American Sniper Topic

Did you see it?

I did.

It was entertaining. Not a top ten war movie, or even one of the best war movies made in the last few years, but entertaining.

I also read this, written by a veteran of the war in Afghanistan. This stood out:
We need a fictional movie with a plot, with a narrative, that isn't afraid to acknowledge certain truths about war: namely, that there are no heroes. There are no good guys. Killing doesn't lead to epiphany or to personal truth, save as a horrified revelation of human guilt. The people who thrive at war accept some of war's hatred inside them. This does not make American soldiers or the Muslim fighters we call terrorists heroes or monsters—it makes them human.
1/23/2015 1:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Interesting.  What branch of the service were you in?  
1/29/2015 9:22 PM
Washington (AFP) - US First Lady Michelle Obama on Friday defended Clint Eastwood's hit film "American Sniper," which has been accused of whitewashing the story of the Iraq war.
2/2/2015 2:25 PM
I wonder what it will win in the Oscars.  Tough competition.  I'm not gonna get pissy or go conspiracy if it doesn't win a big one.  Selma is going to get something.  Plusewise that tank movie and the guy that broke the Nazi code.  It was as pretty good year for movies. I'm gonna watch the oscars this year. 
2/20/2015 7:16 PM
I started watching it then I fell asleep.  Best oscars eVar!
3/1/2015 12:36 PM
American Sniper Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.