10 HRs in 12 games & argues over a called strike? Topic

I'm just sayin'...

And even after getting ejected his comment is that the ump went too far (even though ejection for arguing balls and strikes is pretty much automatic and has been for decades) and  then saying "thousands of people didn't come out to see him ump tonight" - delegitimizing ALL umpiring authority in any situation. 

Just what baseball needed, another jerk superstar. 

Where have you gone Willie Mays ?
5/22/2015 6:00 AM
and here he is after making the final out in the 2012 NLDS...
5/22/2015 2:24 PM
Posted by italyprof on 5/22/2015 6:00:00 AM (view original):
I'm just sayin'...

And even after getting ejected his comment is that the ump went too far (even though ejection for arguing balls and strikes is pretty much automatic and has been for decades) and  then saying "thousands of people didn't come out to see him ump tonight" - delegitimizing ALL umpiring authority in any situation. 

Just what baseball needed, another jerk superstar. 

Where have you gone Willie Mays ?
Where have you gone, Willie Mays?  He's patrolling the outfield in Anaheim.  Mike Trout.
5/22/2015 3:19 PM
Some writers and radio heads in NY sided with Harper.  Apparetnly there was also a call in the 8th involving A-Rod.  If the ump was mad at what was said from the bench he should ejected the guy from the bench.

Haven't rated Harper on the jerk meter yet, he got a lot of heat for the "where's my ring' comment when he met Max, but what was he supposed to say "welcome to the under achievers club".  ??
5/25/2015 3:31 PM
I'm not ready to give Harper jerk status either. He's a young guy with a ton of talent. He may already be the best player in the game. His ceiling is much higher than Trout's. I expect Trout will continue to put up his consistent numbers until he hits his early 30s then we may see a decline. Harper has the potential to hit 50 HRs in an era of pitching. I actually kind of like the kid. He is absolutely huge for that age...obviously spends a ton of time hitting the weights so he should get even bigger as he gets older...which means more power.
5/30/2015 8:43 AM
10 HRs in 12 games & argues over a called strike? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.