DH52 Rosters and Commentary Topic

1 Iccoachb - Lebron James, Anthony Davis, Tyson Chandler, Mark Price, Klay Thompson, Jeff Teague, BOOGIE!!!       
2 maglor1 - Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry Lucas, Andrei Kirilenko, Jerry West, Paul George, Vern Fleming, Johnny Green
3 thomcat - Moses Malone, Chauncey Billups, Horace Grant, Chris Mullin, Andrew Bynum, Jordan Hill, Ed Davis      
4 jkaye24 - Michael Jordan, Marcus Camby, Donyell Marshall, Kobe Bryant, Brad Daugherty, Arvydas Sabonis, Jim Les  
5 hoopsdude - Dennis Rodman, Kevin Love, Terrell Brandon, Emeka Okafor, Paul Pressey, Tony Allen, Zach Randolph   
6 eleibowitz - Karl Malone, Shawn Marion, Clyde Drexler, Larry Sanders, Charlie Ward, Eric Bledsoe, Leon Powe    
7 jhsukow - Dwight Howard, Bill Walton, Shawn Kemp, Danny Green, Jose Calderon, Joe Dumars, Tayshaun Prince    
8 uptowngbv - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, DeAndre Jordan, Steve Nash, Brent Barry, Cedric Maxwell, Charlie Edge, Al Horford       
9 pennsylvania - Larry Bird, Bobby Jones, Anthony Mason, Maurice Cheeks, Don Buse, Andre Iguodala, Elvin Hayes    
10 mikee1 - Shaquille O'Neal, Ben Wallace, Derek Harper, Paul Pierce, Goran Dragic, Clarence Weatherspoon, Chris Gatling      
11 scudmissle - David Robinson, Elton Brand, Willis Reed, Walt Frazier, Nicolas Batum, Rodney McCray, Drew Gooden     
12 steelers821 - Chris Paul, Gary Payton, Larry Nance, Spencer Haywood, Paul Silas      
13 amerk1180 - Kevin Durant, Tracy McGrady, Andre Drummond, Mel Daniels, Roy Tarpley, Muggsy Bogues, Johnny Moore     
14 slymonium- Alonzo Mourning, Mookie Blaylock, Tom Boerwinkle, Chris Webber, James Harden, Carlos Boozer, Jameer Nelson  
15 jt7king- Charles Barkley, Jason Kidd, Dikembe Mutombo, Amare Stoudemire, Michael Redd, Greg Anthony, Jeff Ruland        
16 cjok1051- John Stockton, Stephen Curry, Serge Ibaka, Dirk Nowitzki, Mark Eaton, Kyle Korver, Chris Bosh       
17 vancem- Artis Gilmore, Manu Ginobili, Deron Williams, Kawhi Leonard, AC Green, Andrew Bogut, Zelmo Beaty   
18 longtallbrad- Bill Russell, Hakeem Olajuwon, Ray Allen, Gerald Wallace, Fat Lever, Jamaal Tinsley, Anderson Varejao 
19 dh555- Dwyane Wade, Kevin Garnett, Joakim Noah, Tree Rollins, Ron Harper, Oliver Miller, Nate Mcmillian      
20 sixernugget- Tim Duncan, Robert Parish, Terry Porter, Marques Johnson, Sidney Moncrief, Earl Watson, Kermit Washington     
21 98average- Magic Johnson, Penny Hardaway, Bob Lanier, Chris Andersen, Ryan Anderson, Darrell Armstrong, JaVale McGee
22 tarheel1991- Scottie Pippen, Julius Erving, Buck Williams, Wes Unseld, Jon Barry, Kenneth Faried, Vince Carter
23 ysw128- Patrick Ewing, Kevin McHale, Rajon Rondo, Clifford Ray, Baron Davis, Dale Davis, Brandon Rush   
24 banditone - Oscar Robertson, Bob McAdoo, Pau Gasol, Wesley Person, Peja Stojakovic, JR Smith, Ray Scott
2/1/2015 8:39 AM (edited)
My Unqualified Opinions

Round 1
     Even though mikee doesn't like it, I think the Shaq- Fro pairing is really good. Alpha Dog role is covered, boards are looking spiffy, and post D is nice. Also, its really easy to find solid wings later on, while there is a shortage of quality big men. I do think Stockton may have been a better call, though- give the big man a passer to set him up.

Round 2
     Tar's Pippen- Erving pairing means death for opposing wings. Talk about defense! 98 has an interesting strategy going on here- 2 PGs, so high ast% strategy seems to be in play- but both are decent rebounders for their position, so this could be a dangerous team. Ewing's stock has risen rapidly, going from the 4th to the 2nd, now to the late 1st. Speaking of rising stocks, I question the wisdom of taking McAdoo at the turn. He usually goes in the 3/4 round area, so I don't think this is as much a "rising stock" as maybe a panic decision. The KG pick by dh means that his 2 highest usage players both have eFG hovering just over 50. LTB's Russell-Olajuwon combo just strikes me as weird. There's just something off about it. Of the two already completed backcourts (98 and cjok) I like cj's better. It has a higher ast%, as well as being able to shoot absolutely lights out from range. Amerk's decision is one of those where this could turn out really good (like Finals) or really bad (having a top-3 pick next season). Steelers must be ex-KGB because that was some masterful exortion done there to wrangle better drafting position in both the 3rd and the 5th rounds. Uptown's DJordan pick makes sense... I really want him to name his team "Uptown Funk", or some play off it. Jhsukow's Howard-Walton combo is one I've seen win, for obvious reasons.

Round 3
     iccoachb might actually put together a team that won't be the first pick in the division draft. Maglor seems to really like low usage players. There's something fishy happening between uptown and vancem... but then again we all cried "Wolf!" when logain got Karl Malone last year and he didn't even win his division. Eleibowitz seems to be set on building with some great pieces... I think he has a contender on his hands. And my team is really starting to fall apart- I shouldn't make fun of dh for having Wade-Garnett be his high usage tandem when mine is just as bad, if not worse. Amerk just secured somebody to pull down TMac's chuck attempts. Sly's team is looking really good without a first rounder... but that's the multiple 2nd and 3rd rounders at work...

Round 4
     I really think everybody's teams are coming together nicely. Although I do feel that cj made a horrendous mistake in drafting Ibaka in the 3rd. He had the high ast% thing going, he should have ran with it and taken Boerwinkle, which would have done a lot toward fixing the team's only major deficit (OReb%). Uptown's Barry pick just made everybody stop and stare at the offensive masterpiece he has going. Steelers pick of Haywood was... interesting, although I like the reason he gave for it.

Round 5
     So cheers to uptown for running with the high efg% theme he has going. I have a feeling that he will be one of the last teams drafted into a division. Eleibowitz has a good team going. I think jkaye's MJ-Kobe experiment is going to crash and burn. Jhsukow has a great post rotation, but he's short a SF. There's plenty of good wings left, but I don't know how many will make it back this far, or how many have what's necessary to survive in this league. Mikee still only has 3 players, which could be problematic for him going forward with filling holes. Jt has a nice roster so far, although it seems a bit light on defense and 3's. There's going to be a race for PG's between LTB and tarheel. Bandit's team is light on boards, assists, and efg%, so he's the inverse of  uptown with regard to the division draft. I really don't understand the point of the trade between penn and scud. From my perspective, it doesn't benefit either of them, but scud at least moved somewhat horizontal. Penn really needs a high usg%, high reb big man, along with some 3's. The treys are easy enough to come by, but the ideal big man no longer exists in the available player pool. I am going to continue to b*tch about what could have been with cjok's squad: Eaton is good, but Boerwinkle would have served you so much better. I have no idea what's happening with steelers' team. He needed a center (like Eaton, maybe?), but drafts another "PF who is 99-100% @ SF". I really like jt's Redd pick, assuming he's using the 02-03 season. He doesn't have ideal defense, but he does fill your need of another long-range shooter. I like LTB's Fat Lever pick. Your other players give you decent to mediocre passing, so Fat is just bringing up to the requirement. Also, he rebounds and has a great nickname. Dh has nobody who can reliably hit 3's. Other than that hitch, his team looks pretty good. I said back in round 3 that amerk got a player to snag TMac's bricks when he drafted Drummond. Well, since then, all of his picks can grab the ugly shots.

Round 6
     RAY SCOTT?
     Anyway, LTB picked up 2 great super-subs... vancem really p***ed me off with the Bogut pick... sly has a very good team, even without a first-rounder... amerk still managed to pick up two good PGs, even though he waited until the 6th round to do it... mikee's Gatling pick p***ed me off also... penn doesn't have anybody that can actually rebound (well, okay, there's one season of Hayes, but it has really low efg% for its usage)... uptown's gonna funk us up... eleibowitz probably should have addressed the gaping minutes hole @ C... my team sucks... coach has too many players with high minute seasons at the same positions... steelers and maglor still need to make their final selections.

1/31/2015 8:14 PM (edited)
thanks for doing this team rosters page, hoops... has been wearing me down a bit. good job!
1/23/2015 12:21 AM
I'm glad that Shaq and Durant aren't a pair. And I am picking at # 17 ahead of LTB.
1/23/2015 12:58 AM
Posted by vancem on 1/23/2015 12:58:00 AM (view original):
I'm glad that Shaq and Durant aren't a pair. And I am picking at # 17 ahead of LTB.
Grr I'm not!
1/23/2015 1:23 AM
gilmore should not have been available at 17
1/23/2015 11:13 AM
Artis Gilmore is possible the hardest player to draft around. He takes up a lot of salary for 2 usage points I think. He's bad on defense and can only play 1 position. But if there's someone whose qualified to take that challenge it would be Vance
1/23/2015 2:01 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 1/23/2015 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Artis Gilmore is possible the hardest player to draft around. He takes up a lot of salary for 2 usage points I think. He's bad on defense and can only play 1 position. But if there's someone whose qualified to take that challenge it would be Vance
In a 47 mil league, I would agree with you. I took him in the ODL a few seasons ago and immediately regretted the salary crunch it put me in. That team somehow won 60 games, despite me thinking it would be pretty average, but I still would be hesitant to pick Artis again in that league.

In a 52 mil league, though, salary is not really an issue.  The only person you really even need to consider salary with when building around is Wilt, and that's a great freakin problem to have.
1/23/2015 2:04 PM
I've already made mistakes drafting Artis in this league. I combined him with a poisonous high usage player that ruined the team. That won't happen again or will it???
1/23/2015 2:28 PM
Minutes are low for a first rounder, but I'd like to see people use one of his Bulls seasons.
1/23/2015 2:39 PM
i had never seen 77-78 Gilmore seems like a really good season
1/24/2015 10:02 AM
DH, I like the Wade/KG combo. That is a pretty sick core.
1/24/2015 10:05 PM
A Hakeem and Russell front court would be nasty in real life.
1/24/2015 11:54 PM
I'm really curious to see how Durant at SF turns out with T Mac at SG. Has anybody used KD at his natural SF position here before?
1/25/2015 1:16 AM
The Russell/Hakeem combo would have been so tough in RL. LTB will find a way to get a good backcourt still I'm sure. Again another combo that will be fun to watch.
1/25/2015 1:19 AM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
DH52 Rosters and Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.