Who has the best chance to beat Kentucky? Topic

not to hijack the thread...but....problem with Melo for HD is how do you create ratings that explain his ability to drive inside and draw fouls - high LP but not BH?  I bet that to get a guard with stats like his you wluld need serious BH - and that his TO would arise from the ball being in his hands so much......maybe super LP for a guard would do it

Nickens - hi Peri, low DEF as of now.....
3/27/2015 2:24 AM
and kentucky sure did squash WV....I changed the channel early
3/27/2015 2:25 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 3/27/2015 2:24:00 AM (view original):
not to hijack the thread...but....problem with Melo for HD is how do you create ratings that explain his ability to drive inside and draw fouls - high LP but not BH?  I bet that to get a guard with stats like his you wluld need serious BH - and that his TO would arise from the ball being in his hands so much......maybe super LP for a guard would do it

Nickens - hi Peri, low DEF as of now.....
Melo High SP also set at -2. Lol
3/27/2015 4:06 PM
Tom Izzo.  Enough said.

And I'm a Duke fan.

3/28/2015 12:35 AM
I live in Michigan. Sister In law graduated from State, but I cheer against state. lol. Izzo is a great coach, but 2 things: if Duke plays them, Coach K owns him and remember when they overachieved and got destroyed by UNC in championship game.
3/28/2015 10:10 AM
Posted by whitey34 on 3/28/2015 10:10:00 AM (view original):
I live in Michigan. Sister In law graduated from State, but I cheer against state. lol. Izzo is a great coach, but 2 things: if Duke plays them, Coach K owns him and remember when they overachieved and got destroyed by UNC in championship game.
Thanks for proving my point Whitey.  He "overachieved" and got them where?  All the way to the title game.  Touche, point taken.  Game over and thanks for playing.

Listen, I'm the biggest Duke fan in the state of Kentucky, bar none.  Been a diehard Duke fan for over 30 years.  And for what it's worth, your attempt at a defense of Corey Maggette situation, while a noble effort, was a waste of time.  The kid was guilty as hell, there's no way that the Duke coaching staff didn't know that, and if Duke hadn't had (and still has) that image of the squeaky clean, do everything the right way, "Caucasian" boys succeeding against the odds image (and there's no need to try to deny it, we all know it's true), they would have vacated those wins like Umass did, like Memphis did, like Michigan did, and like any other school in that situation has had to do.  Duke IS the NCAA's white (word chosen deliberately) knight in shining armor.  It got swept under the rug and that was WRONG.  Only a Duke fan with their head in the sand would believe otherwise.

But all that is leading to this:  if I needed to win ONE college basketball game to have my life spared, out of all the active coaches, Tom Izzo is my guy.  If I'm allowed to choose any college basketball coach ever, I'm choosing Bob Knight in his prime, but of all the coaches today, there is NO WAY you go with anyone but Tom Izzo.  If you do, just tell us what you want on your head stone because you're through.

And after saying all that, I'm STILL the biggest Duke fan in the state of Kentucky and quite possibly the biggest Duke fan west of Murphy and if you don't know what that means, look it up.

3/29/2015 1:53 AM
You are on crack dude. If you were a real Duke fan you'd shut your mouth and know that coach K has owned izzo. Izzo is praying that the Zags win because he's only beaten coach K once I believe. Coach K is like 6 or 7-1 vs Izzo. I didn't prove anything to you besides the fact that you are a moron for misreading. Izzo has no shot vs UK just like with UNC and if he plays Duke he has about a 5% chance of winning.

About the maggette thing did I say that him taking $ wasnt wrong? Nope but there were no ties to Duke in regards to it like with other colleges that have been caught. What did they say Boeheim was at fault for? Failure to monitor. That's the NCAAs go to. If it didnt happen while at college they aren't as harsh.
3/29/2015 8:10 AM
I like that Izzo debate but let's be honest, Michigan State is the weakest of the teams left. They'll lose to Louisville and Harrell. If Rozier plays normally, it is a sure win. Now, yesterday, coaching made the difference. How come you find no solution for Towns? I mean, double up, take your chances, change things up. Second, at the end of the game, where is the ball movement? Why is Grant left by himself dribbling ... nobody is moving... He had three chances to score points and came up short because the offense had stopped playing. Continue to run your offense. The Harrison kept their poise and made shots... On the other hand, the coach of Notre Dame left the building and thought a miracle could happen without any end game plan. Kentucky got their scare, now they'll get even tougher challenges. I don't know what will happen but they have to prepare for Wisconsin, then Duke. Cause Duke is winning that side of the bracket. Write it down.

3/29/2015 9:23 AM
If they get passed Gonzaga. The other game against Louisville should be cake.
3/29/2015 9:24 AM
Agrees with ya Zorzii. Brey is a good coach but blew his last TO with 33 sec left high was stupid. And grant I can't believe he played that dumb. About Towns, I think it was a good move not doubling. Id rather give up 2 than give up the wide open 3. I think that was the reasoning. The key to Duke is Winslow staying out of foul trouble.
3/29/2015 1:25 PM
Posted by whitey34 on 3/29/2015 8:10:00 AM (view original):
You are on crack dude. If you were a real Duke fan you'd shut your mouth and know that coach K has owned izzo. Izzo is praying that the Zags win because he's only beaten coach K once I believe. Coach K is like 6 or 7-1 vs Izzo. I didn't prove anything to you besides the fact that you are a moron for misreading. Izzo has no shot vs UK just like with UNC and if he plays Duke he has about a 5% chance of winning.

About the maggette thing did I say that him taking $ wasnt wrong? Nope but there were no ties to Duke in regards to it like with other colleges that have been caught. What did they say Boeheim was at fault for? Failure to monitor. That's the NCAAs go to. If it didnt happen while at college they aren't as harsh.
I can be a real Duke fan and a realist too Whitey.  Shame you can't see past your own blinders.

Oh, tell Memphis how if it happens before college the NCAA is a lot more lenient.  Derrick Rose took his SAT's in HIGH SCHOOL GENIUS!

I mis-read nothing.  You said T. Izzo took an overachieving Michigan State team all the way to the title game.  Those were your words not mine.

3/29/2015 2:03 PM
Posted by whitey34 on 3/29/2015 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Agrees with ya Zorzii. Brey is a good coach but blew his last TO with 33 sec left high was stupid. And grant I can't believe he played that dumb. About Towns, I think it was a good move not doubling. Id rather give up 2 than give up the wide open 3. I think that was the reasoning. The key to Duke is Winslow staying out of foul trouble.
You'd rather give up the "sure" 2, than a "maybe" 3?  I would much rather have Kentucky shooting a 20 foot 3 with a defender coming back at them, than Towns shooting a 2 point shot from 3 feet away.  Not doubling Towns was basically automatically giving UK 2 points every time he touched the ball last night and you'd rather do that?

It was a HORRIBLE coaching decision not to double Towns.

About Winslow, agreed.  They also have to keep Okafor on the floor.  Duke isn't really all that big either, so any foul trouble down low will hurt.  I can't imagine what the score would look like if we had to play the first half using primarily Plumlee and Jefferson down low.

3/29/2015 2:10 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/29/2015 9:23:00 AM (view original):
I like that Izzo debate but let's be honest, Michigan State is the weakest of the teams left. They'll lose to Louisville and Harrell. If Rozier plays normally, it is a sure win. Now, yesterday, coaching made the difference. How come you find no solution for Towns? I mean, double up, take your chances, change things up. Second, at the end of the game, where is the ball movement? Why is Grant left by himself dribbling ... nobody is moving... He had three chances to score points and came up short because the offense had stopped playing. Continue to run your offense. The Harrison kept their poise and made shots... On the other hand, the coach of Notre Dame left the building and thought a miracle could happen without any end game plan. Kentucky got their scare, now they'll get even tougher challenges. I don't know what will happen but they have to prepare for Wisconsin, then Duke. Cause Duke is winning that side of the bracket. Write it down.

I think everyone would agree that Michigan State is the weakest team left Zorzii.  I bet everyone would also agree that Villanova was the weakest team left in the Elite Eight in 1985.  I'll bet everyone would agree that NC State was the weakest team left in the Elite Eight in 1983.  That's why they play the game.  How many people REALLY thought Chaminade had a chance to knock off #1 ranked Virginia and Ralph Sampson in 1981?  **** happens Zorzii, that's why they play the game.  The Miracle on Ice, Princeton over UCLA (defending champion UCLA, mind you), Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson. We could go on and on but they all have one thing in common.  They all had to play the game.

By your logic, since no one has beaten Kentucky yet, we should just gift wrap the rest of the tourney for them because, well, they're the strongest team left.

3/29/2015 2:17 PM
Emy you need to read before you type/open your mouth. Read the title of the thread. And read what happened when MSU played UNC. You missed the whole point.

Do you watch any Duke games? Every time Okafor has gone out due to foul trouble, Duke increased their lead. Obviously we don't want Okafor to get in foul trouble, but it's not really a killer.
3/29/2015 3:26 PM
Huge Duke fan.

Tom Izzo.  Enough said.

3/29/2015 4:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...13 Next ▸
Who has the best chance to beat Kentucky? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.