/splits/eye are possible, my 16th rounder just became a damn good hitter.    Guess we have to see how development goes. 
5/28/2015 9:04 AM
Posted by arcticlegend on 5/28/2015 8:56:00 AM (view original):
If anyone's interested, I just got my first DitR:

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6622957

Seems like a pretty big jump, but unfortunately he doesn't look like a future ML player.
What is interesting (at least to me) is that he jumped 2 points in range. I don't think I can recall range increasing at all in season.
5/28/2015 9:13 AM
My guy got 9 range and I'm pretty sure I've seen physical qualities increase with DITR before.
5/28/2015 9:18 AM
i'm not gonna read back, but to go along with the 'fuzzy' projected ratings for intls, are the starting bids also fuzzy? or can we still tell who's good and who isn't by how much they ask for up front?
5/28/2015 9:29 AM
http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=7244627

Now THAT is definitely a first for me.
5/28/2015 9:34 AM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...26 Next ▸
May 26th Update - Feedback Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.