seems like pitchers HR % stats are not normalized Topic

I've been playing this game for quite a while now, and have been pretty successful. However, I have observed that it seems as though pitcher's  home run percentage statistics are not "normalized" the same way other statistics are normalized. As a result, deadball era pictures seem to have a tremendous and unfair advantage over their non deadball counterparts.

I am not complaining, as I have used that ball pitching staffs to win many leagues and a few TOC's, but it just seems curious to me that the  SIM seems to retain this HUGE and unfair inequality between deadballers and non deadballers.

Can anyone shed any light on this apparent issue?
1/6/2015 8:10 PM
They are normalized. But normalization isn't everything -- the sim uses the raw data as well.

As such, even with normalization it's not enough.

Also realize that deadballers that allowed 0 HR during the season get normalized to infinity. (So do modern pitchers, and it's in fact even better because it gets flipped to the minimum constant of .0025 HR/9 and thus a 0 HR modern pitcher should give up fewer HR than a 0 HR deadballer.)

If it's any comfort, using deadballers makes your defense significantly worse. (I know, it's still not enough.) Deadballers will remain OP in the SIM until the mythical next update.
1/6/2015 10:07 PM
seems like pitchers HR % stats are not normalized Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.