wondering if anyone else has any tricks or tips to make the site easier to use. for ex., i recently thought of an easier way to preserve unique player distribution settings for one defense while making all the rest uniform: 

assume i have different player distribution plans for all 4 defenses, but i decide that i want the settings for m2m and both zones to match my current m2m settings; i want FCP to stay the same. i would open the m2m player settings and then open the FCP settings in a new tab. in tab 1, i would save the m2m settings "to all defenses" and then in second tab, i would do a regular save of the FCP settings. after doing this, m2m and both zones will have the same settings and FCP will have its own, original settings.

this might seem obvious to some coaches, but before i thought of this i was taking a screen shot of my current settings and then manually putting in the numbers i wanted...a much more tedious method!
4/22/2015 12:54 PM
That is clever.  Nice.
4/22/2015 1:28 PM
Very good tip. 
4/22/2015 2:23 PM
On the recruiting summary page, I use the 'high', 'low', and 'medium' setting to organize my players by position

'High'-  all guards that are possible pulldowns

'Medium-  all SF players that are possible pulldowns

'low-  all PF/C who are possible pulldowns

'Not set'-  any player that's already available to me 
4/22/2015 5:20 PM
I do something similar... I use the high for my primary targets; medium for same division ("already available") and low for pull downs.
4/22/2015 7:45 PM
Posted by jtt8355 on 4/22/2015 7:45:00 PM (view original):
I do something similar... I use the high for my primary targets; medium for same division ("already available") and low for pull downs.
This is exactly how I do it too.
4/23/2015 2:52 AM
How about use the rpi by school page to search for any team, coach, conference or prestige.
4/23/2015 6:12 AM
i would tell you but then id have to kill you.
4/23/2015 7:51 AM
Posted by oldave on 4/23/2015 7:51:00 AM (view original):
i would tell you but then id have to kill you.
oldave's shortest post ever? 
4/23/2015 8:23 AM
Sort the RPI by school page by SOS to get an idea of SOS rank before they come out after game 8.
4/23/2015 9:31 AM
when i use two monitors, i'll put the maxed out message on one screen and the practice settings on another, so i can easily scroll through each message and change the practice settings without having to flip back and forth. 
4/23/2015 9:54 AM
when i have two monitors, i put my team ratings page one screen and my player settings on the other, so i can look back and forth and set the distribution and +/- without having to flip back and forth.
4/23/2015 9:56 AM
I accomplish the same thing by just resizing the windows.
4/23/2015 10:14 AM
I just use separate tabs 
4/23/2015 10:23 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 4/23/2015 10:14:00 AM (view original):
I accomplish the same thing by just resizing the windows.
when a monitor is big enough, its feasible. at work, i have two monitors (so its unnecessary) and at home a laptop. i tried it on my laptop, but the monitor isn't big enough. Like yoijames, i use tabs and flip back and forth. 
4/23/2015 12:03 PM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.