Yankees & Arod's Bonuses Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
All of this because Aaron Boone decided to play basketball one night.
1/27/2015 9:20 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/27/2015 12:05:00 AM (view original):
And?  Do you have me confused with bad_luck?

I think WAR has a lot of value for quick player comparisons, but it assumes everything is linear, which just isn't true.  I think top-tier bats are far more valuable on teams that are either already very good offensively or are quite poor offensively, and have less value on sort of average range offensive teams.

What do you mean by, "it assumes everything is linear, which just isn't true."
1/27/2015 9:55 AM

NERD FIGHT!!!!!

1/27/2015 11:16 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/27/2015 11:16:00 AM (view original):

NERD FIGHT!!!!!

****, you really got us there.

Completely unrelated, how are your three simulation baseball dynasty franchises doing?
1/27/2015 1:39 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/26/2015 9:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/26/2015 8:21:00 PM (view original):
No, it isn't.   IF A-Rod stays healthy, I don't think .250 with 20 homers is out of the question.    And that's probably top-end production from Headley. 

Yankees fans want no part of A-Rod's grand return to NY.  But, if he's the best 3B option, he's the best 3B option.   And, if you're going to pay him, you might as well play him.    If he comes out and hits .198 with 3 homers in April/May, he's justifying a decision to release him.    Then, if he goes off somewhere else, the Yanks fans have an even better reason to hate him.
IF A-Rod stays healthy, I don't think .250 with 20 homers is out of the question.    And that's probably top-end production from Headley.

Maybe.  But with Headley, you get defense as well.  39/40 year old ARod is going to be a defensive liability at third.
don't forget..with Headley you also get no drama.  I'd release AssROD now, before he does something else to embarrass himself and the team
1/27/2015 7:38 PM
60m is a lot of money in order to avoid drama and/or embarrassment.
1/27/2015 7:44 PM
True.  But you move on and don't have to deal with the circus.
1/27/2015 7:45 PM
If the circus can produce at the plate, I'll take the circus. 
1/27/2015 7:53 PM
Do you think the Yankees have much of a chance to seriously compete for a playoff spot this season?

I think they're going to be a middle of the pack team for a couple of seasons.  They need to rebuild.  ARod's not going to be part of any long-term plan.  Time to start moving forward without him.
1/27/2015 8:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/27/2015 7:44:00 PM (view original):
60m is a lot of money in order to avoid drama and/or embarrassment.
It's a sunk cost. You're on the hook for 60m no matter what.
1/27/2015 8:03 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/27/2015 8:03:00 PM (view original):
Do you think the Yankees have much of a chance to seriously compete for a playoff spot this season?

I think they're going to be a middle of the pack team for a couple of seasons.  They need to rebuild.  ARod's not going to be part of any long-term plan.  Time to start moving forward without him.
The Yankees may finish last this year. They're in for a long rebuild.
1/27/2015 8:04 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/27/2015 8:03:00 PM (view original):

Doesn't matter.   They have to pay him.   If he's blocking some hot prospect that needs the playing time, that's another story.    Sadly, there is no hot prospect. 

Pay him, play him, hope he produces.  If he doesn't, cut him loose.    If he does, well, you're getting something for your money.
1/27/2015 8:11 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸
Yankees & Arod's Bonuses Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.