Yankees 2015 (33-25) - 2.5 Game Lead Topic

Game two smackdown.
4/25/2015 6:48 PM
Does anyone really think that this Mets lineup can keep this up???
4/25/2015 7:20 PM
You'd probably have to look at stats to know what "this" is and whether or not they can keep it up.

But you hate stats. So never mind.
4/25/2015 7:42 PM
No, I just hate stat "mongers" like you who think a guys WAR tells you everything you need to know about a player. I just don't consider "stats" to be the be-all, end-all when it comes to baseball. Why don't you tell me how they'll do based on their sabr stats right now. Cuz I'd be willing to bet that they're lucky to be a .500 team by the end of it all. I'm sure you'll find a way to tell me they're a 90 win team easily though using nothing but numbers.

PS - Let it go man, losing an argument isn't everything, is it?

4/25/2015 7:58 PM
Nice straw man. No one ever said WAR tells you everything you need to know.
4/26/2015 9:11 AM
Mets even the series as they slap around CC in an 8-2 win.

CC got shelled, allowing 7 runs on 9 hits (including 3 home runs) over 5 innings.

Yankees offense was once again anemic, only getting five hits off of a tough Matt Harvey.  Tex continued with his hot bat of late, picking up three of those hits which included his 8th homerun and 18th RBI of the season.

Series finale tonight at the Stadium on ESPN.  Nathan Eovaldi (1-0, 3.12) against Jonathan Niese (2-0, 1.50).
4/26/2015 9:40 AM
rsp, I sure as heck would take a bet that the Mets will be over .500!!!
4/26/2015 4:12 PM
I'll bet you a free SLB team on it. If they finish exactly .500, no one wins, they finish one over, you win. They finish one under, I win. You in?
4/26/2015 4:21 PM
Yanks take 2 out of 3 from the Metropolitans with a 6-4 win the season finale.

Eovaldi gets knocked out in the fifth after allowing 4 runs on seven hits.  He was replaced by Chasen Shreve, who only faced three hitters (walk, HBP and a double play) but became the pitcher of record and recorded his first major league win.  The bullpen was nearly perfect over the final four innings, only allowing two baserunners (another HBP, and a wild pitch on strike three).  Andrew Miller picked up his seventh save of the season.

ARod paced the offense with a 2-4, including a double and his 5th home run of the season, and 2 ribbies.

Yankees stay at home for a 3 game series against the team their tied for first with in the AL East, Tampa.  Adam Warren (1-1, 5.40) gets the start tonight.

4/27/2015 8:00 AM
Yankees move into sole possession of first place in the AL East by defeating the Rays 4-1 on Monday night.

Adam Warren (1-1, 4.35) pitches well, allowing only 5 hits and 1 run with no walks over 5.2 IP.  The bullpen once again has to carry a heavy load, contributing 3.1 scoreless innings.  Andrew Miller picks up his 8th save of the season.

Gardner, McCann and Drew paced the offense with 2 hits each.

Chase Whitley has been called up from AAA Scranton to make the start tonight in game 2 of the series against the Rays, giving the rest of the Yankee starters an extra day off as they're in the midst of a stretch of 30 games in 31 days.

4/28/2015 8:00 AM
Lazy bastards.    I once played 8-9 games in a row, on the same day, in 100 degree heat.    No one was called up to even give me an inning off. 
4/28/2015 8:31 AM
It's possible they just wanted to give the kid a break and get him away from Scranton for a few days.

Having grown up there, I can fully appreciate that.

4/28/2015 9:17 AM
Yeah but sending him back will seem like cruel and unusual punishment.   That's illegal.
4/28/2015 11:35 AM
Tanaka on the 15-day DL due to right wrist tendinitis and a mildly strained forearm.  He's expected to be out for a month.  So Whitley gets a month away from the Electric City. 
4/28/2015 9:56 PM
Yanks extend their lead in the East to 2 games with a 4-2 victory over the Rays Tuesday night.

Chase Whitley (1-0, 1.80) , free of the stank of Scranton / Wilkes Barre, takes the W in his first ML appearance of the season, scattering 6 hits and a walk over 5 innings of one-run pitching.  Esmil Rogers contributes 2.2 IP of scoreless ball, and Chris Martin pitches a scoreless ninth to pick up his first save of the season as the Yankees give Andrew Miller a night off.

Brian McCann paces the offense with a pair of doubles and 3 ribbies.

The series finale is this afternoon at 1:05pm, with Michael Pineda (3-0, 3.86) getting the ball against Rays' starter Drew Smyly (0-0, 3.86).

4/29/2015 12:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...11 Next ▸
Yankees 2015 (33-25) - 2.5 Game Lead Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.