Knight Season 83 Mega Thread Topic

Okay so I just hit backspace and deleted everything I wrote I was on my final team write-up so heres a quick redo since I'm not spending another 30 minutes rewriting everything, and yes I'm still in D3 as I just took over McMurry in the ASC on my other ID, however won't do much there as its a total rebuild.  Anyways:

Final Four teams:

DeSales WIS #1
82 shine06 21-9 5-4 14-3 2-2 10-6   56 61 B NT At-large Bid
NT (1st Round)

+Elite frontcourt, should be one of the best rebounding teams as well as one of the best LP scoring teams.  Guard play isn't too shabby either.
-Relatively weak looking schedule for such a strong team could hurt come seeding time.

Record 24-2 (14-2)

Menlo WIS #2
82 anavrin 32-3 10-0 14-2 8-1 15-1 2 3 16 A+ Conf Champion
CT Champion
NT (Championship Game)

+Elite speed, ball handling, and passing will again make this the top offense in the nation.  anavrin is an insanely good coach at the fastbreak/fcp.
-Shutdown defensive teams have a chance if they have any semblance of an offense to complement.

Record 26-0 (16-0)

Farleigh Dickinson Florham WIS #7
82 jtt8355 23-7 7-2 14-3 2-2 14-2 24 14 8 A- NT At-large Bid
NT (1st Round)

+Elite frontcourt similar to DeSales, if Holz continues to develop LP he will be a top scorer in the triangle.
-Lack of guard depth and elite guard play.

Predicted record 23-3 (14-2)

Upper Iowa WIS NR
82 dirtyjerk 27-3 13-1 12-0 2-2 16-0 22 43 137 A Conf Champion
NT At-large Bid
NT (2nd Round)

+Elite players in Daniel Wilson and Darrell Wolfe, both super scorers in the fastbreak.
-Lack of postseason success is worrisome.  Lack of rebounding will hurt against elite frontcourts of the likes of FDFH and DeSales.

Predicted record 23-3 (15-1)

Honorable mentions:
Colorado
Greensboro
Becker
Curry

Top Conf goes to Heartland just winning over the S. Cal and USA South conferences.

Enjoy!
5/11/2015 5:02 PM (edited)
Geeez  final four!!!  I can't get out the 2nd round.
5/13/2015 8:43 AM
There are some really good teams but here is mine
F4
Desales
Becker
Waynesburg
Farleigh Dickison
E8
Curry
Louisiana
Christopher Newport
Upper Iowa
You get out of the second round this season, Dirty!

5/13/2015 10:17 PM
Posted by taggl on 5/13/2015 10:17:00 PM (view original):
There are some really good teams but here is mine
F4
Desales
Becker
Waynesburg
Farleigh Dickison
E8
Curry
Louisiana
Christopher Newport
Upper Iowa
You get out of the second round this season, Dirty!

2 zone final four teams?  What about Menlo?
5/14/2015 10:47 PM
2 very good zone teams and F4/E8 appearances for those guys last year. Menlo will be a player no one wants to play come tourney time and I almost put him in but he gets upset by somebody... We'll see when the bracket come out but I opted for a few that either hasn't been there for a while or at all. Hey, if my d2(tark) team can go f4 this year anything is possible! lol
5/15/2015 9:00 AM
Mid Season Report:

How my Final Four teams are doing:

DeSales
10-0 | WIS #1 | RPI 15 | SOS 98

+No upsets in a weak schedule, solid wins over Whittier and U of New England, shooting over 50% as a team, rebounding extremely well as expected.
-Weak schedule doesn't say much, U of New England played really close.

Predicted 24-2 (14-2)
New Prediction 24-2 (14-2) Final Four, nothing changes here, still the team to beat.  Conf play will show how great they are.

Menlo
7-3 | WIS #17 | RPI 9 | SOS 11

+High rpi/sos should help in seeding.  high scoring and extremely efficient.
-3 losses I wouldn't have expected especially the sim loss.  A lot of fouling.

Previous Predictions: 26-0 (16-0)
New Prediction 20-6 (13-3) Sweet 16, some minor hiccups might show Menlo isn't as good as I thought.  The high number of fouls is really concerning.

Farleigh Dickinson Florham
9-1 | WIS #6 | RPI 2 | SOS 4

+great start to the season super great rpi/sos and will stay high with their conf means great seeding.  Rebounding being a big attribute we expected.  Stellar defense.
-rpi/sos is actually quite inflated, only 1 elite team(loss), and 1 great sim super class recruited team(win), relatively weak guard play fouled a lot in loss.

Previous Prediction 23-3 (14-2)
New Prediction 21-5 (12-4) Sweet 16, I believe the guard play will be a bit more to overcome in conf play, however the elite big man play will make games close and winnable.  Other teams are proving to be top level talent and I think the guard play is something that is to much to overcome, would need a bracket of weak guard teams or just really weak big men to take advantage of.

Upper Iowa
8-2 | WIS UR(27) | RPI 45 | SOS 125

+Good wins and 2 losses are to top teams.  Stars are proving to be stars.  Wolfe is extremely efficient and is making up for the lack of rebounding.
-2 losses are by large margin, shows maybe a tier below elite?  Fouled a lot in losses.

Previous prediction 23-3 (15-1)
New Prediction 22-4 (14-2) 2nd round, again some really good teams are proving themselves that I wasn't able to see in my previous look around, knocking off Upper Iowa much earlier than expected.  I think it depends on the bracket, hard bracket is going to be a 2nd round exit, an easier one could be more similar to my previous prediction.

With the elimination of 3 of my final four teams here is who I project to replace them:

Colorado
10-0 | WIS #2 | RPI 14 | SOS 78

+Shooting well against good teams, high assists, steals, rebounds, and gets fouled a lot.
-Hasn't faced "elite" talent so might be another prediction inflated due to schedule.

Prediction 24-2, besides a tough game against CMHMS which Colorado might be favored in, they will be the favorites from here on out.

Becker
9-1 | WIS #3 | RPI 1 | SOS 8

+Had them on the oustide(Elite 8) previously and they proved they are much tougher, pretty good wins, top rpi and good sos should help against weak conf.
-Hasn't really been tested against the cream of the crop.

Prediction: 25-1 (16-0) don't see anyone in conf giving them trouble.

Dominican
9-1 | WIS #7 | RPI 5 | SOS 25

+Great offensive talent, has faced multiple good teams and won.  Shooting well.
-no getting to's or drawing fouls.

Prediction 23-3 (14-2)

You can say changing 3/4 my Final Four teams is a little knee jerky after just non-conf and it might be but maybe I should just change this to "Whose the hottest four teams look like now"

Personally I'm a combined 1-20, in my rebuilds so thats suuuuuper fun.
5/17/2015 1:06 AM
Desales looks super tough....this may be "shines" one shining moment
5/18/2015 11:05 AM
My $ is on Colorado - and he was just in The National Championship Game a season and a half ago.
5/20/2015 8:56 AM
Few days behind but FDFH knocking off DeSales was a big big win.

Not really a surprise dtm has Drew undefeated again.  51 game win streak going

This season is much stronger than I thought it would be, Colorado really does look like the best bet like anavrin said.

Colorado
DeSales
Drew
USCG
FDFH
Becker
CMHMS
Waynesburg

All look like NT contenders then you got a group behind them just by a tad in:

Dominican
Menlo
La Grange
Curry
Franklin
NYU
CNU
Upper Iowa

Finally theres 2 wildcards in Dickinson and Greensboro who by the postseson should have the IQ to become really scary.

5/21/2015 8:52 PM (edited)
cmolli at UCGA looks pretty good too!
5/21/2015 8:41 PM
Posted by taggl on 5/21/2015 8:41:00 PM (view original):
cmolli at UCGA looks pretty good too!
oh thought I added him in the 2nd group. my mistake.
5/21/2015 8:51 PM
I was trying to fly under the radar taggl! :)
Gotta say I'm a little surprised with this team....think they are very good, but not great. Colorado and Desales are the teams to beat but Drew is still on an impressive win streak as well.
5/23/2015 12:19 AM
Lol, That's a little hard to do when you're in the top 5. That's a very good team!
5/23/2015 9:10 PM
I didn't add Catholic to the list as the coach is pretty new, but he's quite good, and is having a great season.  Has a talented roster.

Undefeated teams left: 4

And a huge amount of 1-2 loss teams.  Going to be some interesting brackets.
5/25/2015 12:16 AM
End of the conf tournaments with some interesting results:

#1 Undefeated Colorado loses for the first time against #8 CMHMS 79-67 crowning another CT to aejones.

#2 DeSales beats #3 Drew 71-65 for the Freedom CT

cmoli kept #6 US Coast Guard unbeaten through the CT bringing them to 29 straight wins.

#5 Dominican loses for the 3rd time this season to #15 Webster 61-59

Looking at the previous tiers I would say I might change them to something like this now:  There's probably a few teams I missed but these are the ones that should be expected to go far.

Tier A, expected NC contenders
DeSales
Colorado
Drew
CMHMS
Menlo
USCG
Becker

Tier B:(talented to make a deep run but probably not enough to bring it home)
Curry
Dominican
Louisiana
NYU
Webster
Upper Iowa
FDFH
Montclair St.
Virginia Wesleyan

Those are 16 teams not saying those are the S16 but figured I'd stop before I add like 50 teams to the list.

Tier B2(Argueably more talented than Tierb B1 but super class hasn't reached high enough IQ, 1 season from NC contention and should make a good run this season)
La Grange
Greensboro
Carnegie Mellon
Wisconsin Eau, Claire
Dickinson

Tier C(experienced coaches that either are with little upper classmen or just a "down" year but could pull out a S16 run)
Manchester
CNU
Piedmont
Pacific Lutheran
Franklin

I'll attempt a bracket tonight if I can when the seeds are put out
5/28/2015 3:14 PM
12 Next ▸
Knight Season 83 Mega Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.