11 of 12 footballs deflated.... Topic

That's bitter Jets fan thinking.

Seriously, the Super Bowl is the NFL's premier event.   How damaging would it be to remove one of the top coach/QB combos, of all-time, from the equation?  That would just be dumb.

If the NFL had a written guideline on how to handle "ball-tampering", say immediate 8 game suspension for coach, 500k fine for coach, loss of 1st round pick for team and 5m fine for team, maybe BB says "**** that ****."   Otherwise, he just outsmarted the NFL.   No need to be butthurt.   Close the loophole.

I'll add that SEA has been FAR from squeaky clean during their run.  
1/22/2015 10:30 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1/22/2015 1:02 PM
Boston Globe writer on the local radio station just said Brady is going to cop to the crime at press conference at 3:45 eastern. Said he called a team meeting this morning.

This should be interesting if true.
1/22/2015 3:29 PM
I'd die laughing if Brady is suspended for the Super Bowl.   But, if he's going to admit he was responsible, my guess is he already knows he won't be suspended.
1/22/2015 3:54 PM
Nope.  "I didn't alter the balls in any way."

Good luck pinning it on anyone of note. 
1/22/2015 4:21 PM
NAME CHANGE MANDATED FER 2015 ONWARD: NEW ENGLAND SCUMBAGS
1/22/2015 4:23 PM
Yeah, definitely not going to take any responsibility.
1/22/2015 4:23 PM
Brady absolutely knew about this. There's no way he doesn't. 

If BB doesn't take the fall (I don't blame him. He's paid a shitton of money for cheating) then Brady SHOULD be forced to. If you use a corked bat in baseball, and say "I didn't know" nobody cares or believes you, and you get suspended. Brady SHOULD be suspended for the Super Bowl, but he won't.
1/22/2015 4:37 PM
If I'm the ballboy, I'm extorting the **** out of Tom.
1/22/2015 4:38 PM
Posted by The Taint on 1/22/2015 3:29:00 PM (view original):
Boston Globe writer on the local radio station just said Brady is going to cop to the crime at press conference at 3:45 eastern. Said he called a team meeting this morning.

This should be interesting if true.
I guess Brady didn't get the memo about 'fessing up.

1/22/2015 4:51 PM
Or he had a change of heart. Found out the hammer was going to be heavy and pussed out.
1/22/2015 5:39 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/22/2015 10:30:00 AM (view original):

Seriously, the Super Bowl is the NFL's premier event.   How damaging would it be to remove one of the top coach/QB combos, of all-time, from the equation?  That would just be dumb.

If the NFL had a written guideline on how to handle "ball-tampering", say immediate 8 game suspension for coach, 500k fine for coach, loss of 1st round pick for team and 5m fine for team, maybe BB says "**** that ****."   Otherwise, he just outsmarted the NFL.   No need to be butthurt.   Close the loophole.

Do tell...aside from the suspensions handed out for Adderall, and the Brandon Browner mj nonsense, what else?
1/22/2015 5:55 PM
That's not nothing. Difference being the Seahawks players got caught and suspended, Patriots got caught in this instance and we dunno if we'll see any instant punishment.

I don't understand needing definitive proof of Belichick knowing of the altered footballs. He's the guy in charge, he's culpable. Like in the Sean Payton thing, "If he didn't know, he should have."

Does anyone believe Brady didn't notice the flatter football? A Colts defender noticed it, but not Brady?
1/22/2015 6:26 PM
Posted by seamar_116 on 1/22/2015 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/22/2015 10:30:00 AM (view original):

Do tell...aside from the suspensions handed out for Adderall, and the Brandon Browner mj nonsense, what else?
Well, most of the DB being suspended for drug violations is kind of a big deal.    And SEA has had mini-camp practices removed and were fined for practice violations. 
1/22/2015 6:30 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...22 Next ▸
11 of 12 footballs deflated.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.