Is it still possible to have a coach with 2 teams? Topic

I was surprised that I was out recruited for four prospects within 200 miles of me, but almost 1000 miles away for another school.   I can see one or two, but 4 guys from the same team.   I have been away from WIS for a little while ... but surprised to see that this might still be happening.
1/29/2015 8:57 PM
Not supposed to be legal. But the only person at WIS on a regular basis is the mailman. I don't think he cares.
1/29/2015 9:16 PM
Posted by monkei on 1/29/2015 8:57:00 PM (view original):
I was surprised that I was out recruited for four prospects within 200 miles of me, but almost 1000 miles away for another school.   I can see one or two, but 4 guys from the same team.   I have been away from WIS for a little while ... but surprised to see that this might still be happening.
I have reread this a few times. Not really sure what your point is  
1/29/2015 9:29 PM
Do you know he didn't offer starts / PT?
1/29/2015 9:34 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 1/29/2015 9:29:00 PM (view original):
I agree with realist9900--I don't understand your point.  Are you saying there is someone with 2 teams recruiting players in your area and taking them or are you saying one team just flat out outrecruited you?  
1/29/2015 10:42 PM
Was the playing field equal?  Total # of schollies available?  Playoff money?  Coach rep and loyalty?  And you only have to outrecruit the other guy by $1 in value.

I suppose we all just need more details to be able to adequately evaluate your suggestion.
1/30/2015 1:23 PM
Posted by iamthetwo__2 on 1/29/2015 10:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by realist9900 on 1/29/2015 9:29:00 PM (view original):
I agree with realist9900--I don't understand your point.  Are you saying there is someone with 2 teams recruiting players in your area and taking them or are you saying one team just flat out outrecruited you?  
Sorry - I'm not the brightest light bulb, but I have no idea what is being asked here.
1/31/2015 4:29 PM
the question is simple.   A team recruits and signs players (4 of them) who were all under 300 miles to me, I sent the basic stuff, AC report, CV etc ... somehow I lost all 4 players to the same coach in most cases over 1000-1500 miles away.   How did that coach know about those particular players without sending the basic costly trips.   These were all undecided recruits.  

I am not going into more particulars because I would rather not name names.  I just find it hard to believe that a coach would know about 4 players close to me without spending a bundle.
1/31/2015 10:40 PM
Posted by monkei on 1/31/2015 10:40:00 PM (view original):
the question is simple.   A team recruits and signs players (4 of them) who were all under 300 miles to me, I sent the basic stuff, AC report, CV etc ... somehow I lost all 4 players to the same coach in most cases over 1000-1500 miles away.   How did that coach know about those particular players without sending the basic costly trips.   These were all undecided recruits.  

I am not going into more particulars because I would rather not name names.  I just find it hard to believe that a coach would know about 4 players close to me without spending a bundle.
It is hard to know for sure... from what a lot of coaches are saying that at DIII they recruit nationally. This may be the case for this coach. Sees an undecided (or 4) recruits and jumps in on them. Then it becomes a factor of how much he spends and his and his teams prestige. If it is good he may not have much of a problem turning the recruits in his favor even if yours is good too
1/31/2015 11:02 PM
ok thanks for all the inputs!
2/1/2015 10:24 AM
Is it still possible to have a coach with 2 teams? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.