Yankees & Arod's Bonuses Topic

it is unlikely that the 'you' you speak of would be aware that he is no longer a catch...
1/28/2015 12:56 AM
Well, if the Yanks don't recognize that they're no longer the top of the food chain, I'm not sure what else can be done.
1/28/2015 6:56 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/27/2015 9:20:00 AM (view original):
All of this because Aaron Boone decided to play basketball one night.
Missed this. ARod did get you a championship.
1/28/2015 1:36 PM
Yeah. Arod was a pretty awesome player for the Yankees. Weird that the fans have always been so eager to turn on him.
1/28/2015 3:32 PM
Well he's an *******. But they were turning on him before he showed his true *******-ness.
1/28/2015 4:02 PM
As a Mets fan, I'm sure you heard stories as to why they pulled out of the first A-Rod sweepstakes before he signed with Texas.   Are you sure he wasn't showing his true ashole-ness before he got to the Yanks?
1/28/2015 4:10 PM
And, FWIW, I'm not sure I'm giving A-Rod all the credit for that WS in 2009.
1/28/2015 4:11 PM
Boras is an *******. I blame that on him.

Yankees aren't making the WS without him that year.  Carried them on his back against Minnesota. Having one of the best 3B in baseball is a good way to get some wins.
1/28/2015 4:16 PM
Granted, they swept Minnesota. Am I thinking of a different series?

Regardless.  Was a beast in the playoffs that year.
1/28/2015 4:20 PM
He crushed it in 2009 in all the series.     He had one other good series in 04-05 but that was it.    And I forget when it was, 06 or 07, but he looked helpless at the plate and Torre batted him 8th or something.    He didn't take it well and the fans who were on the fence jumped to the "Hate A-Rod" side.

Nonetheless, the Yankee fans suggesting that he be released now just aren't thinking logically.   You have to pay him.  Because of that, you have to find out what he's got.   If it's nothing, you cut your losses.   If it something, let him earn his money in pinstripes rather than on a beach in Miami. 

And I'm on the "Screw that guy" side. 
1/28/2015 4:47 PM
Anyone who "hates" on arguably your best player, like many Yankee fans did from years, is kinda retarded.

1/28/2015 5:23 PM
If Arod ever makes it to the Hall of Fame, he's probably wearing a Yankees cap.
1/28/2015 6:30 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2015 4:10:00 PM (view original):
As a Mets fan, I'm sure you heard stories as to why they pulled out of the first A-Rod sweepstakes before he signed with Texas.   Are you sure he wasn't showing his true ashole-ness before he got to the Yanks?
AssROD has been showing his *******-ness since he was in Seattle.  I haven't liked him since he said its not about the money and then signed with Texas for no other reason than the money.  I have no problem with him or anyone signing the best deal they can get, but don't say one thing and turn around and do something else.
He's an *******.
1/28/2015 7:06 PM
Why do we care if athletes are ********? They aren't hired to be nice. They aren't bellhops or servers, their job is to be good at the sport they play.
1/28/2015 7:18 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/28/2015 5:23:00 PM (view original):
Anyone who "hates" on arguably your best player, like many Yankee fans did from years, is kinda retarded.

So you have to like your best player or you're retarded?    That makes no sense.    You're not married to the guy.   You're not going out to dinner on Thursdays.    You're not hanging out on Saturdays at the park.   You're rooting for your TEAM. 
1/28/2015 7:26 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...10 Next ▸
Yankees & Arod's Bonuses Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.