Rule V Leg #48 Draft Thread Topic

Not sure if coach is traveling this time around, but haven't heard from him regarding keepers.  If I don't hear by tomorrow morning, I'll choose five for him.
4/22/2015 10:34 AM
I won't be around Friday. Can someone proxy for me?
4/22/2015 3:34 PM
suggestion for next round. people who don't select a team or submit initial keepers be replaced for one round. that would solve the chronic problem facing this league without kicking people out permanently.
and if somebody's late for round 2 or 3 just continue without their keeper. they can catch up whenever.
4/22/2015 3:53 PM
Posted by tridentric on 4/22/2015 3:34:00 PM (view original):
I won't be around Friday. Can someone proxy for me?
I should be able to.
4/22/2015 4:11 PM
Posted by rbow923 on 4/22/2015 3:53:00 PM (view original):
suggestion for next round. people who don't select a team or submit initial keepers be replaced for one round. that would solve the chronic problem facing this league without kicking people out permanently.
and if somebody's late for round 2 or 3 just continue without their keeper. they can catch up whenever.
I could go along with something like that, though I'm not sure we should have a round of the draft without a keeper being submitted.  I'm happy to put in a keeper (or keepers) for someone if they're not around, especially when they're in the opposite league as llcoach is.  If we come across a situation where I'm in the same division with someone who's absent, we could designate another owner in the opposite league to handle keepers and/or picks until they return.
4/22/2015 4:14 PM
I just don't get why owners don't submit keepers  as soon as they draft their team.   do we really need to see all teams drafted prior to submitting?

4/22/2015 4:21 PM
I feel the Royals have a usual pretty standard 5, with that being said, I am ok with you, Sin, superceding the owner if they are not around
4/22/2015 4:21 PM
Posted by ff09 on 4/22/2015 4:21:00 PM (view original):
I just don't get why owners don't submit keepers  as soon as they draft their team.   do we really need to see all teams drafted prior to submitting?

I think it has more to do with division alignment, seeing who you're competing against, etc.  That said, it usually doesn't impact my choices much, if at all.
4/22/2015 4:23 PM
most teams have a "Core 5", but it does, at times, take some thought depending on your stadium choice & direction you want your team to go - spd, HR's, OBP, etc.
4/22/2015 4:24 PM
Posted by ff09 on 4/22/2015 4:21:00 PM (view original):

I try to, but sometimes I'm busy and picking a team off the phone or whatnot.
4/22/2015 4:47 PM
I think it's fluff thay you can't pick your team and your 5 keepers.Practicaly every owner has had many teams over and over and been around long enough to know the core 5 for every team. Pick a team it takes 2 minutes to decide your keepers and 1 minute to send off a site mail to the commish.Easy peasy.
4/22/2015 10:17 PM
Still nothing.  Posting keepers shortly.
4/23/2015 8:34 AM
maybe its worth finding a replacement owner if you have one ready.  
4/23/2015 8:56 AM
Keepers are posted.  Timed schedule starts tomorrow morning.  If we don't hear from coach during the first round, I'll get a replacement.  I'll check with former commish DoctorKz first.
4/23/2015 9:36 AM
Posted by spikeboots on 4/22/2015 10:17:00 PM (view original):
I think it's fluff thay you can't pick your team and your 5 keepers.Practicaly every owner has had many teams over and over and been around long enough to know the core 5 for every team. Pick a team it takes 2 minutes to decide your keepers and 1 minute to send off a site mail to the commish.Easy peasy.
This isn't true. This is my 5th season in Rule V and when I picked the Mets I had some guesses as to who the best 5 I should take were, but I wanted to do a search at pretty much every position to figure out what my needs were and how to plan out my draft / keepers. I really would have guessed wrong if I hadn't done that, and given that the keepers and draft are like 90-95% of your skill-based input to the process I want to be able to do that. I try to when I pick my team, but I a) Don't want to hold up the franchise draft and b) Can't always be at a computer when the time comes up when I have a job.

Maybe the solution is for people to chill out and be patient adults because they understand that the process is going to take a couple of freaking days. 

I think it's fluff that if you've had "many teams over and over" that you don't understand that people can't always be available to play imaginary baseball the precise instant you want them to be. 
4/23/2015 10:45 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...17 Next ▸
Rule V Leg #48 Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.