Posted by alblack56 on 4/24/2015 5:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jaxorbetter on 4/23/2015 9:02:00 PM (view original):
I knew of the trick to find International GPAs, but that Ratings thing is HUGE. Thanks, PK.
Ok, I give up.  Why  search for GPAs??
Obviously it's not ATH/SPD/DEF in importance, but...

Doesn't GPA equate with learning offense/defense and practice minutes in study hall?

Also, I've found unusual searches on stats that matter little or none (PPG, for example) occasionally reveal a player I might have overlooked. Not because of those stats, but just as a different perspective.

If even a few other people or the HD code value it at all, maybe you search for GPAs ascending and pick up the 2.0 SF that is overlooked.

A possible tiebreaker?

I agree that this is the grapefruit spoon in the silverware drawer. :-D
4/24/2015 7:02 AM (edited)
I knew of the trick to find International GPAs, but that Ratings thing is HUGE. Thanks, PK.
You can see HS GPA from the player page of domestic players. If you want to know HS GPA for internationals, which is of course a key factor in how quickly the player's IQ will improve, the only way to see it is to order the general results view by GPA. It's not nearly as big a deal as seeing the ratings view (including potential) in your search, but if you're deciding whether or not to throw a bunch of money at an INTL recruit, GPA is good info if you can get it. Especially for the crazies who play combo defenses, like me.
4/24/2015 10:11 AM
Posted by pkoopman on 4/23/2015 5:35:00 PM (view original):
I'm sure most experienced coaches know this, but I am very slow; the ratings view from the recruit search page blew my mind. Since it defaults to general, I spent my first RL year and a half recruiting by clicking on each individual player page by page to decide who was worthy of my effort. Then someone mentioned a way to search internationals by HS GPA, which isn't viewable anywhere else ( from General, not ratings view, but you have an option to sort by all sorts of criteria, including ratings), and my world was rocked. The heavens opened and the angels sang.

Recruiting - search - results view (on the right for my fellow uninitiated). If you're searching by states scouted, you'll see potential, too.
Thank you!
4/25/2015 8:20 AM
Posted by wronoj on 4/23/2015 8:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by oldave on 4/23/2015 7:51:00 AM (view original):
i would tell you but then id have to kill you.
oldave's shortest post ever? 
no
4/25/2015 9:05 AM
I use "low" as a way to flag nonqualifiers and keep them separate from guys who can play right away

I use medium and high in varying ways

i wish we had a "notes" capability on the recruiting summary page so one could do different organization schemes in different situations - like now and then say that I am looking for a couple of guards at least one of whom needs good peri.  I would mark that in the notes field as I worked on recruits before the recruiting cycle
4/26/2015 8:59 AM
Posted by oldave on 4/25/2015 9:05:00 AM (view original):
no
ok,  yes, it probably was.
4/26/2015 9:37 AM
Posted by oldave on 4/26/2015 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by oldave on 4/25/2015 9:05:00 AM (view original):
no
ok,  yes, it probably was.
But not now. Nicely played.
4/26/2015 4:39 PM
!
4/26/2015 11:41 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 4/24/2015 10:11:00 AM (view original):
You can see HS GPA from the player page of domestic players. If you want to know HS GPA for internationals, which is of course a key factor in how quickly the player's IQ will improve, the only way to see it is to order the general results view by GPA. It's not nearly as big a deal as seeing the ratings view (including potential) in your search, but if you're deciding whether or not to throw a bunch of money at an INTL recruit, GPA is good info if you can get it. Especially for the crazies who play combo defenses, like me.
I don't think they (WIS) mean for us to see international GPAs.  The other thing this is good for is knowing how much study hall time will be required.  A few years ago I noticed on the "compare recruits" feature that the GPA showed up for international players (but not on their player page, even after signing them).  I submitted a ticket to CS and got this back:

ME to CS:
I can't see the high school GPA of my international signed player. I hear that it does exist when using the 'compare recruit tool' however, I didn't know this would happen.... did not make a note of it - so I have no clue what the GPA was. Can ya help me out? Seems like a quirk that should be fixed in the future.
thanks
Brian

CS to ME:
Brian,
I wasn't aware that you could see GPA on the compare recruits page. The game is designed so that it's hidden for international players, so I can't give out that info. I'll look into fixing the compare page. Thanks.
4/27/2015 1:30 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 4/23/2015 5:35:00 PM (view original):
I'm sure most experienced coaches know this, but I am very slow; the ratings view from the recruit search page blew my mind. Since it defaults to general, I spent my first RL year and a half recruiting by clicking on each individual player page by page to decide who was worthy of my effort. Then someone mentioned a way to search internationals by HS GPA, which isn't viewable anywhere else ( from General, not ratings view, but you have an option to sort by all sorts of criteria, including ratings), and my world was rocked. The heavens opened and the angels sang.

Recruiting - search - results view (on the right for my fellow uninitiated). If you're searching by states scouted, you'll see potential, too.
Holy. Crap.

Now I feel like an idiot. Thank you for posting this!

4/27/2015 1:45 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.