Knight Season 83 Mega Thread Topic

Thanks to microsoft paint and my top notch talent here is your season 83 national tournament bracket: HERE

picked the lower seed 6 times in the first round

3 times in the 2nd

twice in the S16

and then the rest are either equals or higher seed picks

if you don't want to see my beautiful masterpiece I have Drew-CMHMS and Colorado-DeSales as the final 4 with DeSales beating Colorado

I was thinking of going with Colorado over DeSales enroute to a NC, but DeSales has a perimeter game and a rebounding advantage compared to the ath/spd that Colorado has, the rebounding difference is the largest margin between the two and should be enough to win.  I think fouls go either way, but regardless I think the rebounding game is the deciding factor.
5/28/2015 11:10 PM (edited)
Well done again, Only. I hope you're right about Franklin making the S16 but I'm not sure they can. I have a whopping 2 upperclassmen and although they may have SR ratings I switched def's last season so it's like I have a bunch of fresh & soph iq's. GL everybody and may the best man win!
5/28/2015 11:39 PM
Yay he got my Wartburg crew winning a game lol. We have a believer. I'm just glad to make it here and experience how it feels to be in an NT. Its gonna be a work in progress the next couple of seasons lol.
5/29/2015 2:27 AM
Good predictions. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out
5/29/2015 2:02 PM
In come the upsets!!!!!

DeSales in a 8 point loss

Colorado in a DOUBLE OT game where NYU's stud PG pretty much won the game himself hitting the game tying 3 with 6 seconds in regulation then one ups himself and hits the game tying 3 with 4 seconds left in the first overtime, and then sealing the game with 2 free throws with 4 seconds left to put NYU up 4.

Drew on a last second shot to Louisiana

As well as Carnegie Mellon, all fall!

Big time upsets

5/30/2015 2:42 AM
There are no #1 seeds left going into the Elite 8. The bracket is officially busted. 
5/30/2015 1:39 PM
All #1 seeds have fallen by the Sweet 16. Two 3, 4, and 5 seeds remain plus, one 2 seed and one 7 seed going into the Elite 8. 
5/30/2015 1:42 PM
wow I don't think many exected this final four group, except maybe Greensboro but not till next year.

Louisiana verse Manchester and Montclair St. verse Greensboro

Its a hard pick between Louisiana and Manchester, as Manchester runs the zone which helps offset the advantages uptempo fastbreak usually gets.

Im inclined to say Greensboro wins by about 10 over Montclair.
5/30/2015 2:16 PM
Well who had Louisiana and Montclair State?  Both were considered good teams, but I obviously overlooked them.  Amazing seasons so far by both coaches!
5/31/2015 10:56 AM
When I started gameplanning against Louisiana I was worried that this was a team that could beat be me.  Turns out it was a team that could beat lots of other schools too.
5/31/2015 11:18 AM (edited)
Congrats to the teams that made the finals. I am still stunned that I got past DeSales in the S16 so getting to the F4 was all gravy. In the end I lost to the better team in Montclair St. Both teams in the finals are deserving of a title.

Thanks for keeping this thread going the0nlyis. Best part of being in Knight!
5/31/2015 12:26 PM
Congrats to recspecs for a his first title with a 35-0 undefeated NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in his first season in Knight and 5th overall!
6/1/2015 12:59 PM
◂ Prev 12
Knight Season 83 Mega Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.