IF I have a guy with high passing and Ballhandling but he's slow, and I put him at SF will he be able to get a lot of assists if we are running the triangle? Woul I have to put his distro high or low if I want him to pass the ball?
3/3/2015 3:09 PM
Low distro to pass, but he still won't be bringing the ball up the court.
3/3/2015 3:29 PM
I'm in a similar situation my C is going to end up around 50 bh/50 pas.  He's had 53 pass he entire career and last season with 25 mpg averaged 1 assist per/gm at PF with distro at 8 which was I believe 4th highest on the team in a triangle offense.

I've had high BH PF's with 65 bh but only 35 pas at the time so he averaged just under 1 assist
3/3/2015 3:36 PM
Posted by carter40 on 3/3/2015 3:09:00 PM (view original):
IF I have a guy with high passing and Ballhandling but he's slow, and I put him at SF will he be able to get a lot of assists if we are running the triangle? Woul I have to put his distro high or low if I want him to pass the ball?
Not likely, he may have the occasional game where he gets 4-5 assists. Good news is that he won't turn the ball over that often. It becomes even more important if he's one of your top scorers.
3/3/2015 4:04 PM
I've had a center average more than 2 assists a game before. It's not easy, it is possible. I think he finished with something like a sixty passing.
3/3/2015 4:51 PM
I have a SF on my Cal Poly team averaging 2.4 a/g (53 passin the triangle) and a Center/PF on my Redlands team averaging 1.7 a/g (33 pass in fastbreak).
3/3/2015 5:17 PM
Let's get one thing straight, though.  Getting a certain guy to a certain number of assists is no kind of goal to have, as far as winning is concerned.
3/3/2015 6:16 PM
Assists mean very little but a players PASS rating is very important in winning.
3/3/2015 6:29 PM
And let's get another thing straight, I have five times as many posts as the previous poster and I can spell llama nuts right....
3/3/2015 6:30 PM
Let's get a fourth thing straight - I'm a huge fan of lots and lots and lots of passing.

Let's also get something crooked - do you realize that your combined username is Scat-on-joe?  Jesus, man.
3/3/2015 6:42 PM
Scat is on me way more often than I would like to admit....
3/3/2015 6:50 PM
It may not be a goal, but it is often a sign: almost universally when the kind of assist numbers show up on a post for me, it means I am shooting a high percentage and not committing turnovers. It usually tells me I've constructed my motion offense teams in a way I like.
3/3/2015 7:00 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.