Elite 8 What'S to like! Topic

1. Gonzaga baby, the Zags!
2. Dream final #1 : Wiltjer against Kentucky, his old team that thought he was too slow gets to see him shoot!
3. Dream final #2 Duke against Kentucky, the top overall pick of the NBA going against real NBA competition! Will he pull it out? Dépends on Duke's defense
4. Pitino and Izzo still alive. What, are we still alive? Yeah we are, those coaches don't want to coach themselves into the elite 8, so will go! Thanks guys.
5. Best elite 8 game : Arizona - Wisconsin
6. ACC 3 teams into the elite 8, could have been 5. Best conference!!!
7. Derian Grant, I Know, you are thinking leave us alone with this kid! Check his NBA talent, he will be a starter in the NBA. Size and skills.
8. Who is the real Sabonis? Please stand up.
9. My picks : Wisconsin, Kentucky, Gonzaga and Louisville
10. Bobby Hurley is at DePaul today, cross your fingers.
3/28/2015 7:22 AM
Jerian*****
3/28/2015 10:51 AM
Elite 8 coaches are--John Calipari, Coach K, Tom Izzo, Rick Pitino, Mark Few, Bo Ryan, Sean Miller, and Mike Brey (in a very opinion-specific order).  Why is filling out brackets so difficult???

I guess if you had Roy Williams or Bill Self I can't fault you there.  But why waste time picking coaches like Jay Wright, Tony Bennett, Fred Hoiberg, Lon Kruger, or Scott Drew when those 8 or 10 guys are in the tournament??
3/28/2015 2:55 PM
Good stuff in all the post. A couple of thoughts: Please Bobby make a smart decision and don't go to the career killer job DePaul. MSU beats Louisville and I'm a state hater. Louisville is not very good and luck is about to run out.
3/28/2015 5:16 PM
Kentucky looked very vulnerable tonight.  Were they looking past Notre Dame maybe?  In all honesty, Notre Dane should have won that game.  They out played Kentucky for 39 and 1/2 minutes.  Problem is, you've got to play 40.  No way Wisconsin shoots like that again, but if they do or come anywhere close to that, hello Monday night. 

How come Louisville and Michigan State feels like a Sweet 16 game instead of a winner is in the Final Four game? 

When I saw the brackets, as a Duke fan, I was okay with Gonzaga being the 2 seed in our region.  Now, now I might be putting my foot in my mouth.  If Duke doesn't pick up their game and play a whole lot better than they did against Utah, the Zags will see their first Final Four.  Jahlil Okafor gets the press, and rightly so, but Justise Winslow is the most important player on that team.  Okafor is the best, but Winslow is the glue that holds everything together.  Look for Duke's guards to have much better games also.  They were unusually quiet against the Utes.  If he stays four years, Grayson Allen will be a huge star, so athletic almost to the point of being reckless.  So much talent.

My picks:  Sparty and the Dukies.  Yep, five ACC teams into the Sweet Sixteen but only one to the Final Four.  And two Big Ten teams, one of which will be playing on Monday night in a rematch of a game earlier this year.  The rematch will have the same result too.  Betcha house on it.

3/29/2015 2:03 AM
The ACC, from top to bottom was the best conference.  However, they could end up with 0 final four teams.  I don't really like either matchup today, but then again my bracket was finished last week so what do I know.
3/29/2015 9:50 AM
I only filled up one bracket and had Wisconsin, Kentucky, Gonzaga and my upset special : Northern Iowa.

So if Gonzaga wins, I have 3 out of 4. I could not go against Gonzaga since I really like these type of programs. Last year, I was cheering for Wichita State, other years, I was on the Butler bandwagon.

3/29/2015 11:16 AM
My bracket has UK, Wisconsin, Louisvlle, and Duke.   I'm currently in the lead. If UL and Duke win today, I'll likely win the contest since the top 5 entries all have Kentucky winning the title. 
3/29/2015 11:47 AM
Elite 8 What'S to like! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.