Leaving After 9 Years Topic

I think uptempo that game wins like 149 out of 150.  Slowdown would win like 98 out of 100.  Still a pretty big upset, but based on tempo alone I would say his chances to win were tripled by going slow
3/28/2015 9:40 PM
I prob would have played at normal pace...anything but slowdown
3/28/2015 11:19 PM
I'm not saying he's wrong, I just think it's extraordinarily douchey to dispense advice, especially unsolicited, and especially when you've played 130 seasons with no championships. I have no championships, myself, which is why I don't delude myself into thinking I know more about the game than other people.
3/28/2015 11:34 PM
First of all, you can't necessarily judge a coach's ability by how many seasons he's played versus how many rings he has.  Some people love to take on rebuilds, which would take a number of seasons to get into "championship" shape.  Others, such as yourself, like to take over ready made teams and thus may have an inordinate amount of titles as opposed to seasons.  Everyone has their own likes and dislikes when it comes to choosing teams, so to each their own.  I've coached at Maine in Tark for 22 seasons.  Those are 22 seasons added to my total where I had a 0% chance of winning a ring.  Get my point?

Not everyone likes hopping, skipping, and jumping from ready made team to ready made team parasiting off another coach's work and then reaping rewards that weren't necessarily earned.  So leave the "X number of rings in X number of seasons" comparison out of it because it's nowhere close to being valid.

Second, I think it's "extraordinarily douchey" to think that the only people who should dispense advice or that should be allowed to dispense advice or who's advice is worth taking are those who HAVE won rings.  You can learn from ANYONE.  It's a shame you don't realize that.

3/29/2015 1:35 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 12
Leaving After 9 Years Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.