College Baseball II - $100M cap (full) Topic

$100 Million cap. 24 teams. Yes: DH No: AAA, WW, Clones, Trades. Pick a college and your team must have at least 15 players who went to that college. NOTE: We’ll use the Baseball Reference website of colleges as the definitive list for who is eligible for your college. Use this link: http://www.baseball-reference.com/schools/
Find your school and click on their link to see who is listed as having played in the Majors. You’ll need at least 15 players from that list who also appear in WIS. Note: the link above takes you to 4-year colleges. You can select any 4 year college there or click on the link on that page to “JuCo & CC” and select any of the Junior Colleges or Community Colleges listed . There aren’t too many JuCo & CC that have enough of a pool to field a 15 player team, but there are a few that might be able to work if you want to pursue that route.

The remaining 10 roster spots can be filled with 2 types of players: 1. Additional players from your college’s list in Baseball Reference; 2. Teammates of your 15 (or more) players in the specific years you select them. For example, if Santa Clara is my school and I have the 1906 Hal Chase on my team, I can add any teammate of his from the 1906 New York Highlanders. No twisting and no selecting Chase teammates from any season other than 1906. If your player has multiple MLB teams listed in WIS for the year you select, the team you pick for your player in WIS is the only one you can select teammates from.

There will only be one instance of a given college so first-come, first-serve on signing up here for them. You can pick any stadium but there will only be one instance of a given stadium so first-come, first-serve on signing up for that here as well.

I’ll set up the league and send out the league number once there are 10 teams signed up.

Team name should be that college and their nickname. E.g.: Oklahoma Sooners; Minnesota Gophers; Pepperdine Waves; Penn Quakers; Villanova Wildcats.

I’ll set up a post in the Theme League Forum where you can post all the players (a minimum of 15) from the school you picked. That will help me a lot in reviewing who can have teammates added, and it also is nice for other mangers in the league to see the actual players on your roster from your school.

One more note:   If there is a separate link in Baseball Reference, then it is a different school (e.g. you can’t combine every school that starts out with the name “California State University”).

Division and League breakdowns will be from the groups listed below. Since you need at least 15 WIS eligible players from the college you pick, I have all schools with 20 or more players who made it to the majors listed below. Remember, not all players who made it to the majors have at least 1 season in WIS. I’m sure that there are many schools listed below who can’t field a team of 15 (i.e. I’m not guaranteeing that they can field a team just because they are listed here), so you’ll need to make sure the team you select can. The list is coming more from the standpoint that if there were less than 20 guys who made the majors it is highly unlikely you will be able to field a team of 15. Once 4 schools from a group have been picked to fill a respective division the other teams listed there will no longer be eligible. You can have 2 teams, but please make sure you select them from different leagues.

NL East Schools available  (# of major league players listed after the school):
LSU (78)                                                                Auburn (40)
Florida State (67)                                                  Virginia (39)                                       
Alabama (66)                                                        Wake Forest (39)
North Carolina (65)                                               Maryland (34)
Florida (62)                                                           Vanderbilt (32)
Miami-FL (60)                                                        Kentucky (32)
Georgia Tech (57)                                                 Miami Dade College (31) JuCo
Clemson (53)                                                        Tulane (30)
Arkansas (53)                                                        State College of Florida (27) JuCo
South Carolina (51)                                               Miami-Dade, North (26)
Tennessee (51)                                                     Miami-Dade, Kendall (25)
Georgia (47)                                                          Memphis (22)
Mississippi State (47)                                           Chipola College (22) JuCo
Mississippi (46)                                                    Southern Mississippi (22)
Duke (45)                                                              South Alabama (22)
NC State (42)                                                        Seminole CC (20) JuCo
Georgetown (42)                                                    Washington University, St. Louis (22)
Missouri (49)                                                          Pittsburgh (20) 
West Virginia (27)                                                    Missouri State-Springfield (22)
                                                                               St. Louis University (22) 

NL Central (Division Full):
Michigan (90)                                                        Iowa (30)
Notre Dame (85)                                                   Kent State (29)                                                 
 Illinois (80)                                                             Ohio University (29)
Ohio State (61)                                                      Southern Illinois (29)
Michigan State (44)                                               Northwestern (27)
Minnesota (44)                                                      Indiana (27)
Penn State (34)                                                    Miami-OH (26)
Western Michigan (34)                                         Purdue (21)
Wisconsin (30)                                                     Indiana State (20)

NL West (Division full):
USC (128)                                                            California, Berkley (71)
Arizona State (125)                                              Washington State (41)
Stanford (92)                                                        Oregon State (32)
UCLA (85)                                                            Washington (30)
Arizona (79)                                                          Oregon (24)

AL East (Division Full):
Holy Cross (79)                                                  Harvard (30)
Penn (61)                                                            Syracuse (29)
Fordham (59)                                                     Princeton (29
Villanova (51)                                                      St. John’s (24)
Boston College (41)                                            Bucknell (24)     
Brown (41)                                                          Rutgers (23)
Seton Hall (34)                                                   Columbia (22) (Can't field team of 15)
Dartmouth (34)                                                   U Mass-Amherst (21)
Manhattan College (32)                                       
Yale (30)

AL Central (division full):
Texas (118)                                                         Rice (36)
Oklahoma (71)                                                    Houston (31)
Oklahoma State (65)                                          Texas Tech (30)
Texas A&M (61)                                                   Kansas (27)
                                                                            Seminole State College, OK (23) JuCo
Nebraska (46)  
Baylor (40)                                                           Wichita State (40)                                               
TCU (36)                                                               Iowa State (21)

AL West (Division Full):
Cal State-Fullerton (63)                                      UNLV (25)
St. Mary’s California (63)                                    U Cal Santa Barbara (24)
Santa Clara (60)                                                 Riverside CC (24) JuCo
Cal State-Long Beach (54)                                 San Jose State (24)
Cal State-Fresno (49)                                          U Cal San Francisco (24)
San Diego State (48)                                           Mesa Community College, AZ (23) JuCo
Sacramento City College (41) JuCo                    Fullerton College (22) JuCo
Pepperdine (37)                                                   Nevada-Reno (21)
Loyola Marymount (32)                                        Fresno City College (20) JuCo
Cervitos College (30) JuCo                                 Pasadena City College (20) JuCo                               
BYU (30)

I’ll start it off by selecting the Ohio University Bobcats, and Hilltop Park in New York.

Stadiums taken:
Angel Stadium
Arlington Stadium
AT&T Park
Briggs
Busch (original)
Chase Field
Colt Stadium
Comisky II
Crosley
Dodger Stadium
Enron Field
Hilltop Park
Jack Murphy Stadium
Minute Maid Park
Petco Park
Polo Grounds V
Qualcom
Riverfront Stadium
Robison Field
Shea
Shibe Park
Sportsman's Park III
US Cellular

NL East
1. Vanderbilt/Crosley (2chair)
2. Georgia Tech/Robison Field (burningcouch)
3. University of Miami/Colt Stadium (dlchow)
4.  Missouri/Sportsman's Park III (Scottedward)

NL Central
1. Ohio University/Hilltop Park (ghsisler)
2. Notre Dame/Briggs (bobbyj7)
3. Michigan/Busch Stadium (CarlosVal)
4. Illinois/Comisky II (sambus)

NL West
1. Arizona Sate/Shibe Park (specsman)
2. USC/Dodger Stadium (heybatr34)
3. Arizona/Chase Field (hoopsrus)
4. UCLA/Angel Stadium (rourke)

AL East
1.  Fordham/Stadium TBD (Hoofhearted)
2.  Seton Hall/Shea (doubleot)
3.  Dartmouth/Riverfront Stadium (dvorr80)
4.  Rutgers/Polo Grounds V (trd3)

AL Central
1.  University of Texas/Arlington Stadium (burningcouch)
2.  Oklahoma State University/Enrom Field (richabbs)
3. Nebraska/US Cellular (Cicero)
4. Rice/Minute Maid Park (ghsisler)

AL West
1. Cal State-Fullerton/Petco Park (Got_Worms)
2. Cal State-Long Beach/Qualcom (heybatr34)
3. San Diego State/Jack Murphy Stadium (TAVoorhees)
4. St. Mary's California/AT&T Park (Jdh34)

3/4/2015 5:14 PM (edited)
I will take Fordham Rams -- undecided stadium
12/23/2014 10:38 AM
Arizona State - Shibe Park
12/23/2014 11:43 AM
Hoofhearted has Fordham and specsman Arizona State.  Welcome to you both!
12/23/2014 1:59 PM
I am in.  Give me USC.  Stadium TBD
12/24/2014 9:27 AM
I am sorry on further review I am backing out.  
12/24/2014 9:49 AM
Posted by thebubbaq on 12/24/2014 9:49:00 AM (view original):
I am sorry on further review I am backing out.  
Not a problem.
12/24/2014 2:39 PM
I'll take Bucknell as a 2nd team, playing in Busch II.
12/26/2014 9:10 AM
I will do this with Vanderbilt - have not decided on a stadium yet.
12/26/2014 3:46 PM
Posted by 2chair on 12/26/2014 3:46:00 PM (view original):
I will do this with Vanderbilt - have not decided on a stadium yet.
Vandy is yours 2chair.  Welcome!
12/27/2014 6:36 AM
Are there any restrictions with respect to the stadiums?
12/27/2014 3:21 PM
Posted by dos_chairs on 12/27/2014 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Are there any restrictions with respect to the stadiums?
The only restriction is that they are unique, so you can't pick one that has already been selected.  Other than that, no restrictions.  The stadium doesn't need to be near your college.
12/27/2014 6:21 PM
Posted by gyrene on 12/28/2014 2:08:00 PM (view original):
I thought we had to have a minimum of 10 players to represent the school last season. Some schools are limited in professional WIS eligibility. Why was it changed?
I changed a few things and that was one of them.  The salary cap also changed and the DH was added.  There is a tension between the minimum number of players who were at the school and how many schools can field teams.  The lower the number, the more schools that can field teams.  The higher the number, however, the more the school is represented by the team.  I know there are managers who like the lower number, but there also are managers who advocate using a higher number.  I went with 15 this time as a change of pace and to see how well it works.  There are well over 24 schools that can field teams with the number at 15, but many more can with the number at 10.
12/28/2014 6:35 PM
I'm in with the Longhorns please
12/31/2014 12:42 PM
I'll try my alma mater...Kent State University... Stadium TBD
12/31/2014 2:33 PM
123456 Next ▸
College Baseball II - $100M cap (full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.