Sabermetrics and Wall St. - interesting article Topic

I favor strong gun control even more than I favor strong traffic control, so I am fine with your weak analogy.

But booger, more importantly, you keep asserting that lack of controls leads to safer driving conditions as though this were (a) self-evident or (b) supported by evidence.

You have provided no evidence other than a trivial single personal experience at your place of work.

To which anyone could respond with any number of counterexamples that are at least as valid.  (Recent changes to Washington Circle in Washington DC are a particularly good example, one that I experience daily on my commute.  Vastly improved traffic flow, shorter wait times, and nary a rush hour accident in several months - all directly following dramatic increases in traffic controls.  Another excellent example is the constant increase in traffic controls at any DIsney theme park.  The latter is a particular interesting example as it is a private, for-profit entity determining that increased traffic control is good for business and good for the customer - and also that these benefits exceed the costs.  Tough to argue when a profit-maximizing private entity does it, isn't it?)

If you would like to provide real scientific evidence for your claims, I'm all ears.  Until then, you can denigrate "liberals" all you want, but your straw men don't count for much of an argument.
4/1/2015 10:28 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by italyprof on 4/2/2015 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Can we get back to baseball soon? And how much cooler 4 8-team leagues would be with the players having contracts with MLB instead of teams so that money was no longer wrecking the game? 

That was more fun than arguing traffic laws with boogerlips. 
Hey, I had plenty to say in that thread that wasn't ever replied to.
4/2/2015 7:25 PM
The Cleveland Tire Fires select P Dizzy Dean
4/20/2015 6:40 PM
The Cedar Rapids Rabbits take Casey Stengel and Satchel Paige - just to hear the conversations on the bench.
4/21/2015 5:35 AM
◂ Prev 12
Sabermetrics and Wall St. - interesting article Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.