Cheaters among us Topic

Whatever happened to Friscoboy.....
2/17/2015 8:07 PM
I got a response this evening from Admin:

Thanks for all of the info. It's taken us some time to review everything and we do believe there was some collusion here. As such, we've awarded you the reward points for the WS. Unfortunately, this was reported too late for us to take further measures.

Not a perfect resolution, but under the circumstances I can't complain.
2/18/2015 8:35 PM
According to wiki: 'Collusion is an agreement between two or more parties, sometimes illegal and therefore secretive,' Do you think they actually meant that two or more parties were involved? It would be nice to know the inside scoop. It would be even better if they would take the necessary steps to prevent such 'collusion' from happening in the future.
2/18/2015 9:24 PM
It would be hard to prevent if the person went to the trouble of using multiple credit cards -- which is possibly the case here, since Admin didn't come right out and say the teams were owned by one person.
2/18/2015 9:46 PM
Interestingly, 3 of the 4 usernames involved DID NOT open up my sitemail about the future of OG Twist.  Does that mean the user didn't need to read the message 4x?
2/19/2015 12:31 PM
Posted by 0soup4u on 2/18/2015 9:24:00 PM (view original):
According to wiki: 'Collusion is an agreement between two or more parties, sometimes illegal and therefore secretive,' Do you think they actually meant that two or more parties were involved? It would be nice to know the inside scoop. It would be even better if they would take the necessary steps to prevent such 'collusion' from happening in the future.
I don't think they meant two or more parties were involved. I'm guessing they misused the word collusion.
2/19/2015 12:39 PM
Posted by ff09 on 2/19/2015 12:31:00 PM (view original):
Interestingly, 3 of the 4 usernames involved DID NOT open up my sitemail about the future of OG Twist.  Does that mean the user didn't need to read the message 4x?
That'd be my guess. It will be interesting to see if he shows up in the OG Twist theme again. IMO, it would take some real brass balls to do so.
2/19/2015 6:54 PM
next time he or she comes in he will be under a new name so you have to watch for new owners who look like thay just started
2/20/2015 8:53 AM

the NO-TRADE of AAA should prevent any cheating. 

2/20/2015 4:43 PM
If you have trouble filling it, send me a smail.
2/20/2015 10:46 PM
looks as if the theme is filling fast and, with the changes introduced by the commish due to Pillsbury's apparent cheating, has restored faith in the theme. That's good news. It will be interesting to see if Pillsbury shows up; thus far (thru 18 sign ups) he hasn't - at least under the alleged presumed names. Would like to see him give the theme a try playing on an even playing field, but doubt that will happen.
2/26/2015 2:44 PM
Posted by ff09 on 2/20/2015 4:43:00 PM (view original):

the NO-TRADE of AAA should prevent any cheating. 

It would prevent convenient trades like that type, but if a guy has multiple teams in a division, he can rest starters or limit the # of pitches a front line starter will throw vs the team he intends to win. 
4/3/2015 5:50 PM
I'm convinced this happens frequently in the open leagues.
4/7/2015 10:49 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Unfortunately I think we may have another example of this behavior going on
11/10/2019 8:40 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Cheaters among us Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.