biglenr tribute league: OL without junk (FULL!) Topic

MLB112440

In my recent WIS interview I mentioned how much I miss biglenr, in particular for the leagues he used to run.

I don't recall if he ever did this theme exactly as I've outlined it here, but this is the KIND of league he would run all the time.

What we're after here is a league that looks mostly like an OL, but without the major annoyances of most OLs, and without a lot of complicated rules or blacklists.

So:
80M cap
No AAA
No trades
No clones
No other roster restrictions at all except that all players must be from 1925-1974

WW is OK (must adhere to 1925-74 restriction)
Injuries are ON (so please draft enough IP and PA)
No restrictions on park
Random realignment
1 team per owner please

League number is listed above...no need to sign up here, just put your team together and join.

Oh, one more thing...the teams that make it to the world series should have a better-than-decent shot at winning the TOC, since they will largely be grouped with progressives and low cap (60-70M) teams that are relying on AAA.

4/19/2015 4:40 PM
like this concept a lot. I'll be putting a team in.
4/20/2015 1:16 PM
Excellent.  Glad to have you.
4/21/2015 2:48 PM
4 in so far

Come on folks, this is the chance to wean you off all of your usual OL addictions.  With just a handful of rules, we've eliminated just about everything that drives most of us crazy about OLs:
-- No deadball pitchers
-- No modern speedsters
-- No Bip Roberts
-- No HoJo
-- No Gavvy Cravath
-- No Bob Milacki
-- No teams with 3 versions of Tim Raines...heck, you won't find a single Tim Raines in this league
-- No 1975 Gary Carter....you're actually going to have to think about who you draft at catcher for once
-- With no AAA, no trades, and injuries on, every team will need to draft a full roster of players...no more tanking 1 or 2 positions, hoping for a good AAA draw, and relying on trades to fill in the gaps.
4/23/2015 5:03 AM (edited)
6 in now.

While you're at it, check out italyprof's current theme...similar time frame and cap, but different rules. For those who want OLs without all the usual suspects, his league is another great one to join.
4/25/2015 1:00 PM (edited)
This is a great league, very important as if this kind of idea - restricting the league to a certain set of eras and seasons and putting some other restrictions like no AAA in - were to catch on it might convince to site to provide for at least an alternative OL format that is more competitive, less loaded with the same rosters and cookies and more hospitable to new owners who are less likely to fall prey to vets who want to take advantage of their lack of WIS experience. 

4/28/2015 3:13 AM
I will join
4/28/2015 8:35 AM
Excellent jeff, welcome.
4/28/2015 8:45 AM
I'm not confident about this but count me in.
4/28/2015 1:23 PM
Welcome Yaz2Schill...good to have another Bosox fan in the league.

11 in now.
4/28/2015 2:08 PM
i'll jump in
4/28/2015 8:14 PM
welcome calcutta....12 in now
4/28/2015 8:15 PM
13 in
4/29/2015 5:49 AM
Been working on a team for a few days...should be in tonight or tomorrow
4/29/2015 7:47 PM
contrarian23, I know i'm no way in the caliber of owners in this league thus far but will try to be competitive and in process of creating a team. italyprof make a huge recommendation to this league and I will follow his lead and yours, thank you for an opportunity.  Great interview on this site,best regards always.
4/30/2015 1:39 PM
12 Next ▸
biglenr tribute league: OL without junk (FULL!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.